Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mud in my shoes

In this dream I am walking from my my childhood girlfriend's house heading down the street to my old house. I have my daughter with me in a stroller.
Just outside my old friend's house I discover that the gardens around the nearby houses are surrounded by tombstones instead of fences. I then see a message from another friend (who I have chatted a lot with recently) appear on the stones. A few words on each stone makes up a scentence. His message goes something like this: "I am high now. I remember a fall, at least a hundred meters, down a hill through a very strange terrain...."
I don't undrestand the message and feel a bit worried that it has appeared on the stones, what will the neighbours think when the ramblings of my spaced out friend has replaced the names of the dead?

Next I am at the house I live in now. My partner is there too, and the sun is so bright and warm outside. I take off my daughters clothes and take her by the hand and go out on the terrase to dance with her in the sun. But when I come out in the sun, the light is just to bright, and I cant open my eyes. This is something I have dreamt many times before. It is a horrible feeling. Now she suddenly lets go of my hand and I cant see her, only hear her. I become afraid that she will fall down the stairs to the garden, and I shout for my partner to come out cause I can't see.
He takes her inside, and I go out again to pour out the water I have filled in my shoes.
I have got my sight back and see that my shoes are filled with watery mud and something that looks like seaweed or dead leaves. It is quite a job to clean them and suddenly I feel a branch from a tree stuck on my back. I get it off me and put my shoes on. They are wet and there are still some leaves left.

When I come inside again my daughter has fallen asleep on the couch. I feel a bit angry with my partner because it is my turn to take her out in the stroller again. I feel like it's my turn all the time. I say something just to let him know that I'm annoyed with him, and then I put her in the stroller and walk off.
The strange thing is that I feel like I'm heading home when I leave the house again. It's like I'm going back to my childhood home. When I come back to the tombstones, I find that the message is gone and the names and dates are back. I feel a bit disappointed that the world has become regular again..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Mud in my shoes

You seem to have left some difficult past issues behind and forgotten them too, but are still effected by them subconsciously.
YOu may want to think about what happened during your time in the "old house" and what was your mind set.

How is your friend reminding you of this.

THe inscription on the grave basically seem to say you feel you are ok now, but you had a bad time period where you fell: you possibly were out of control.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Thank you for your response. Your interpretation makes sense, I have indeed been out of control in the past, and I'm working on resolving my childhood issues. The theme of going back to the place where I grew up is recurring in most of my dreams now.

I feel though as the most important thing in this dream is the part where I want to dance with my naked daughter in the sun, but am unable to open my eyes because the light is too bright... This was the most intense part of the dream, and to not be able to open my eyes beacause of bright sunlight is something I have dreamt many times ever since I was very youg. This scene also took place in the house I live in now, so maybe it tells me something about how the fall in the past is affecing me right now.. If you or anyone have thoughts on what this could mean, I would really like to hear them!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, not being able to dance in the sun is poignant. Basking in sunlight is good in a dream. You seem to not be able to do it. This could indicate that you need to deal with your inner issues first. You may have internalized incorrect and harmful ideas about yourself into your psyche when you had your fall or your issues in the past.

You may not be able to see any reason for you to feel good about yourself because you have internalized some very negative idea about yourself as a child. You must try to realize the issue, and address its affects on you so that you can overcome it.

You may have to also go through a process of breaking away from the effect of some family members who may have affected you at a young age.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present