Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Stranger and A Tarantula

Yes! Yes! Yes! I actually dreamt of a tall dark stranger who lived in a castle. I was staying in the castle in one of the rooms. I was afraid to make noise because he would wake up and be anoyed by me. I was afraid he would ask me to leave his castle.
A couple of nights before I dreamt of a huge hairy tarantula. I killed this tarantula with the base of my lamp. The insides of the tarantula were exposed. There were three blue eggs inside. I remember one of them cracking. Inside the egg there was clothes.
I have been having nightmares lately.
In reality I am going through a divorce and I filed for it.
I feel so uncomfortable about the whole thing.
Lillian Johnson

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38yrs in San Diego

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: A Stranger and A Tarantula

Lillian,
Your statement {In reality I am going through a divorce and I filed for it. I feel so uncomfortable about the whole thing} may provide clues to the message of your dreams. A tarantula can symbolize your dark and sinister side. And the tall dark stranger would fit with this masculine aspect.
These dark aspects would fit with having to cope with your divorce. You are having utilize qualities that are not part of your normal active personality. Going through divorces can often cause a person to 'have to be' sinister in their approach. The 'tall dark stranger' a part of you, the 'dark' and 'sinister' masculine aspect you are having to utilize. This is one aspect of your psyche {one room of the castle}. The castle has become your fortress, where you are having to use defensive measures confronting the divorce. This is an annoying aspect of life {going through the divorce}. You are afraid of having to leave the confines of that fortress because of this stressful event.

The three eggs may represent 3 possibilities {look to see where this may fit in your waking life}. Clothes often symbolize the ego self, the personality, who you are. Divorces present the opportunities to wear 'new clothes', a new life sort of speak. This will happen after you kill the tarantula {when the whole divorce episode is over}.
Stressful events of life can cause you to have nightmares. And divorces can be a real nightmare.

The whole thing about the dark stranger and tarantula being part of your psyche, and how it all plays out in your dreams, is a common way of dreams function. Often there is nothing literal in a dream and one needs to see the metaphorical references within a scope not used in literal language. Of course not knowing more about you personally makes it difficult to say for sure what your dreams are trying to communicate to you.

Let me know your thoughts to the interpretation. There may be a better explanation and your response may shed light on those possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Could the tarantula represet my expensive lawyer? And the stranger in the castle my landlord?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38yrs in San Diego

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Lillian,
Those are possibilities and the dream could be using these people as metaphors, representing themselves but also addressing aspects about yourself {that is the normal function of dreams-addressing aspects of the dreamer}. I believe the dark stranger and the tarantula are aspects of your psyche, defensive mechanisms having to do with the stresses of your divorce.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present