Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
vacation

Hi, I'm on vacation. I meet an older man, who invites me in his house. Rooms are big and many. We sit down on his bed leaning on pillows and talk. He has a wife, but she isn't here right now. He wants to invite me for food - the owner of the restaurant comes by with excellent fish and calamari - but since this is my first day of vacation, I decide to go to bed early. It's only 9PM. I feel this is going to be a longer relationship. Thanks, Iris

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: vacation

Iris,
Since you and Kathy have started a dialog from another dream post, I will wait for her insights to this dream. To continue the dialog the two of you have established may be helpful in determining the overall message{s} of your dreams.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Iris,
The dream may point to current changes in your life and necessary endurance to reach the goal. In a prior post you mentioned returning to Europe. This could be the waking life change the dream addresses. Being receptive and supportive (bed, pillows, talk) yet holding to (calamari, longer relationship) the ultimate goal would likely bring the desired result. Change is a powerful force that requires striking balance between of growth, action, and nurture, passive. Working in compliment the two continually refresh (vacation) creativity in bringing about the desired change culminating (9) in reaching the goal. It may take longer than initially planned but staying the course while remaining open and supportive can bring the desired result.

On another level the dream may also speak to personal development through mid life change. Mid life brings physical, emotional and mental change to consciousness. Women gradually develop typically masculine traits that accompany gradual hormonal change. Feminine aspects begin to give way creating space to develop, or in your case further develop, positive masculine aspects/traits. In the dream the animus resides within the Psyche, opening to exploration by the feminine. The animus is more complex occupying more Psyche than consciously aware. Animus communicates receptivity and desire to support the feminine but may also hint at animus desire to grasp (calamari) true Self (fish). The feminine ‘isn’t here right now’ possibly indicates over reliance on or over developed animus. Animus either actually works to support and nourish Psyche or may only ‘appear’ so. The feminine is hesitant, perhaps uncertain so rejects union for now. It’s a first foray into the animus with additional time and examination necessary as feminine distances to think about animus. ‘only 9’ may point to unconscious awareness of feminine as the higher aspect. This process of awareness, examination, development and integration does require both time and essentially developing a relationship with the animus.

Whether the dream indicates integration of proper animus development (if already involved in Self work) or over development of animus is unclear. Examining your emotions during the dream will help guide you to an interpretation that fits with you.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 Central OH, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? N

Hi Iris - didn't notice Amanda's info in the post fields when I posted. Sorry for any confusion on my part.

Regards,
K.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

YOu may feel you are in a situation where you are having to share something or someone special in your life.
YOu would like to be able to get some respite from this situation and have a place to rest your head.

is ther a sticky situation that you are acepting in your life? calamari could indicate that.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Kathy,
Thank you very much for the detailed interpretation. It feels right what you are saying. 'It may take longer than initially planned' that's exactly how it feels right now. Knowing it from you too, takes the stress away. 'The dream indicates integration of proper animus development' I would say that goes pretty much in the right direction. I'm right now more into the animus, but that doesn't bother me because my female side is so strong anyway. The animus interests me more in the moment, but I will not leave out the female. It can also be that I have to go through this because I'm playing the part in a movie of a woman who sees her son a last time before his death and is flying in from Europe, totally on her own - her husband has already died. Now she lost everybody and is aware that she has only herself anymore.
Kind regards, Iris

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Carlos,
Thanks for the reply. Nothing like that happens right now in my life. Thanks, Iris

no problem. thank you for the feedback. Hopefully, next time I will be of more help.

carlos

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present