Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
snakes

Had this dream last night. My previous snake dreams have been very frightening, but this one was different so i thought i would share!I am in my house where i now live and notice that there are big yellow and black snakes with diamond patterns, slithering out of a rat hole and back into another rat hole in the same wall, underneath my table. i am not afraid, but amazed and intriged and curious. I am watching them coming in all different directions and increasing in number and size. I can't remember if they were hunting the rats or if they were turning into the rats! As the dream progresses, i am outside and there are snakes everywhere in the grass, all different sizes and colours.There are also several two-headed snakes. I have to watch where i step because i have no shoes on, this is risky but not terrifying! In another part of the dream, i am picking up these small grey snakes that are in a circle, head to tail, and i bite one behind the head, taking out a chunk of flesh, then i do the same near the tail. I throw this one out and then get another one and start doing the same! The snakes are alive but seem indifferent to me eating them!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: snakes

I think the dream has to do with a hidden sexual desire, as well as being careful of betrayal (snake in the grass).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Thanks for your reply carlos. I think you are right about the sexual element to the dream. I dont quite understand the two headed snakes, or the ones in a circle that i was eating. I also think or hope there are other aspects to the snakes, like transformation, even a sign that something powerfull is moving!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Edwina,
The dream seems to be addressing current attitudes you hold '{I am in my house where i now live}' as opposed to past actions or experiences {even though the past experiences could be the same today}. One aspect of the dream that strikes me is a possible warning '{I can't remember if they were hunting the rats or if they were turning into the rats}'. Perhaps there are aspects of your life, including sexual desires, that you are engaging in that may be dangerous. Or better yet a rational fear you are turning into something other possess that you do not feel is right. By hunting 'rats' you may addressing guilt feelings and doing so those feelings of guilt only manifest themselves even more. You may be turning into that thing you feel is wrong but because of desires you can not resist. The snakes are everywhere, they have taken over. And with real snakes there may be danger in trying to corral too many, the risk rises with each encounter.

As for snakes symbolizing transformation. The dream could be addressing that also. Perhaps the transformation is the realization that desires can often be negatives in your life is left uncontrolled. Biting the head of the snake may be your own head biting at you. Biting the tail could be, well let's say 69 is a convenient way of addressing those sexual aspects.

Are there any other changes taking place in your life that would fit a 'transformation? If so then where would the rats fit in with that? Look at the dream dictionaries to see what other possible meanings rats would fit with in your life beyond the sex thing. The dream may use random symbolic gestures in describing your emotional state but in the end the dream is addressing your emotional self in a fashion that is not random but fits neatly with your true waking life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

usually 2 headed snakes have a dominant head and the other head is just there surviving. there ia power struggle there. YOu may have 2 primal urges, one being sex, and something else just following along surviving.

It may be that you feel that if you give in to a primal sexual need your other primal urges, like survival will become secondary to this.

THe transformation that is clear could be that that having these hidden urges flowing freely through you will lead to something negative. The snakes that might be converting have a yellow and black pattern. those are danger signs in any place you go to in the world. They are sharply contrasting colors meant to get your attention. They are under the table meaning that they are hidden, not out in the open. You may be creating a place or tim e for yourself where this situation can roam freely and are not concerned about it, otr doing anything to protect yourself from this.

The 2 headed snakes reinforce this idea as you are in danger of being led by a primal urge that will consume you and lead to negative feelings within you.

Ironically you literally are consuming the snakes too. THe snakes don't mind, so I think this can mean that you are not effectively addressing this issue.
the snakes in a circle make a structure that has no begining and no end, yet you consuming the snake from its begining and its end. I am not sure of this but I think you may think that there is a begining and an end to this, but your sub is telling you otherwise, or vice versa - you may think there s no begining or end to this but there is a begining and an end to it.

I am not to sure on this point. YOu can figure it out. think about it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Thankyou both for your insights. I am aware of the sexual symbology of snakes, but i really am not sure if it fits with this dream. The two headed theory, seems to ring true. These snakes were not moving, although both heads seemed to be equal, so i think these represent a kind of "stuck" feeling i have. As for eating the snakes in a circle, my friend helped me out on this one, sugesting it represents the biggining and end (or not) of life. The cycle of life. I am working on reviewing my life at this moment, and so i think this represents me trying to 'digest' chunks of my life without necessarily taking in the whole picture. Thanks again for your responses, you have given me much to think about!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present