Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
killing the spider

I'm looking for a bathroom and I find this old broken down toilet in the middle of a room, but I really have to go, so as I am ready to use the toilet a spider jumps out of it. I grab my shoe and violently smash it to death. When I woke up I felt relieved that I didn't let the spider get me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: killing the spider

Cyn,
I’m looking at both dreams as connected, a continuing theme. The dreams could describe an irrational fear that prevents you from moving in a direction that would bring growth and a desire to eliminate this fear.

The first dream Blinded by the Light may describe a desire to make major decision and follow through perhaps leading to great change in your life, living the life you wish to live, or some other current event in your life. Perhaps waiting for the ‘right’ time or seeking approval/permission to begin. The 4 way corner, or intersection, could represent a decision or crossroads in your life, perhaps the major change or beginning a new cycle. It may also symbolize exactly what it is you fear that acts to immobilize you. You support this however fear of the unknown, the blinding white light, prevents you from seeing the path clearly. But you can see there is nothing dangerous in your path, the fear prevents you from embarking in the direction you choose. Yet you truly wish to overcome this as you again attempt, making a slight adjustment. Again fear prevents you from moving in the direction you choose.

In the second dream Killing the Spider bathrooms often symbolize elimination and/or release. (A real physical need to use the bathroom while sleeping can also come through in dreams.) The elimination process is not perfect but seemingly adequate. The spider may represent the irrational fear, and the desire to eliminate this fear. The shoe may be a pun for shoo, indicating a need to shoo or drive this fear away. Shoe likely has personal meaning…This symbol likely has something to do with the change or direction you wish to take.

All in all, what is it you wish to do or change that would be life positive, that you start but fear prevents you from completing or fully undertaking?

Please respond with your thoughts. Any personal information you think may figure into the dream would be helpful in looking deeper into your dream. Of course, dream interpretations are only ‘educated’ possibilities based on universal symbolism. If this does not seem to apply to your current life, still respond with your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

YOu may want to tie this dream to the other dream and realize tht you have something within you, which you feel is toxic, that you need to be rid of either voicing it, or some other way. YOu have a fear of expelling this because of the repercussions that myou may have to battle because of trying to get rid of this toxic situation in your life.

Are you going through a big change in life?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

What great insight, thank you so much. Yes, lot's of fear in my life....fear of failure, change, wrong choices. I've been wanting to make a change of career for a long time but I'm afraid to give up the security. My relationships at work do feel toxic. Also, having recently been engaged, I'm questioning if I've made the right decision to get married again after 2 failed marrages and many relationships. My mom has stage 4 breast cancer so I'm feeling pressured to set the date and make arrangements so she can be with us. I need to look into my soul and make decisions that are best for me not my loved ones, but it's very hard. I tend to over analyze and then feel paralyzed to make decisions about taking the path in my life.

Well, although frightened you sem to know what to do.
THe shoe you used to crush the spider can be the way which you have developed throughout your life to deal with adversity, or it could be the direction you have chosen in life. It can also mean that you have already gotten rid of so much stuff that you are ready to handle these situations, although fearful.

so, trust your instincts and stay calm.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

On the subject of instincts. If we all would realize that we humans do possess a Sixth Sense, and would work to develop that extra sense, I believe as a society we would make less wrong decisions in life and have a better world. But this human extra-sensory ability is really our intuitive sense. We may not be able to sense the minor vibrations of an earthquake {the amazing fact that many species of animals sense earthquakes before they actually occur} like another animals but we do still possess some of those 'primitive' instincts of early man. To survive nature provides tools to do so. And the ability to adapt determines which species survives, and which become extinct.

As for the interpretation of dreams. I believe to be able to 'read' dreams one needs to develop a higher intuitive sense. Through my own evolution in interpreting dreams I have noticed my own intuitive abilities increase, I now 'sense' aspects of a dream that I at one time would have missed. Of course having an education in Jungian Psyche is the first imperative to understanding dreams. But from there I believe developing and using that 6ft sense will open up the dream for a more thorough inspection. Yes, the shadow, the anima/animus, the Self, the whole range of differencing aspects we humans possess help determine what the dream is trying to communicate to the dreamer. I believe there is often a fluid flow to most dreams, the metaphors often create a discernible pattern, and it is readable when the intuitive mind adds its input.

For more on developing intuition read this article Developing Intuition by Shakti Gawain

I'm not endorsing the book but if the book abides by the excerpts it will be a good read.

I've been asked if I consider myself a 'psychic' because I interpret dreams. My response is I may posses 'psyche' abilities but psychic is not something I wish to identify with. Too many remember Dionne Warwick and the Psychic Friends Network.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Sounds like an interesting read. Thank you for the recommendation.

Cyn,

Thank you for responding with your thoughts and personal information. Perhaps at this point working to identify the source(s) of these fears would bring the clarity you seek. With inner issues there is a cause and effect equation that can affect our decision making process. When unconscious issues effect fear, fear can affect conscious decision making. Getting to the source could allow you to work through releasing from cause, effect and affect. With resolution you could then apply rational analysis without the ‘fear’ factor for better decisions thus bringing follow through with appropriate action. Your dreams can guide and assist you if you pay attention to them.

As you read through posts on this Forum you’ll notice failed relationships and mid life are common turning points prompting one to seek understanding of the inner Self, the Psyche. Some identify with Jung’s process of Individuation, it makes sense, so begins the long road to heal fractured Psyche, address traumas, under/over/mal developed inner aspects and inner conflicts all leading to personal development, Self growth, and ultimately balance.

My thoughts are with you and your mother as you deal with this serious illness.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Re: killing the spider

Kathy,

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and suggestions. I often have such vivid dreams and wake up with feelings of dread not really understanding what they are all about. This forum is really amazing and has already given me great insight and some clarity. I trully have many wonderful blessings in my life but sometimes feel unworthy of them and therefore have a great fear of losing them. And so the journey to better clarity begins.

Best,
Cyn

never think that you are unworthy. It is a toxic self image.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present