Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
killing old lions

I dreamt recently I was dressed as a gladiator. I was alone in a Roman Circus armed only with a wooden pole. Then some lions were released. They were circling me. They seemed old and sluggish yet dangerous. One by one I killed them by driving my pole into their bodies forcefully. Finally they were all dead. Although gruesome, this dream felt positive and envigorating.

My personal situation is quite stressful, being a recent father of twins, which is a dramatic life change for me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, the netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: killing old lions

graoh,
There are several possibilities to what your dream may be trying to addressing. The stressful situation of the changes in your life, the responsibilities of being a father, husband, provider, those are gladiator type experiences. Trying to keep the family whole {circle} and safe in a dangerous world. With experience you learn to better take on the challenges {the opposition becomes old and sluggish, but still dangerous if you are on constant guard - stress}. Eventually life settles in and confidence grows.

The way you felt when you awoke says a lot about the dream. Positive, even with the negatives of life.

Lions are often symbolic of the masculine. Or a test of strength.

But that doesn't explain the pole. It could have personal connotations, something personal no one else knows about. It could fit very well with that. You would probably recognize any associations if given thought, and if applicable.

Poles often have sexual connotations. Driving my pole into their bodies could be reinforcing that possibility. It could be addressing virility aspects/conflicts. Being in the prime of mid-life, and with a family later in life, perhaps you are 'full' of yourself, a gladiator, masculine warrior. Or because of the stress it is the opposite, a need to still prove yourself. It is common for someone your age. Of course all the symbols must be addressed to understand what else the dream may be pointing to {if indeed they fit with your life}. The circling may be addressing a need to be whole again.

Of course poles could be, poles, a weapon. If the scenario plays to script {Roman gladiator killing lions} the poles could be spears. Again personal connotations will often add flavor to dreams blurring actions that should fit neatly. Dreams seldom do that. Many things must be considered when interpreting dreams competently. The dream felt positive and invigorating. Where in your life of recent has that occurred?

Take the above and see if fits somewhere. It could be a simple stress dream combined with a positive self attitude. It could be addressing deeper issues. Mid-life changes and issues are given more thought {a natural aspect}, introspection becomes part of life.
Let me know your thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: killing old lions

i was surprised about the 'circle' symbol representing the family. That sounds about right

the agression of me towards the lions could indicate my resentment of my parents, which i have unresolved issues with since childhood (who hasnt ?)
The lion would be the mother-lion than.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present