Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sacrifice

Many memorable dreams of late. Last week I dreamt that I was a soldier on the front line of an army in the middle of a battle field. I'd say the time frame was 18th century. My comrades and I were facing the front line of the opposing army (in blue coats), waiting for a signal to either attack or retreat. The signal was given for both armies to retreat, but my comrade on the right, in his excitement, stabbed the blue coat in front of him in the stomach, killing him. With much tension, everyone waited to see what would happen; finally both armies began to retreat. For some reason, my comrade and I turned around and saw that the blue army was following us. One of the soldiers said "A life for a life". I said that they could shoot me, but suggested a wager that they agreed to: if they should shoot and kill me, I would pay out 500 guineas - however, if they should fail to kill me, they would pay me 500 guineas. The blue army backed up and their best shooter came forward. This person was a woman (or turned into one). All of the blue coats were standing there smugly, as if they knew they would win the bet. She had a cross-bow (that had been a musket) and as she was drawing up the bow, she prematurely released the arrow, which landed in my left thigh. I was not at all afraid of being shot, and previous to the flight of the arrow, I had been standing with my arms and legs spread wide, waiting. I felt the impact of the arrow - for it was quite strong and suprised me - but it didn't hurt in any way. My comrade and I then walked up to the blue coat line and I pulled the arrow out of my thigh and threw it on the ground and said "You owe me 500 guineas". They paid me, and my comrade and I walked away to join the rest of our army. As we walked back, he said to me "You were very lucky today". I replied "You are only lucky until you are not". I recall being very calm when I said this. And then I woke up. I felt good when I awoke because I was not afraid of death or resigned to it (as I had been in recent, previous dreams).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Austin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Sacrifice

Renee,
What conflicts in your life are you now experiencing? The dream seems to be addressing such a conflict where there are evenly matched sides willing to bet they will win. If you will look at the dream and some of the actions you may recognize similarities to real waking life conflicts. It may have to do with internal conflicts as much as external since the opposing army's 'best shooter' turned into a woman {yourself}. Whatever the conflicts you seem to have weathered them well and may have come out ahead.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for your help Gerard--

The major conflict in my life has been going forward: holding on to past connections (childhood, parents, strategies that no longer work) and needing to grow away from these (take care of myself) - and resisting this growth.

Earlier this year I had gone through a period of great fear and anxiety and I didn't know if I could survive this on my own (without significant intervention from parents, my partner, doctors, etc.). During this period, I had a couple of dreams where I knew I was going to die imminently (that it was somehow a foregone conclusion). I was resigned to this, but then each time at the last moment, I decided that I didn't have to die (nor want to die) and managed to escape.

I am no longer in this intense fear/anxiety period and I see this current dream as me facing my fears - fearlessly. It's interesting that the person who shoots me is a woman and that my comrade is a male. I wondered if the comrade is my animus who gets me in trouble and who in this dream is willing to stand aside and let the anima (me in the dream) take over. I had not thought of the female shooter as me (looked kind of like Helen Miren!), but that makes sense too. I had a bow and arrow set as a child and used to practice shooting every chance I had.

Perhaps I see here that the enemy is myself (my childhood self) and that this self can not hurt me though it may try to frighten me. Also, I see this dream as telling me to trust the anima -- I have always identified myself more with the animus, but have lately felt a strong need to get in touch with my emotional, intuitive, aspect. The wagering is also interesting. I don't remember feeling one way or another about it. I wasn't scared I'd lose or confident I would win. I just didn't feel like anything bad would happen to me. I felt free

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Austin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Renee,
You seem to have a good grasp of your dreams and where they fit in your waking life. The feelings and emotions you have from a dream are important. I believe the statement in the dream "You are only lucky until you are not" says a lot about how you are addressing those inner conflicts; with confidence and logic. The fact you felt good upon awakening from the dream probably demonstrates how you feel about yourself. Those 'good' feelings come from the inner search and self discovery, and being able to confidently and logically confront those negatives in your life.

You may not realize {but you do seem to know} but you are participating in a self analyzation, what Jung called the Individuation Process. It is a great tool for those seeking inner strength and answers that come up at mid-life. You are on the right track.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present