Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Black Dog Blue Flowers

I don't dream that much these days, but last night I had one that just begs for interpretation. Thanks for your time.

I was with some friends at one of their parents house. The Fathers name is Peter, I don't know anyone else's name. They were all going away for the weekend and I was going to housesit. At times it seemed like Nancy (old friend) was there with me and at times she wasn't. There are details about the house that at the time I/we thought were really cool. Then Gail, George and Justin were there. (These are three friends that live in a place far away that am thinking of moving to. Huge life change.) They were staying nearby and I was going to follow them after I straightened up the house. The house alternately became really messy and not so bad. George and Justin left and as I was seeing Gail out we were trying to keep the animals in the house. Seems like there were two dogs and a cat, but when I went to the door with Gail, there was another black dog, who was not one of the family dogs. There may have been other strange dogs with this particular dog too. Gail was trying to either get the black dog to go away or come in when I realized that this dog was not only strange, but very unfriendly. Maybe even malevolent. I said to Gail, Come in Come in! She seemed unconcerned but came in and I was very nervous about going outside. Gail wouldn't wait for me to finish whatever it was I needed to because her mother was expecting her. We went back to the door and looked at the dog who had grown even bigger now had a carpet of tall blue flowers growing all over his broad and kind of flat back. They were like electric blue poppies. He seemed to be daring us to come out. Then something in the distance caught the dog's attention and he ran off into the distance with his blue flowers waving. Gail left and then the dream changed. Same situation but a different house, sort of. Though at first I was still trying to get my chores done and go to where Gail, George and Justin were.

The second half of the dream the house is suddenly full of people, but it is people who know the family and though I wish they weren't there, it's ok. They are all having a good time playing cards and laughing. Then a woman comes in who is trying to pass herself off as a friend, but I recognize her and see her for an imposter. We circle round each other, she is wearing a hat with tassles all around the brim and is looking at me through them. I ask her three times what the name of the Father is, but she does not know. I then ask some of the other people to remove her. Then I am outside and someone mentions a tree sitter. I ask why we would need a tree sitter, no one is cutting down any trees. Just then a truck pulls up and two men get out and carry a big condemned sign over to a huge Elm tree in a neighbor's yard. They say the tree has to come down because it did not flower that year. I am standing with the daughter of a friend and we hug till the sadness passes. The family and my friends come home and I tell them they have a tree sitter which seems to annoy them, but they are happy with the housesitting job I have done. I feel somehow sort of let down though, like big things have happened and they are still living in the mundane world.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Black Dog Blue Flowers

Lios,
There seems to be a lot personal associations in your dream that only you will be able to translate. But the jest of the dream seems to be addressing the possible changes you are contemplating {place far away you are moving to}. But there may be indecision or apprehension about such a move. You may be analyzing your current situation and pondering whether it is so bad. The dog may represent adaptability to the new situation you are considering. It may also represent those masculine qualities that will be needed to adapt. The flowers growing on the dogs back {this may be your unconscious} could signal that unconsciously you see the benefits as well as the difficulties in this decision {flowers represent new growth, positive growth}. The changing house would be the changing you {the house is you}. There is work {emotional?} to be done before you can be comfortable with such changes.

The second part of the dream looks to be signaling perhaps you are up to the challenge. The woman trying to pass herself off as someone else would be a part of you. Perhaps it is an indication that your true, deepest feelings is what you need to listen to. You are quizzing yourself about the changes. And it looks as if your present situation {where you are now, before the changes} are not up to what you expect {no flowers growing}. There will be sadness with any changes you make but the mundane world you are living in may not be what you are looking for. As long as you sit in this house, the chances you have for change may be evaporating.

Does this make sense to your current situation?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Gerard,
You have indeed hit upon some very salient points. I thought that the dog for sure must be representing some of my fears about my possible/impending life change since it was so closely connected with people who will be playing a major role if/when the move does take place. Clarifying the possible meaning of the flowers is comforting.
Seeing the house as representing my current situation, the house as "where I am living now" makes a lot of sense too. Time to get my house in order....
The "impostor woman" as a part of myself is something I hadn't considered, but also makes sense. She could very well represent a part of me that needs to be shown the door before any positive changes can be made. The connection between the Elm tree not flowering,(my situation now), but the wealth of lovely flowers on the dog's back, though frightening has vivid promise and does speak to the hard work it will take to make the right changes happen

Thank you so much, this gives me some "concrete symbology" to ponder.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Lios,
I am delighted that I was able to help you understand the possibilities of the dream. But the real credit goes to you for being able to put it all together and understand where the metaphors fit in your personal life. Awareness of where you are in life is a most valuable asset and to be able to understand the associations says a lot about you and the possibilities for the future. I believe there will be many positive results for any endeavors you decide to pursue because if that awareness.
Let me instill a subliminal message for future dreams. Blossoming flowers will be an indication that you have arrived at that place you wish to be in life. You will have met the challenge by being yourself and not the imposter. Let's hope that is soon.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present