Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Double Helix?

In a dream I had the other night, there was this thing on a stage that I was on that looked like this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/art1st4786/Thingfromdream.jpg . It took up about a third of the stage and it was lying on the floor of it. In the dream, I felt compelled to walk toward it with my right hand reaching out toward it. I was walking toward the center of it.

My boyfriend said that it looked like a double-helix. What does this symbolize in a dream?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Double Helix?

Liz,
Here is the symbol for others to view

I scaled it down so to better fit the page.

I'm not sure exacty what it is but it doesn't seem to be a helix. But if you place the top portion {in yellow} into the top frame of the bottom image it would fit perfectly. The top portion {in yellow} looks to me like an image of an eagle

or

The bottom image looks like as if it is standing on two 'legs'. Although the image may have archetypal properties, it may also be fitted to your personal life. That is what dreams are about, your personal life.

Look at the eagle definition in the Dream Dictionaries

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Double Helix?

Gerard,

Thank you for taking time to look at and help me figure out what that symbol in my dream meant. I'm still working on interpreting the dream, but at least you pointed me in the right direction. Thank you very much.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Re: Double Helix?

Hi Liz

this symbol could represent 'The Grail' ,,, so maybe look into this myth ,,,, as a learning.
it could also represent the body's energy system ,,, there is a constriction in the mid-zone ,,, the diaphram ,,, and the 'bird-like' image above is the spirit ,,,,

DNA link ?? this is the foundation of life ,, the 'code' for life as we know it ,,, our blueprint

Your thoughts ?
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present