Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Professor Charles...the Squirel. :)

Hi all,

The mood of this dream was very interesting in that it shifted so abruptly. I've tried to post it in a way to make it clearer.

Professor Charles (Squirell-Chuckie's) house, his kitty-boy, rows of furniture and jewellery boxes.

Am in an office and a friend calls someone to get me an acting job. I try to find this man later, and I do, he is Professor Charles.
Charles
He takes me to his house. Standing outside, he tells me he was born close to sand and is so connected to it that he takes it everywhere and lives in a tent. He said he was at the airport once and kept sand in his suitcase and slept with his hand on the sand. As he is standing outside, I notice he looks a little like the tall tan man in the blue suit in a previous dream, but older. He says his name is Charles and I can call him Chuck. His smile turns into a squirrel-like face bobbing up and down as if he is chewing grass, he watches my reaction carefully, and when he sees I am ok with him, smiles again.
His House
We go inside. His house is so beautiful, so peaceful and so large. He has a ground floor, it's not a tent and the walls are made of curtains, made with small round long wooden pieces with fabric woven in between in beautiful designs of blues and reds blending, maybe with birds. He leads me to the bedroom. It is all so simple and graceful. I realize he is a potential suitor and maybe perfect but I tell myself to wait as there maybe someone more suitable, its not a good idea to rush.
Charles
As we leave the bedroom, I notice that he has books and one of them is entitled, 'A Wonderful Husband'. I know it is for me to read but I am afraid it would be too forward for me to pick it up just now. I tell him, instead of having curtains making walls in the house, you could just put them around the perimeters and have an open space.

He reaches over then and gives me a quick and gentle kiss. It is then that I feel very close and bonded to him. I love him. I 'm thanking him, holding a small lace pillow in my hand, the kind the ring bearers at weddings use. He is so sweet and gentle when he says you don't have to thank me for showing you my house. He really touched my heart .
His House
The house suddenly expands into an upper story, filled with beautiful furniture, rows of closets, rows of antique writing desks, and chests of drawers/bureaus and he's telling me about them. Then, there are rows of leather jewellery boxes with Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs and symbols painted in Gold on them. I tell him I need a jewellery box, but he says, not now. We walk and he disappears.
Kitten
I find books, and a small soft kitten with black and white fur, who lets me pick her up but when I put her on my lap she flees. She's a special kind of cat, the kind that no one can ever pick up. (Except she let me pick her up). One of the books in Charles' house was about this kind of cat.

She turns into a small boy.

Boy
He's about seven years old, overweight with brown hair, and really rambunctious. He's older than his years, more like a twelve year old. I'm just a little bit scared of him, he's fierce and ferocious, more like a wild pixie than a boy. I go back to Charles' bedroom and brush my teeth in the bathroom with toothpaste made of ginger. The boy had followed me and I close the door but there is a crack. He takes a camera and starts photographing the room, and the bathroom is at an angle so I'm not in the photo. I'm really a bit scared of him. I sense something wild and potentially dangerous from his energy. He could be capable of anything and could do anything on a whim, his respect for boundaries seems lacking. I don't trust him. He is annoying and obnoxious, invading my space and slightly threatening. I didn't like that I couldn't keep him out of the room. He is getting slightly out of hand, and suddenly the phone rings and I'm saved by the bell, it's for him, and a voice tells him to settle down now.

I wake up wanting to brush my teeth. I had two short dreams before that, one where my sister is complaining about the noise I'm making tossing and turning in bed, to my dad, even though she lives above me and can't hear it, and another dream that my mom has come over and given me a cigarette and a beer, and I feel a sense of freedom at first, then just guilty for smoking when I know its bad for my health. I quit smoking two months ago.

Thanks all,

May
p.s two nights before this dream I dreamt I am walking in my childhood neighbor's yard and thorns the shape of long pink hypodermic needles stuck in my feet. When I came home and picked them out they left small bloody pink holes in feet but didn't hurt after I took the needles out.

