Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the murderous mother

Hello everyone,

Since everyone here has always been so very helpful and your comments so very insightful, I come to you once more with a troublesome dream...

I am working as a Medical Interpreter in a hospital. I am called to go to a room, but for some reason, I go in alone, instead of accompanied by a provider as is the custom. It is an hispanic family on the postpartum floor. I walk in. Everyone is sleeping. Then I see the baby in the car seat or in the crib and there is plastic or tape over the baby´s mouth and the baby is writhing as it struggles to breathe. I am horrified, panicked. I run over to the baby and take the plastic or tape from her mouth. (I think it is a girl). The mother is in the bed, I believe, but either when she sees me trying to help her baby she leaves, or she leaves after I run with the baby out of the room trying to get help for her - a doctor or rn to check her out. I believe the husband is still in the room sleeping, but I'm not sure. I remember the woman walking down the hall, leaving her baby.

I am really affected by this and I leave the room, like I said, to find help for the baby. Somebody checks her and she is fine, but I tell no one about the plastic and that I know the mother put it there. I am confused and don´t know what to do. I can´t bring myself to speak of the situation to anyone, it was so traumatic. I begin to cry every time I think about or mention the baby but I feel that someone should know so that the mother can be apprehended.

I look in a room full of doctors sitting at tables or desks in a conference room and try to find one that I know and trust, someone with whom I can talk about this emotional situation, but I cannot find anyone. Then I search among the nurses. They are having a class and I ask if I can speak to the one on the end of the row toward the back door. She is a really nice rn I know in passing. She says sure, but something happens. I think that an rn from post-partum actually interrupts and asks me if this is about the family in 223 who was having problems with immigration. It is the same room #, but I don't feel comfortable talking with her about it. "I really don´t remember the room number," I tell her, "because I was so upset" But in my mind I believe it is the same room and I begin to wonder what possessed the mother to attempt to murder her child and if this had something to do with it.

I also become worried that I did the wrong thing by not telling someone earlier; I had given the mother much too much time to get away. Meanwhile, no one knew, not even the father, that she had tried to murder her own baby. I wake up before I can find someone I trust.

notes: I actually am a medical interpreter, I do not have children. If there's any other personal information that would be helpful, just let me know...

Thanks in advance for your help.

sana

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: the murderous mother

Sana,
If one of the other contributors does not give an interpretation to your dream, I will do so later. In any case be assured your dream will get proper attention.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: the murderous mother

Sana,
It would be great if you could give more personal information and also any impressions about the dream you may have. Being a long dream and seemingly confronting more than one issue, knowing more about you and your impressions of the dream would be most helpful. It does seem that part of the dream is job related but there are probably deeper aspects to the dream that you need to understand.

One thing to remember about your dreams. They are about you. Most of teh people and actions are either aspects of yourelf or experiences with other people that affect you. For instance:

I remember the woman walking down the hall, leaving her baby

Although there may have been real experiences that fit this scence, it is actually addressing your life and emotions. The woman would be you, hallways often represent connections between conscious and unconscious aspects, connections betwen head {thinking} and heart {caring}. The baby could symbolize something you hold dear in your life {job, career, something you truly care about}

The dream does state this is 'an emotional situation'. Look at your life, and particularly your job, to determine what emotional situtaions may fit with this dream. The dream can be addressing actual life experiences and at the same time addressing your own inner emotional issues. The intent would be to highlite those aspects about yourself that lend tyhemselves to the emotional self, inner aspects probably more so than external ones.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present