Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friend's parents

A couple of nights ago, I had a dream that I was staying with a friend's parents. I have never met this friend's parents and his father passed away 8 years before I met him. I asked his parents how he was doing, but woke up before I got an answer. It's a wierd friendship. We haven't spoken or seen each other since last August. We became friends 3 years ago and had begun to be involved with one another when he got back with his ex-girlfriend. She does not like that we are friends and many times I have asked if our friendship is over, but he says no. So we would email one another and talked on the phone occasionally (which is why I've never met his mom, although I had a dream only about her a few months ago -- Hmm, maybe I should post that one, too). Thanks, Danielle

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40 - Roselle Park, NJ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Nope -- first time

Re: Friend's parents

Danielle,
Since you have never met his parents, the probability is they represent an aspect of your psyche {you are the parents}. Since both are present in the dream there may be an element of balancing involved. The relationship may have lacked a balance to it that you wished for or needed.

You stated that he got back with his ex. Were you more involved with the relationship than he? Perhaps you wish he had put more effort into it, providing a balance.
The parenting aspect may be about you being his parents, perhaps he is not as mature as you expected or he should be. The limit text of the dream doesn't give a lot of room for more of an explanation. Is there more to the dream? If so post that info and it may provide more insights to the dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Please Note:
After a dream has been interpreted, a follow-up response to the interpretation is requested. This will help both the dreamer and the interpreter better understand the dream message. All interpretations are FREE and the only compensation we ask is your participation in the process of understanding your

dream. Thanks for your participation.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks, Gerard. Unfortunately, that is all that the dream was. It was really short. And, yes, I admit I put more into the relationship than he did. Thanks again. When I find my notes about the dream I had about just his mom, I'll post it. Glad I found this forum.

Danielle

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Roselle Park, NJ - 40

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? only this one

I'm kind of curious if there's any meaning to the fact that the dream included his father who has passed on. I just found it odd to be dreaming about someone I'd never met who had passed on. I'm used to dreaming about people I've known in my life who've passed on, but this really struck me as odd.

Thanks again.

Danielle

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40 - Roselle Park, NJ

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Nope -- first time

stats from 7-14-10 to the present