Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jesus dream

Hi I once had a dream I was walking alone a lonely pathway I remember cliffs and old trees along the way and next thing I was falling/sorta flying down a huge like hole and in that hole there were rooms and I was to choose which one I was to go in to, at the very bottom
I remember it was very dark and something demon like was trying to draw me in and another room a level above was an old lady. I wasn't totally afraid of the bottom but I wasn't sure if it would be a safe choice or not or if I could trust the old lady but eventually decided to go to the old lady which turned out okay. She took me into a room that had a corpse of Jesus laying out in the open on something like a closed coffin, I remember she was talking to me as she led me into that room but can't remember what she said and as I touched the Jesus's corpse his clothes changed, later we were sitting at a table with my father and some boy which I felt a connection with talking. I remember she was talking to me like she was passing on some wisdom which I can't remember.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Jesus dream

Could anyone tell me what they think of the above dream?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Peaches,
Sorry no one has provided an interpretation to your dream. All the Forum contributors give of their time voluntarily and when they can. Some days there is too little time to provide a quick response.
I will look at your dream in depth later today and give my thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Peaches,
The lonely pathway you were walking may be alluding to the actual emotional state of being you were experiencing when you had the dream {and which could continue to the present day}. Old trees, cliffs, such language indicates 'feeling low' or even depression {which could be mild to sever}. Falling into a hole could also be a metaphor for such feelings. The bottom of the hole is the deep unconscious where there may be conflicts, which goes to the deepest roots of the emotional self. Dark is a metaphor the unconscious.

Your dream seems to have entered into the world of the collective unconscious.

In the deepest unconscious you will find demons. But will you be drawn in by these unconscious energies?

These are your personal demons, metaphor and not real. Also within the unconscious is the wise self, in your dream the old lady.
There is the matter of trust. This trust is probably having to trust your own self, that wiser self, instinctive/intuitive self.
From what I sense {if there is depression}, you seem to be, for the time being, relying on your instincts, that positive self. You may feel emotionally drained at times, perhaps depressed, but you soldier up to it and go about your life trying to be positive.

The Jesus part may be metaphor for your true self, the divine self, that metaphysical entity that transcends ego and seeks in life the higher Self, positive, perhaps spiritual and/or creative. But this aspect is a corpse, that part of you is not functioning {but it isn't yet in the coffin}. There may be a need to change aspects about yourself, your life {change of clothes}.

I get the impression this dream is addressing your emotional state of mind when you had the dream. Your archetypes of Jesus and the old lady suggests there is much positive attributes to who you are but forces in life may be causing negative experiences, which is emotionally affecting you. Were you depressed when you had the dream? Or going through emotional conflicts that affected your state of mind?

The last part of the dream, about your father and the boy you felt connected to, may merely be masculine aspects being addressed. Your father could also be a wisdom aspect {yin and yang} but may have personal connotations. The boy could be connecting to that aspect that is needed to balance your psyche {depression causes an imbalance}. He could very well be that positive self, or the Jesus 'self'.

What wisdom have you forgotten? The dream may be focusing on a past experience, a negative one that caused depressed emotional feelings. Could it be you were about to repeat a mistake, not using the wisdom you should have learned from?

Let me know your thoughts. Does any of the above fit with your life, when you had the dream?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I see a father son connection here that may be at the root of your spiral downward into depression.

I think Jesus (the son) and the boy and your father is somehow connected.

Is there an issue with your mom? was she absent in some way emotionally, or physically, in your life?
Or do you feel a big rift between what you wsih men would be, and what they are in real life?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Thank you both Gerard and Carlos I need sometime to think over this I'll try to give a better reply tomorrow. But will say I do have problems with my father.

well, if you want to email me and keep it private, rather than post the issue with your father, feel free to do so.

thank you for your feedback.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hi Gerard thank you for your dream interpretation Alot
of it makes sense I have gotten depressed every so often , I can't really remember if at that time which could very well have been and the jesus and old lady figures make sense as does about the boy being something connected to me. But am not sure about my father.
peaches

Carlos thank you very much for your interpretation
I'm not sure what you mean about jesus and my father plus are connected could you explain this better. My mother has pretty much always been there for me though there are stuff I don't fell like to talking to her about like spiritual stuff as her view is kinda than mine. As for my father it's kinda hard to explain I always feel like he is right knows whats best no one can disagree with him he manipulate peoples into agreeing with him etc the way he treats my mother having her to do his dirty work so to speak etc I know he's not perfect but he pretty much shows what I don't want man and I guess kinda a fear about men . now I don't know if this has anything to do with the dream or not and hope I didn't get to personal.
peaches

you may have answered your own question already with your description of your mom and dad.

Jesus is also a law giver, a person that organizes your view of the world, a figure of authority etc, much like your father is. YOur father takes that role in this earthly life; Jesus in both this life and the spiritiual. Jesus is also seen as someone that is always right.

you may feel you need to get in touch with some aspect of your father; or put somethings on the table with your father. And that doing so would change something, some outward appearence or some manner of guarding against the potential calamities of life; or maybe even change somethings in your father.

THe boy may be a rebirth of a new relation to these new aspects in you, the new relation to your father if you make the connection with your father or what he represents.

you are cautious about this, though. Or it could be that the lady you initially don't know what to think about represents mom, and how you don't quite see things her way on spiritual matters.

somehow this is translating into your caution on spiritual and earthly matters because she accepts those things you don't find appealing about your father. .

stats from 7-14-10 to the present