Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
leech

Hi all,

I dreamt I opened an attic window, while an older petite blond thin woman in a flowered dress stood behind me.

as soon as i opened the window, a thick black leech came in and attached itself under the skin of my right hand.

I grabbed at it and tried to take it out, but it borrowed itself deep and I feared it would enter my blood stream and I would die of infection.

and the part that i thought i took out splintered into tiny pieces and kept reappearing in different parts of my hand....like those magic candles that you blow out but never really go out...

it was horrible. I think something else happened, will have to check my dream journal later but those are the essentials.

what stands out about the leech was its very black color. like the hair color of a new friend i just met who i feel uncomfortable with, and who was introduced to me by a petite older woman...(but don't let that influence the dream interpretation please.)

thanks so much
May
p.s. in light of the difficulty I have been having with identity dreams this is a rather strange turn of events....

Re: leech

Hi May

Each person in a dream symolises an aspect of the dreamer, females typically represent our feeling/ emotional selves, Hair is characteristic of power and the colour blonde can represent a light spiritual power. This woman is older 'wiser', as a youger a person represents the more immature aspects of self. the fact that she is stood behind would suggest that you are unconscious of this wiser spiritual power of self.

The attic can be a place where we store things from the past, ie past experiences, Was there a reason you opened a window in the attic, pending on this it could mean that you are opening a window to this part of self and what comes in is a leech a black one, black tends to denote fear and your response to this leech is to fear your going to die. This underlying fear in your life seems to be draining you, draining your life force, familiarising yourself more with these feelings of fear that overwhelm you, as being fearful that you are going to die suggests The I the ego personality is going to die as a consequence of these fears, this is your real fear again to do with losing your identity.

Your more lighter 'petite' wiser self remains behind you unconscius, the dream suggesting that getting to konow this part of yourself will help you.

As mentionning in your earlier dream 'fake identity' doing some journal work may help you unlock some of these deeper feelings/fears looking at the situaltion in your life with the person youve just met recently whom you feel uncomfortable with may indicate where you are giving your power away, asking yourself what about her makes you feel uncomfortable may unearth any hidden fears that are leeching on you and may be fears that are generated within from past experiences, that you have just recently opened a window on.

This is just my perspective take from it what feels right from it.

best of luck to you
Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Hi there again another thought that just occured to me, is not only is the dream suggesting to get in touch with that more wiser femnine part of self but maybe that your fears are based in part of acting out from your more powerful/wiser feminine self.

how do you relate to others, do you go along with what people say, have trouble saying no, and voicing your own personal power, these feelings can splinter overtime multiplying as one bounces from one situation to the next draining you and sucking your life force. Others in our life that we meet often trigger these deeper ways of relating over and over again until we learn the lessons. Our world acts as a mirror and it is the smybolic wiser self in your life that has introduced you to a girl with dark hair like the leech, no coincidence Jung would of said, does she trigger your sense of fears about self in the process relegating your personal power to the back of you.

just some ideas thrown in I might be completly of cue as all dream interpretation is very personal and ultimately only the dreamer can really know ones dreams.

good luck Marce

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Wow Marce,

You are spot on. Your interpretation was perfect and tied together all the issues of identity, personal power, finding my femininity, and my fears. Wow. You are exactly right on so get rid of any concerns about being off! Thank you! You gave me a lot to think about and work on and will do!
Again, wow and thanks!
May
p.s. the woman standing behind me had short hair as did the friend who introduced me to the new acquaintence and I wasn't even away of my survival fears, in my journal I actually wrote I was afraid the leech would suck away my blood and I would die of anemia. so much to think about!

Re: Re: leech

Hi May

Marce has offered a great interpretation, and this has clearly hit the mark, giving you lots to think about ,,,

Yes the leech - something that is sucking /leeching your life force ,,, what about the site - in the palm,,, is reminded me of the wounds of Christ - being nailed to the cross. Is there a matyr aspect to this?

There must be some shadow aspect, the black colour.
And something that you don't consciously feel - we don't feel the bite of the leech.

Lots of grist for the mill

All the best to you
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thankyou for the feed back May im glad it rang a bell for you, good luck with unravelling your fears.
Justin also gave some valuable input in relation to the site where the leech attached itself, an avenue worth exploring.

all the best Marce

Hi Justin and Marce,

Thank you for your great input.
Yes, the site is my right hand, right in the palm...I do a lot of writing and typing daily so this is the first association that came to my mind. I'm struggling with my academic programs and with the financial aspect as well....but I think my dream is telling me there is more to it than that...especially as I didn't feel the bite.

Thank you again!
May

Re: Re: leech

the blood sucking leech ,,,,,

the right side - the side of domination, control, (you are right- handed),,,, and the hand that satifies the patriarchal value system that you are plugged into - a bit like the leech plugs into us ! Painlessly sucking the life out of us !

Out hands ,,, the expression of your selves / Selves inot the world ...

wishing you the best !
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present