Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreaming ..death people ,and some other nightmare

My name is Elisabeth and I am study as a overseas student in Australia.
I used to have nightmare from small age usually I dream death people , like families which was killed in many different circumstances and I can't do anything for them.
Another dream which is quite for many years in my life is : that I am followed by a man in the darkness , and I start running ...
Finally I found a house (usually I dream house empty ,looking inside like ruine), and I climb some stairs and the man is after me .I knew in my dream that he want to rape me .The man look very scarry and hardly breathing .When I have reached the top of the stairs I had realize ,there is no place to hide , no doors,nothing.So a decided to suicide.
When I was ready to jump from third or fourth floor the man told me:
"you don't have to kill yourself I am come after you another time.Is just a matter of time till I am going to get you."

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 and I am overseas student in Autralia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dreaming ..death people ,and some other nightmare

Elizabeth,
These dreams are probably addressing circumstances in your life that you have little or no control over. Since they began in childhood then you may need to look back at that period of time to determine what contributed to these feelings. It may have to do with family situations, especially during your childhood years.

The man following you could be due to experiences from your childhood. It could have to do with real fears from experiences during those years {involving real men}. On the other hand it may be symbolic of fears of men, or a man, in your life who you feel threatened by {but not actually abused}. Or the man could represent masculine attitudes that you possess, influenced from childhood experiences, that have left you with a fears from those attitudes {perhaps an very disciplined father that you resent}. You may have been carrying these emotions throughout your life and now at mid-life {you are at that starting period of mid-life} you have no where to hide from these past experiences.

Look at your life, back through the years, and determine what it is you may be running from. It could be childhood experiences in dealing with family life. Or it could be something more sinister {fear of being raped}. If you would posts any experiences you feel relevant, especially fro earlier years of your life, perhaps we will be able to better understand what your fears are.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Dear Gerard,
First of all I am so happy that you create this website ,which is so helpful to me.I have been reading some other persons experience and I love so much your explanation and the material that you provide for reading.
When I was child only 7, my step grandfather try to rape me.But in that stage I was to small to understand what is the meaninning to be raped.After a few years ,when I was 24 I was raped.
My mother used to abused me when I was child,phisically and verbal.I grow up a sad child ,and in general I am a sad person ,very easy to cry, not trusting people and very sensitive to words.
Even now I have dreams with my mother when si used agressed me.Seems like all this feeling are hidden in the bag...somewhere and come up only in the night.
I know ,Gerard that I have been carying many years in my back this experience ,but I do not know how to forget it.
I always been atracted by psychology,reading spiritual books ,maybe because I try to understand why I am so dead inside of me.Right now I am study Bachelor of Nursing.
Thank you so much for your answer ,
elisabeth

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Elisabeth,
Thanks for your follow up reply. It provides further insights to how dreams addresses those unresolved experiences in childhood that follow the dreamer throughout their life.

As for how to forget these damaging experiences from your childhood. That is not possible but it is possible to put them into proper perspective by acknowledging them and confronting those who caused them {if possible}. Often the child {you as a child} goes through life believing they are to blame for the experiences. Once you realize that you are the victim then healing can begin to take place. Along with psychological help {including self psychology} you will be able to address these negative experiences and get on with a normal life. And the pursuit of a career or an interest {that thing you love most doing} will help you focus on the inner self and less on the past. It is a long road to travel but it is essential. From what you post about yourself I believe you are making positive moves to find balance and harmony in your life. Stay the course and do not be afraid. Good luck with your journey. Keep us posted to your progress.

twat twam asi,
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dear Gerard,
As I told you I am studying in Australia (I am from Romania originally), and I am struggling a lot here.
Before I was working on the ship ,so had the chance to visit Australia and many parts of the world wonderful(Alaska,USA Asia ,Europe).I thought that Australia being a multicultural country , is open ,friendly....so forth but is not.

I realize that some people suffer a lot ,but they stay here finally because they feel samed to came back to their own country( family will believe that they are rich an wealthy ,where in fact they are frustrated and suffer).

After I am going to finish my degree ,happy I am going back to Europe to continue my life .

Many times I asked God why I had to suffer so much,why I had to raped,agressed by mother...did I deserve it?
But as you said in my journey ,God give me a wonderful husband which give me support in all what I am doing now.Maybe sound trivial ,but i believe that we are nothing WITHOUT LOVE/SHARING in life.So my husband is my strenght.He knows my past.
Thank you gerard for your answer and I am reading with pleasure this site.So many special people ,I can learn also from someone experience and from your answer.
All the best,
Elisabeth

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 years old,Australia

Elisabeth,
Do dwell on the positive. And do not blame yourself for what happened to you in the past. Try to put those things into perspective but concentrate on the future, and the positive aspects that the future holds. But if you can do try to work with those past experiences and work on them psychologically. As long as they remain unresolved those experiences will remain unresolved, and a negative in your life. Perhaps you can do this by yourself using Jung's Individuation Process.

Carl Jung considered individuation to be a step or process that leads to a partial disengagement from the control of the unconscious and from collective rules and norms and feelings. This process is accompanied by a development of the rapport of the ego to the self, through an ever closer recognition of the forces and figures that structure—at first without our being aware of it—our representations and behavior.

This is the process that I used to confront my 'demons'. It is a self psychology, used instead of having a real psychologist. It is a difficult process {even when working with a psychologist} but is one you can work on yourself.

As for your education and returning to Europe. That does sound like what a true hero/heroine would do. Returning to share what you have learned for the benefit of others. That is a grand idea and one you can build on and hold onto. Good luck. And may the 'Force' be with you.

Gerard

PS- Always remember you can return to the Dream Forum at anytime. We are always willing to give an 'ear' to your experiences.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present