Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hair (?)

I have a natural white streak in my hair, on the front, right side of my head. In my dream, a man whom I can't recognise because his face is cloudy, or blurred, says to me, "You look really old." I say, "Oh, well I try to do everything I can, so as not to look old." He says, "Well what's with this white swoosh in your hair?", I tell him that it's just a natural white streak, that my hair just grows that way, and he says, "If you're trying not to look old, why do you wear your toe tag on top of your head?"... TOE TAG?? What's THAT about????

A few nights later, I dreampt that I took a pair of scissors, and started chopping off pieces of my hair, I have collar-length hair, and was cutting chunks off of the bottoms & sides. One one side, I took off a chunk & could see all the way to my scalp. BTW I didn't do anything to the top. where the white streak is.

Anyone???????

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51, Portland, OR

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Hair (?)

are you bothered by your white streak?

a toe tag is something placed on a corpse in the morgue to identify them.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Yeah, I'm aware of the purpose of the toe tag. I'm not botherd by the streak, in fact people have comented that it's cool, its unique, they ask me if I "put it there"... I'm wondering why the toe tag comment came up, cuz I realize that dreams come from within, I'm wondering what I'm trying to tell myself, & why I cut my own hair so much & so badly?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

there are different ways that we develope a self image. What people say is jsut a part of it. So yes, people may like it, but part of you is not totally comfortable with it.
If you want to take the meaning further, all kinds of analogies can be made, but it might exactly what it states on the surface

for instance, it may be interpreted as a sign that your femininity is waning, or you feel that way, or you may think that men feel that way. But I don't think its that.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

So... What do you think it is?

its just a self image problem. You may feel uncomfortable with the streak.

What about the hair cutting?

same thing. image. you want to get rid of that strip cause you feel it makes you look old.

O.K., Thanks for your replies!

Catherine,
Hair is often symbolic of the thinking self. Does your hair also reflect an independent streak? As for the second dream, you may be questioning that independence. But if it is natural, there is no other choice. There is nothing you can do that can change that.

Does this fit who you are or close to it?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Catherine

Can I offer some additional thoughts.
I remember there is a biblical reference to hair cuttine - Solomon ? We can look at this as Solomon loosing his virility, however perhaps there is another possibility.
Hair is like grass in some ways - it doesn't complain that we are cutting it : it is as though it is meant to be cut ,,, is there anything in your life like this ? Something that it is appropriate to trim back ?
Hair is something that comes out of us - from internal to external : so it can also be something to do with creativity. Something that we naturally create. Are you curtailing anything in that area ?

The last thought has to do with the balance of masculine - feminine. Not sure where this is going, however, in your dream the masculine seems critical of your unique streak ,,, any clues there ? In your waking life, your famil, or inner world?

All the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hey, thanks for all the contributions. Of course all of your suggestions aply in little ways. I have had passing thoughts of wether the white hair makes me look old, but because of other people's comments, I usually don't worry about the looking old thing... I guess I have been wondering about my appearance & men's perspectives. What woman doesn't, eh?

I guess what bothered me the most was the "toe tag" reference. I'm not sure why I would go to that extreme in "talking to myself" about age?

Cutting my hair... that's harder for me to understand. This will get you all going I'm sure, but I really appreciate the insight - My hair has always been very important to me. I've always had jobs that involved being "first seen", so to speak - receptionist, restaurant hostess, greeter for car rental co., things like that, and I've always paid attention to how my hair looks. So the fact that I "butchered" my hair to the point of seeing my scalp, is what really bothered me the most about that dream. It just isn't like me to do something like that.

O.K., what do you think, toe tag & bare scalp?

Hi Catherine

was your scalp bare ?? did you shave your head, except for the top ?

Mentioning hair as part of our outward appearance is a very important point - this and the 'toe tag' both fit with how you are known in the outside world.

Is your outlook on life changing ? Are things changing in the way you live / think about your life ?

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Catherine,
Old doesn't have to be about age. You state that age is not a real concern. It can be about wisdom. Or independence. The man is a masculine aspect. The blurring may signify not being completely aware of this aspect. The toe tag would be your identity. Referring back to my original post, that aspect of your identity may be what is blurred.

Chopping off your hair {cutting} may suggest changes in thinking {hair is a common symbol for the thinking self, intellect, the mental process. If you are the creative type{which would be a natural, desirable aspect} and it is suggested you make changes to how you approach life, or aspects of life, that would be opposite who you are and a need to compromise that independent, and wise self {creative aspect being the superior aspect}. 'Not doing anything to the top' could mean not doing anything that would compromise your deepest principles.

Look at your life Now {I assume the dream is recent} and compare the dream to what is occurring in your waking life. If it fits, then there lies the answer, whatever the dream message may be

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

That makes alot of sence. Thanks for your thoughts. If I have another hair dream, I'll be back! : )

stats from 7-14-10 to the present