Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
nightmare

Well I dreamt that I was i my backyard and all of a sudden my mom ran out from behind the garage. She was histerical and said that a big dog was chasing her and it had the face of the devil. As soon as she ran off I woke up. The next night I starting having the same dream agian. It picked up where it left off the night before. My mom had run off and the n I saw the dog coming towards me and I began to run. I fell adn the dig jumoped on me and is face began to change. It went from a dogs face to the face of the devil. It began to laugh. Right as it was going to bite me I woke up. What do you think this means? Any ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: nightmare

Well I dreamt that I was i my backyard and all of a sudden my mom ran out from behind the garage. She was histerical and said that a big dog was chasing her and it had the face of the devil. As soon as she ran off I woke up. The next night I starting having the same dream agian. It picked up where it left off the night before. My mom had run off and the n I saw the dog coming towards me and I began to run. I fell adn the dig jumoped on me and is face began to change. It went from a dogs face to the face of the devil. It began to laugh. Right as it was going to bite me I woke up. What do you think this means? Any ideas?

this could have something to do with a trip you are taking or you took. It may have brought out of you some behavior or attitudes that are dangerous to you and will keep you down.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Cutieberries,
Backyards often symbolize unconscious contents or actions. Garbage could be what you might consider as something worthless to give any attention to. And since your mother is involved {real parents are one of the few instances where there can be a literal interpretation of the subject to real life-most other objects or people are symbolic} there may be experiences with her that the dream is trying to address. Dogs can represent nuiances in life. Has there been any discussions with your mother that you perceived as simply garbage on her part?

Or perhaps you and she share the same emotional attitude, or fear {My mom had run off and then I saw the dog coming towards me and I began to run}? Whereas she may feel the subject the two of you share is important and could be 'devilish', you laugh at that possibility. But maybe she is right, you should take it more seriously before it bites you {Right as it was going to bite me I woke up}. Look back to the past several days to discussions with your mother and see where there may be compatibility to the dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

gerard,
it was a garage not garbage.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Re: nightmare

My bad. I have changed to decaf coffee and at 5 in the morning I guess that isn't what I need. I'll revisit the dream later and see where the garage plays into things. Thanks Carlos.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: nightmare

you are welcome. never give up the caffeine.
It is the elixir of life

Cutieberries,
Sorry for the misreading of garage earlier. I am an
early riser and sometimes I miss something, and sometimes so apparent one wonders where my mind was. And the coffee thing is real.

Backyard and garage suggest a possibility
of unconscious contents. Both you and your mom share in a flight from something. The attitudes I offered previously could still fit. The two of you possess some shared aspect, trait, or experience.

The face of the devil is prominent in the dream. Devils could represent any number of negative possibilities {devil should not be taken literally - it is symbolic of a negative aspect or experience}. The changing face, perhaps ego/persona issues. At 20 you are still very much in that formative stage to adulthood and such issues are a vital part of your life, and a frequent visitor in your dreams.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present