Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Series of dreams

Hello all,

After a several weeks pause in having interesting dreams, the last three nights I had a series of dreams in consecutive order:

First night: I am preparing yoghourt with sugar and strawberries as I am expecting guests. But then I move to my bedroom. I see my grandmother (deceased a year ago) packing out boxes from my closet. Grandma, let me help you, I said. I picked a box that seemed familiar to me. I opened it and saw my favorite shoes. But grandma, these are mine! No, she said, these are mine. No, look, I insisted, these are mine! Oh, yes, she said then, seems like they are.

Second night: I am looking at a men on a horse from above at a long distance. The man is riding it at galloping rhythm trying to climb a sharp mountain (it was actually a 90 degree angle!) Their first attempt fails. But at the second they climb to the top.

A vehicle has brought furniture at my house. I approach the boxes and see several types of drinking glasses of different shapes and colors. I like them.

Third night: I am traveling with a colleague and we stop at a farm. The owner is not around but I see a basket with figs and want to buy some. Then I see the owner working on a piece of land, growing flowers. He approached me and gave me a bag full with vegetables like carrots, cabbage, cauliflower and tomatoes. I did not like the price and left the bag.
The road to our destination is curvy and I am also thirsty. The dream ends when we are close to the place of arrival.

Just a few details on current events: In two weeks I will move out of the rented house and get back to living with my parents. Coincidentally my grandmother packed her things several times during her life.

Will appreciate your thoughts,

Thanks a lot,

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Series of dreams

Hi Elona,
I'll take a better look at your dreams in the morning. But a couple of observations/questions about aspects the dreams.

Is there something identifiable that you and grandmother shared, traits, interests, closeness? You seem to wear the same {shoes. Although the dream could be speaking to that deeper self {grandmother as wisdom, experience}. I sense the actual relationship with your grandmother. Since she is cleaning out your closet {a storage place for emotions and attitudes}, perhaps your relationship with her is saying something about yourself. Emotional ties?

You go from something sweet and tantalizing to the bedroom. Freud is always a consideration, but bedrooms are also where you sleep, and dream {unconscious- dreams are about the emotions}.

Your second dream may be focusing on these emotions also. Horses often represent your emotions, as well as the unconscious {from A Dictionary of Dream Symbols by Eric Ackroyd}. But Ackroyd also says a galloping horse could represent ecstasy {because its hardly touches the ground}.
There is definitely a masculine element in the dream. It could well be pointing to a desire to get to the top in some aspect of your life. Or getting to the top may have to do with the closet in the first dream, searching the unconscious. What may important is whatever it is, you failed the first time, but succeeded the second time {there are aways mountains to climb in life-being strong and enduing are masculine aspects of the psyche}.

The 90 degree angle. Triangle? Or another slope on the mountain of life.

Furniture is to a house as is the different aspects/emotions that make up who you are. From Soul Future's Dream Dictionary: A drinking glass may indicate containing your emotions rather than spilling them. But you do like them.
Boxes are like closets. You store things. But they also have 4 sides. Realizing something about yourself, stored away, will bring about wholeness. For Jung 4 represented wholeness and the boxes in your dream 'hold so much' in its possible meaning{s}.

Freud saw anything hollow as a sexual representation of the womb or the vagina.

You have to consider everything. Usually a pattern develops and you begin to recognize that. But dreams are puzzles, and the puzzle is YOU.

I just now read the background info at the bottom of the post. Although your grandmother 'packed her things' many times in her life {was there a reason that she did?}, the fact you both seem to wear the same shoes suggests it is deeper than that. Of course there must be some kind of emotional adjustments in your life, moving back in with your parents. That is not uncommon for your generation. Your dreams reflect your life as it is when you have the dream. And all those experiences that have lead you where you are at this very moment.

I'll look at the third dream, and the first two more thoroughly in the morning.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard,

Many thanks for your reply.

You are so right asking what the things that connect me and my grandmother are. I always saw the same independent character in myself as my grandmother’s. She divorced twice and still lived a quiet and even pleasant life, considering she lived in a strictly traditional period, at least in my country. I liked this part of her: being the head of the house and raising two children alone. She moved from one city to the other since she was born. The same happened to me somehow: I have moved several times from living with my parents, to living with my grandparents and living with my partner and now close to living with my parents again.
Since I am packing right now, because my partner and I cannot afford the rent any longer, I see the grandmother packing, probably symbolizing that she and I take the same route in life. Of course there was a strong emotional tie with her, as she lived with us, but the day I saw her in my dreams, was also the Friday before Easter, which was her favorite day.

You are right to the point with the interpretation of the horse dream: I am working right now on a quite difficult project (a tough mountain to climb) and it all depends on me. It was hard to put together the first part, but I did it. However, I have to see until Friday, if I will really succeed.

“Furniture is to a house as is the different aspects/emotions that make up who you are…
Boxes are like closets. You store things. But they also have 4 sides. Realizing something about yourself, stored away, will bring about wholeness. For Jung 4 represented wholeness and the boxes in your dream 'hold so much' in its possible meaning{s}.” I agree with these interpretations. More and more I look into my emotions and become aware of those. I forgot to add to this dream, that after I received these drinking glasses, I was eager to place them to an obvious place in the room (!)

Thank you for the thoughtful interpretations, Gerard. Looking forward to your further insights.

Best,

Elona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Elona,
Thanks for the feedback. Your description of what is happening in your waking life does seem to match the dream content very accurately. I am often surprised at how some dreams can be so implicit {wearing the same shoes as your grandmother}. It is all about the emotions and Jung has provided a royal road map to understanding how dreams function. Of course it does require that the dreamer have the ability to recognize and match the emotional overtones within the dream to the waking life. There is no doubt you possess those skills.

As for the thirds dream. Farms are where you raise and develop things, grow and prosper. The owner is you and at first you are not there {before realizing certain emotional aspects}. Figs are often seen as being positive growth. You are in the process of doing just that, growing flowers {so your life will bloom}}. But there are aspects of this growth that cost too much {emotionally}. The winding road is the emotional turns in your life. You are thirsty for tranquility and sustained personal growth.

This third dream seems to be advancing your desire to find that wholeness you seek. The drinking glasses are a reflection of that desire {eager to place them to an obvious place in the room}. If you continue to clean out the closets, and open all the boxes, the emotional aspects that lead to wholeness will be realized. It is a long and curvy road and many trials remain {the first Buddhism saying is 'life is full of sorrows'}. The most important thing is you are confronting these emotions and although there are may be times when you wonder if you are progressing, the fact that you are looking inward is positive and will eventually produce fruits for your labor {the farm}. By staying the course, taking one day at a time and remaining focused on your goals, eventually it will all fall into place. Staying positive and focused, even with all the packing, yo are growing and advancing. I believe your grandmother would approve.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dear Gerard,

My eyes are filled with tears on how much sense your interpretation makes. I have no other choice but to follow the path that so rightfully the unconscious has drawn. I am deeply grateful to your contribution in enlighting my journey.

Very best wishes,

Elona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present