Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
O_O Flying rafts and raccoon toys in tubes?

Today I woke up from a really weird dream. In the dream I was flying on this floating raft up in the sky with some sort of tube on it. My brother was with me on the same flying contraption. Sometimes we would take an unfamiliar raccoon plush, stick it through the tube, and then chant some freaky flight chant while pushing it to the ground. The only one I remember was where we would chant "I'm an owlet,owlet, I am an owlet, HOOT" and then push the plush toy to the ground. Some flew for a few feet, but the owlet chant always resulted in failure.

Interpretations anyone?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 12, US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Nope

Re: O_O Flying rafts and raccoon toys in tubes?

Please tell me what you think it might mean; it's really weird. By now it's normal for me to have weird dreams like this because I've never had a nightmare, good dream, premonitional dream, or dream about the past in my life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 12, US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Nope

Re: O_O Flying rafts and raccoon toys in tubes?

Emily,
Not ever having had a premonition dream, nightmares, or dreams about your past wouldn't be unusual for someone your age {12}. You are still very much in your formative years and your dreams will tend to focus on current waking life experiences. You are building personality and ego and at 12, if you haven't ever had traumatic experiences in life {such as abuse, witnessing something traumatic, living a neglected childhood etc.} then your dreams could be just mundane and unordinary. As for having good dreams, every dream is good if you remember them and think about they mean. That is why you do dream, it makes you think, about yourself, life, and by thinking about things you will tend to be able to resolve conflicts you come across in your life. When you get older there will be many conflicts, emotional, personal and physical, and dreams will reflect that.

As for premonition dreams, dreams do not tend to predict future events as in plane crashes or what will happen at school tomorrow. But there are those dreams that Jung called Precognitive Dreams. Jung called these dreams premonitions or synchronistic experiences. Most people don't have these dreams on a regular basis. I believe these dreams come more often to those who possess extra-ordinary intuitive senses. But anyone can have such dreams and if you are very intuitive and seek to develop psyche abilities you may have them more often.

Be thankful you don't have nightmares. Most often such dreams are warning signs of internal emotional conflicts that need to be resolve {which dreams try to do while you sleep}. If at 12 your life has been OK then you should not have nightmares. One on a rare occasion one may come about but having nightmares regularly signifies deep emotional conflicts.

As for your dream. Since your dreams are probably more about personal things in life, experiences you have during your waking hours, then it will be hard to say for sure what your dream is trying to communicate. If you were older then there would be more discernible patterns an informed interpreter of dreams would recognize, patterns beyond personal day times experiences. I suggest you look at the dream dictionaries and see what the symbols may represent {floating, flying, raft, sky, owl, tube, etc.}. Since your brother appears in the dream you may want to look back at the past several days and see what experiences you and he shared that may fit with the dream {he is on the same flying contraption-what contraption in your waking life could that be?}.

What is an owlet and what does an owlet mean, to you? The word HOOT is capitalised and that may mean something. Is it a word you heard or in some way was associated with recently {perhaps you saw a TV show about owls}. See hoot in the dream dictionary and see where it might fit in your daily life, if at all.

I must say Emily I am impressed that you are so interested in dreams at such an early age. Being able to understand your dreams will be of great benefit throughout your life. And it says a lot about your intuitive intelligence just by showing such an interest. I know a lot of the language Jung uses is still beyond the comprehension of a 12 year old {most adults also} but if you do easily remember your dreams and learn to interpret them, you will probably be naturally drawn to the subject of dreams and the psyche.

Something that may interest you is personality types. Introvert, extrovert, those are Jungian terminology. I have a page on personality types that may help you better understand the importance of personality.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: O_O Flying rafts and raccoon toys in tubes?

Hi Emily

weird ? who says ,,, these are your dreams, own them, they are a part of you, admire them, admire their creativity, they arise from within you. Isn't that wild ?

Each dream is unique; unique in its symbols and in its meaning.
Learn the language of your dream, it is a secret and forgotten language. Few speak it now. Many people even deny their own dreams - how sad.

So for now, fly Emily, use the chants given by yourself to yourself. Be a really great creative monkey.

All the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present