Thanks all,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Professor Charles...the Squirel. :)

Hi May

I have looked at this dream a few times and have difficulty with pinpointing it's meanings.
Non-the-less I would like to offer some impressions:
* the dream seems to address the relationship of masculine and feminine - (the book on 'A Wonderful Husband') - Professor Charles is central to this ,,, who is he ?? Is his name a play on words ?? I thought of Prince Charles : do you British background ? or is it a play on words or initials ? In any case ,,,
He reminds me of a peur aeternis ,, he lives in a tent, the airport reference,

* the job is an acting job ,,,,, and he studies your responses (reactions) carefully ,,, ? he is looking for your approval of him. Or are you hiding / monitoring your responses to keep him happy?

the book - for your reference / reading ,,, for you to study / learn from ,,, the relationship with your inner masculine - you know this is the topic yet you are afraid of picking it up ,,,

The kitten - the underdeveloped feminine perhaps; or underdeveloped feminine aspects. Kitten: black + white ,, the opposites: do you tend to see things in black or white ,,, either / or? "she (sees herself as) a special kind of cat ,,, the kind that no one can ever pick up ,,,, mmmmm - how does this relate to you ? your relationships ? Do you let people get close ?

That's it for now May, gotta go
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Was the sand beach sand?

If it was it means theat the charlety is telling you he was born from your conscious mind but is very much in touch with your subconscious mind as a beach is a place where the conscious and the subconscious meet.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Re: Professor Charles...the Squirel. :)

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply. This dream was different in mood from my other dreams, it had an expansive and free feeling...the house..meaning my psyche was expanding, relaxed..I feel this reflects my psychological growth overall although I still have anxiety dreams.

Its interesting also that the man turned into a cat and then a boy. I believe that when 'things' in a dream disappear and something else comes into their place, maybe they are becoming that energy. I think the professor is probably an animus figure...and maybe the kitten and boy are telling me something about my animus and my relationship with my animus as a feminine being.

Both the kitten and boy are not yet developed aspects of what they could become...cat and man, two symbols for the feminine and masculine..

though the kitten was the type one couldn't pick up... i think tiger or lion cub here, she trusted me. I think this is telling me something about my own femininity and how its relating to my animus.

The boy really has a lot of rough edges and wild energy. perhaps this is how my animus is currently dealing with me... obnoxious... but the potential for growth is there.

I'm not sure its all elusive.

Thanks,
may

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Carlos,

I'm pretty sure it was beach sand.

I can imagine that he was born of my conscious mind..this makes a lot of sense to me. probably because also the book had something to do with my conscious understanding of marriage..and then he disappeared and the rest of the dream energy seemed to belong to a deeper part of me.

thanks
May

interesting dream, may.

I am going to feel foolish if you are already married but here goes.

Professor charles may be your animus. he is undeveloped and this is why he remains in an animal type of form in some instances. He was born of the conscious and subconscious lessons and influences in your life. He looks like a squirrel because they are hard workers, and are tireless.

YOu await this aspect to develope so that you can have some rest; some place to place your head, in a socially correct communion between you and the personification of your animus. Right now it seems a bit dangerous as it seems as a relationship with little or loose boundaries. YOu want boundaries and Iguess this is why the book on being a good husband is in the house and you request boundaries (walls). I think this is venting fantasies of of a life of marital bliss.

You feel this is your next step in your evolution as a woman. Are you Egyptian? It seems like you are in the dream. If your are this idea is definitely a part of your cultural heritage.

The soft little kitty is your female sexuality. No one can picke her up but you. She is in the house of your animus. you animus has knowledge of her, because your animus is within you, and is you.

You female sexuality is developing and becoming a bit rambunctious with you. You have urges that are not leaving you alone even as you try to be a good upright woman.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Re: Re: Professor Charles...the Squirel. :)

Hi May

as I read your reply a few things went through my head; they are threads of ideas and hard to get down but here goes -
* "something about my animus and my relationship with my animus as a feminine being" ,,, the Professor ,,, is an academic - could it be that your relationship to your masculine is academic ? and evolving kitten -> boy (that you view as wild etc.).

* "kitten was the type one couldn't pick up" - actually it had the energy of a tiger or lion cub !!!! so it may indicate that you have been acared of this type of energy and not willing to pick it up. Or maybe that your perception / beliefs about this kind of energy were all wrong. This was the kitten that evolved to a boy right? Rough edges - undeveloped, unpolished, raw

thanks May
Justin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the reply. I am already married but no need to feel foolish.

