Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
please tell me what this means

My future mother-in-law had died suddenly in her bed two weeks ago. She passed suddenly in her sleep and her sons and I were there when she passed. Her funeral was two days ago. I had a dream that the family dug up her casket and left it in someone’s backyard as if a viewing was still going on. She didn't look the way she did at the funeral. In fact, she looked more like herself and was wearing different clothes. Her skin color was a little greyish though. Everyone was standing around talking while her sons and I were looking at the casket. Later on in my dream, my fiancé and I were mad because they dug up her casket. I realized then that I was in my old room at my mother's house and he was looking out of my window. I walk over to the window to him and seen her casket. It was partially open to see her holding white flowers. Her casket was facing in the opposite direction so I couldn’t see her face. Then I looked again and somehow her body was sliding out of the casket and onto the ground. I walked out the room and noticed that my fiance's family was in the house, talking amongst each other. I walk back into the room to see my fiancé with a fishing pole, trying to put her back into the casket. I glance out the window to see her dangling in front of the window with the same white flowers. I quickly walked out and I was thinking, "isn't it against the law to have a dead body just sitting there?" I figured I'm having this dream because I miss her so much and our relationship were just blossoming until she passed.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: please tell me what this means

Jackie,
Was there some type of conflict with your deceased mother-in-law? {You mentioned that the relationship was just beginning to blossom}. Digging up her casket may represent digging up conflicts, something you had begun to put behind you when she died. You may be agonizing over the negative aspects of the relationship and may feel guilty over past experiences with her. Or it may involve what others have thought or said about the relationship. The positive changes in the relationship {casket facing in opposite direction} may have overshadowed the negatives. The unconscious guilt may be what is prompting this dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: please tell me what this means

you might feel a little guilty about the relationship you had with her, and also fear that some of her relatives may not be putting this to rest.

I think if you knew they truly were forgiving of you, you would feel better about yourself and your relationship.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 bronx ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present