Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recuring dream at least 2 or 3 times a week, what could it mean?

there i stand on top of a mountain of a sort, green feilds in 3 direction and in the forth a lake as far as the eye can see. from this lake raises a light green and cyan dragon great and expansive, huge wings. it raises up but not flying that i can tell, then glides over to me land about 20 to 30 yards in from of me, bows his head to me. the earth begans to shake but for some reason i do not fell fear, it all flashes
in color then two people come to me i dont think that i have never met them, a young women about 25-30, long brown hair, green eyes, intoxicatating beuty, the second a young boy, of the age about 8-9,
blonde hair blue eyes. i do believe this to be her son but not a word is ever spoken, behind me raises the dragon, wraps his wings around me and them then i wake up. it never goes no father than that, and i
always wake up at that point. i have tried to prolong the dream, and to speak durning the dream but it always ends in failure. I have practice dream control and can take control of my dreams with ease, i know when im dreaming as well. For some reason i can not control this dream, and i have had this dream a lot; for about 2-3 years always the same thing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, nc, usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? nope

Re: recuring dream at least 2 or 3 times a week, what could it mean?

Alivash,
I am not sure if a 'normal' Jungian interpretation would be of much value if you have control over your dreams. I don't delve much into that aspect of dreaming, lucid dreaming. If dreams are going to be of real therapeutic value, which I believe is a primary function of dreams, then total control of dreams may hinder that function. I do believe you can participate in dreams in certain circumstances but that would take real practice {I sure you know that if you have giving a lot of time to it}. Perhaps I'll find time as Jung did late in his life to study the possibilities of lucid dreaming. At the present I am more engaged in the 'intuitive' aspects of the psyche, and when interpreting dreams I focus on that to compensate the symbols and metaphors. Recognizing patterns through the symbols and metaphors, reading the dream. With Jung as the guide {Jungian psychology} we {myself and those who contribute to the Dream Forum} provide very good insights to what many dreams may mean.

Your age is something that needs to be considered also. Younger people dreams often focus more on the outer whereas older people's dreams tend to confront the outer and explore the inner. Many who are at that mid-life stage {midlife-crisis?}
become interested in their dreams, it becomes a part of that inner search {Jung believed in the spiritual aspect of the psyche - I tend to agree}.

A question that is important. What is your impression of dragons? Is it positive or negative?

Perhaps by looking at your waking life and comparing the dragon metaphor {positive or negative}, what is it you keep trying to do but it always fails? You have had the dreams for 2-3 years. Look back to that time and prior to it and see if there is a connection.

Where you stand in the dream often says a lot about where you stand in life. Or some important aspect of your life. On a top of a mountain, green fields, and a lake as far as the eye can see, are very positive. So the dragon metaphor becomes very important as where to look next. The earth, a powerful symbol, at least for those of us who believe in her power the feminine. There does seem to be a very powerful feminine element to the dream {a young women about 25-30, long brown hair, green eyes, intoxicating beauty}.

The young boy. Perhaps you? Behind me raises the dragon, wraps his wings around me and them then. Not just you but all three, of you.

Are you a spiritual person? If so the symbols suggest something more than just a religion. Patriarchal systems reject the feminine power. But unconsciously 'SHE' is an important aspect of the psyche. More so than the masculine {Jesus lived out of the feminine}. Eastern philosophies recognize her power. Do you have control or even contact with your 'feminine' Self?

Let me know your thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Alivash

Too much control perhaps ??? are you listening to the dream ? or are you trying to milk it? squeeze out what the dream is trying to tell you ,,, the FACT that the dream is recurring must tell you that you are not getting the message of the dream.
I often wonder that when we wake up 'during' a dream, then either i) we need to remember the dream or ii) we bail out, we are not ready or able to handle the rest of the message ,,, a bit like hanging up on the telephone if the message of the caller is 'too much'.

Perhaps look for the following traits in your waking life:
- trying to prolong things ,,,,
- trying to speak and not being heard; is that what you meant by 'failure' ,,, what is this failure.
- the role of control in your life, and how 'good' you think you are at it

Are you prepared just to listen?

Good luck
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

they way that i see dragons is both mystical and powerful beast, but i look at the positively, regelion really dont play a big part in my life, i have looked as a few different relgions but none that i can say really strike home with me, dont get me wrong i do believe that most relgions have good points that humanity should be. on a different note though i trained my mind when i was young to be able to control my dreams because i would have nightmares all the time i guess it was a way to face my fears. most dream that i have i have like once or twice and thats kool with me, i just let them play out, but the reason i wrote this iv never heard of anybody having the excact dream so many times. usally when i have this dream it takes up the whole night while when i dont have this dreams i can remember anywhere from 5-8 dreams a night in detail, im sure theres some that i cant remember. but if the women is my feminine side and say the child was say my inner child, and me as myself, being wrapped by this powerful beast, could that resperent some sort of mental block that my physci is trying to hide from me? or could it be something more? most dreams i get some from this one but i guess that im completely missing the point on this one or on the rare occanision, maybe this dream is just a dream, get back with me

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Re: recuring dream at least 2 or 3 times a week, what could it mean?

Hi Alivash

I can understand what you mean better now - about what you mean by control ,,, and why. Perhaps another word would be suppression - and this is a means of defence and is not really a way of facing fears.

The fact that you had nightmares al thie time in childhood tells me there was something going on for you at that time ,,, likely something that your conscious mind could not process or cope with. I had this too - the same nightmare would repeat and repeat. A space of about forty years and I have been able to revisit that dream ,,, even now I can intellectually know what it means but I cannot access the issues from which it arose. I controlled the dream, I suppressed it. I refused to have it - and in doing so I shut down a part of me. As a kid it was a matte of my survival and I obviously didn't feel safe enough in my environment to express whatever it was that was going on for me.

Religion - don't confuse this with spirituality ,,, religion is the politics of spirituality

Dragons ,,,, this is you my friend ,,, look at the similarity to your name and your email address - so as cool as you may appear ,,, you are firey hot ,, you are the a dragon - can you handle that ?

I am sure there will be lots more for you on this - if you let it surface

wow
JC

thank you in sence that u have not gave me the answears that i wanted but u opened my mind to more possibilities than i allowed myself to relieze. as for my screen name it was given to me as a nickname for a dear friend, i have came across 2 translations, first is beloved dragon gaurdian and the second the honored dragon, i would ask this person what it meant be she got in to a car wreck and died 7 days after she gave it to me, i keep it for the honor of her memory. may u go with this "tunvirk unso everu temro", which basically means may u go where u wish in this life, and thank you again

Re: Re: recuring dream at least 2 or 3 times a week, what could it mean?

thanks you for your candid reply and your honesty to yourself - it seems like you are earning those dragon wings - and what a gift your friend gave you - never to be forgotten eh?
Be a bloody great dragon - the world needs you.

namaste
(I bow to that which is within you, that is within me)
JC

stats from 7-14-10 to the present