You are right on about professor Charles being an underdeveloped aspect of my animus...he acts as an animal but on the outside is trying to appear as a learned man.

I actually am the one telling him to move the hangings out and put them around the walls to make the house have an open space without boundaries. The way Professor Charles has designed the house puts too many boundaries in for my taste...maybe I feel my animus is hedging me in.

I am Egyptian, but I had a very international and multicultural upbringing and family and am also European and American.

The kitty may be as you say, and the boy as well.

Thanks Carlos.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Professor Charles...the Squirel. :)

Hi Justin,

The kitty was the type of kitten that no one could pick up except me, so maybe this dream is telling me that I am now excepting wild energy as my own that I previously did not.

I do agree with the rough edges...raw, undeveloped part.
Thanks!

I guess maybe the boundaries are fake?
and I confudsed them with loose. So they are there but are an inconvenience?

I will look at tonight again. the additional info. (that you are married) may help get something else out of it.

Hi May

this dream is providing a lot of 'grist for the mill'.

Are you academic ?
Any thoughts on the name of the Professor - it is very unusual to say the least

Justin

ok may,
this is my newer version for you to examinie.

There is an aspect of you that is not fully intergrated int you that is calling out this animus, Professor Charles. The fact that he is a professor seems to indicate that he is a product of conscious learning from a para-parental type of organized structural social learning and not a purely subconscious aspect in you. this is what is meant by him when he tells you than he keeps his touch with the sand of your mind. This sand is from a beach, and a beach is the threshold where the conscious and subconscious meet. Something else to consider which may imply the idea of sand has a double meaning is that Egypt, is a land of sand. So it could have a dual purpose and probably does. I love dreams like this.

The chewing of the grass is the cutting down of your various and numerous overgrown thoughts of yourself; your submission to the learned animus that you have learned. Squirrels are highly energetic and tireless and this is why he is a squirrel: good luck with him.
I was interested in his name Charles. I did some searching on it, and found that "charlady" is a woman that employed to clean. This term i think is in use more in England, but I am not sure. YOu may have heard the word or you may not have. But, i think it fits in well with some of the old world views on women.

By taking you to his house he is taking you to this world that you have aquired through inculcated learning of observartions and interactions with the world round you since childhood; especially home life.

you go into his house or that realm in your mind containing these learned values and you asses the benefits and some of the annoyances of remaining loyal to these traits.
THe first benefit is peace: peace of mind because there is probably no conflict with the old ways, and the many links to the conscious world around you that tought you this.
but, you are on the ground floor meaning that you feel this is a common rudimentary way to live. it is not elevated. Its funny you say its not a tent. a tent might be what a bedouin would use out in a desert. So it is an improvementt of sorts, at least you seem to be convincing yourself it is, despite it being flawed as you point out later.
Teh flaw is that the walls are not really walls they are curtains with wood in them. Curtains usually mean that you are hiding something, or keeping out light. And wood is usually something dead, unless it is on a tree which is alive. In his case the combo seems to make a barrier of of sorts inconveniencing you. You may be the light they are keeping inhibiting. Birds are also indicative of freedom and freed intuition. curtains would severely inhibit birds from taking flight in the same way as they would out i the open. If they were in cages all this is all the more true. Here again we almost have the image of the grass being cut. Various free floughting ideas and intuitions being inhibited. This time it is by the very structure of the world you are in, rather than the animus. But the structure works and comes hand in hand with the animus.
The fact that you consider him a potential suitor, is the desire in you to totally incorporate this in your life. Waiting for another suitor, is holding out for something better. So, it is not about an actual suitor, but it is about what you will accept as normal in your life.

I'll finish this later, maybe tomorrow

oh, I forgot to say, that charles also means chuck. Chuck can mean to throw something out. So here again we have a possible dual meaning. And you do say that ou want to wait and see if something better arrives.

let me know what you think.

did i scare you off?

Not at all!

Wow!

thanks for the fabulous response. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, am on a trip so will do so soon.

I did read through your response once and I agree with it totally. It resonates with my real life and inner experience.

Thanks Carlos,

May

sorry about all the misspellings and grammar errors....

i'll finish up the rest of it soon.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present