Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greek shipping magnate

I am staying at a very large house owned by a man and his wife who are very wealthy. Their dining room is like that of a large hotel. Large marble statues are everywhere. Workmen are building the house while everyone lives in it. People milling around are friends of the owner. The owner is someone like Aristotle Onasis, balding, sure of himself. He resides low in the clouds, and out the window, to the west of the house, I can see him sitting in the clouds, looking north. I can only see his profile. He is larger than life. The landscape outside this house is somewhat like the Middle East (could be Greece, I do not have a sense of exactly where), in that there is desert and mountains and more large arches and natural statues, everything much larger than life. I lie at the foot of some of these statues because there are army men coming by occasionally and I do not want them to find me. It is a beautiful place. There is everything anyone would like to do here: skiing, mountains, meadows, lakes. I think my family would love this. The wife (who appears to be Aphrodite-like) of the man says to invite them and for me to look at the calendar (the secret place). Sometimes the house is more crowded than others. I am pretty much alone, and go back to the house to visit the wife. I am sneaking inside, and hide among the marble statues as I hear Aristotle, whom I think is away somewhere, upstairs. The wife sees me and shushes me. She is surprised I have returned to the house so soon, but she knows why – that I want to ask more questions and explore and she is approving that. She knows I am a little afraid of Aristotle, so becomes party to my sneaking around in the house. I am trying to satisfy my curiosity of what this Aristotle man looks like. There are many photos in the house but in each there is a balding man with a different mask on in each one – an orange mustache on one, a long beard on another. I have been given access by his wife, and the man, to any part of the house I desire. Even the secret places. I go to the secret place, the place on the counter with layers. There is a flat ‘button’ on the kitchen counter that I lift up, layer after layer (lots of family photos are on each layer, some I recognize, many I do not – there are only a few photos of Aristotle in here, but in each one he has on a mask, like Mardi Gras). I keep flipping these pages of photos until I get to the end (bottom) and see a calendar with spaces I can fill in for when I want to stay in the house, bring my family, or whatever. I close the layers and close the button lid and I can’t even tell it is there. It is our/everyone’s secret. The owner (the Aristotle character) sees me looking at the secret place – it is his Holy of Holies so to speak, and he is OK with that and just says fine, and smiles slightly. I felt afraid he would reprimand me, but he approved my intrusion into his intimate life.

I go into another room, on the side. A Puer type of character, several of these, are involved in some type of experiment with the Aristotle character who is now the King. He is Neptune - I know because he has the trident and kingly robes billowing over the throne - is sitting on a throne and the young men have placed a large athletic cup contraption over the King’s genitals and are watching his face as they turn this on. It is like a large vibrating bicycle helmet. Nothing is happening. The experiment fails. The King shows no reaction. Finally, the scene is over as the King takes the cup off and drinks his coffee. There is a sense that people are coming to the King seeking his support for various enterprises and inventions. I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55, Mississippi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Greek shipping magnate

E.F.,
Your dream seems very much like an exploration of your deepest psyche. The very large house would reflect your total psyche and there is a desire that it be full of wealth. There seems to be a controlling masculine aspect which may reflect your desired achievements in the social world. But there are also aspects about yourself that are still unexplored {photos you do not recognize}.
And there are those secret places, the deeper unconscious aspects and attitudes you possess. The layers would be those aspects that you may need to explore so to discover the truths of who you really are. Perhaps you have been ignoring these aspects.

I sense you are someone who seeks the wealth of valuables, you wish to ascend to a higher realm of wealth in your life. You have probably been this type person all your life. But perhaps you should be seeking the wealth that the inner self can provide. My sense is you have given thought to this aspect of your life {this often occurs at mid-life and at 55 you are deep into that stage} but have put it aside and are still focused on obtaining wealth. How long that can endur is the question that needs to be answered. Are you still be controlled by dewsires of wealth when you should be more focused on the inner wealth?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Gerard for reading my dream and for your comments and possible interpretations. I must comment on the idea of seeking wealth. I found that statement most interesting, as I live in the opposite world. Which may explain the unconscious desire for 'wealth' as possible recognition of inner wealth that I believe is being revealed to my consciousness. I may have this totally backwards. I grew up in poverty and find myself not really interested in collecting material things in my conscious and waking life. Could this idea of wealth be that I - at this time in my life - after being the object of much projection of others in my youth and in my first marriage of being 'worthless' - that after absorbing that like a sponge for many years, perhaps now I see the value of my inner life and need to continue to mine my dreams for exactly what these gifts, this 'wealth' might be? Lots to contemplate in any case. Thaqnks again!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55, Mississippi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

E.E,
That could very well be the message, seeking inner wealth. The fact that you grew up in poverty {I too experienced this in my childhood and it is something that has an effect throughout life, until it is put in its proper place} my be the wealth factor I saw in the dream. Except you have learned that the inner wealth is the only true wealth {the opposite of materials wealth. Perhaps the lesson is to stay the course in your search of that inner life, something we at the Forum think of as the Hero's Adventure. And the Holy Grail, it is the spiritual/creative Self, the opposite of the ego driven materials world.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present