Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
observed snakes in lucid dream

I was walking in a backyard full of lush green grass when suddenly I noticed two very long white snakes. I couldn't see there heads or tails so I walked around the corner to see, they were very long , about one hundred feet but what i notieced first was these two white snakes were slowly moving in one direction, so I went towards the direction they were moving. As I was heading towards there heads, I noticed a green snake between them. It wasn't as long because i noticed it's head was about half of the length of the two white snakes(half of the visible length of the white snakes ,in the middle, was the green snakes head) , but it was headed in the opposite direction. I saw its head but did not see the head or tails of the white snakes, with my recognition and amazement at this , I awoke. My reaction was curiosity, not fear. I was trying to discover how long they were. There was no fear only amazement. I was then aware of the dream(lucid) and awoke.

I feel I am in transition in my life. starting back to work very shortly(somewhat pressured to find work). There is a lot of discourse in my family. Living with Grandma, sister,brother and grand-daughter in house niece and boyfriend in rv in driveway. I feel the pressure. I havent been dreaming lately but this dream was very colorful and lucid. I have been awakened I believe, and as background, when I was young (now 48) between 6-late teens I always had chase dreams hiding in debris until found and running and hiding until found by an ominous and scary object never in sight. then I went through a stage of no dreams .about ten yrs. then I had tremendously sexual dreams for about ten years. Since I was young, I have been able to close my eyes and see purple. This is and was always comforting albeit not known why , but the comfort helped. This started in my teens after severe migraines until then. they suddenly stopped when I left home and got married. about two months ago my purple left me and i felt scared. It has since returned but is not as available as it used to be(just the thought of it brought it to sight in my minds eye)but I now have to focus to attain my purple "state". To describe it I would say it is in light waves that move and expand in a layering type of manner. please help this transition is getting more frustrating for me...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 central california

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: observed snakes in lucid dream

Mark,
Thank you for including personal information with your dream. A few thoughts about your dream follow.

Insight in, white/lack of color lacking life, green/color life energy/creativity, balance comes from within rather than without, being energetic. The transition may include to come out of yourself by keeping it simple, vanilla. The inner Self can lead the way – finding direction. This may be about remaining open and alert rather than actively seeking during this transition. This could allow you to see the ‘best’ opportunity or mode where you normally would not. It may appear lesser but could actually lead to growth, balance. While it may not appear to fit your current needs it may lend support to future growth and or needs. A building block or platform so to speak as transition occurs gradually in successive stages or steps.

Please respond with your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thank you, Kathy, for your insightful response. My reasoning for seeking help with this dream was because it is the first symbolic dream I seem to have remembered in a long time,perhaps ten years. There were a few more details which seem to be clearer to me now. The snakes (two white) were going around a corner as I followed there length before the green suddenly appeaars between them. As I reflect back on the images, I see the skin of the first two(white) were wrinkled (perhaps shedding?, or perhaps a slight movement which drew my attention to them again allowing me to see the appearance of the green shorter snake), but the green was shiny ,almost emerald glitter.They never appeared to coil or strike/bite. So forward to the insight: transitional inner self leading to direction by remaining alert and open, rather than actively seeking. This mode could allow for best opportunity to meet current needs despite its lack of appearance on a conscious level.Also, it provides insight towards a more level-headed, succesive type pattern which would be a more stepped and gradual growth. Am I reading your insight properly?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Mark,
Thank you for responding and providing additional thoughts on your dream. Yes, that's it.

Perhaps during this transition change or shedding an old skin occurs at an unconscious level. Subtle yet moving in the desired direction. As you near 'turning the corner' conscious awareness of this new development and the true nature of Psyche/inner Self comes about.

Through personal experience I have found to be conscious of desiring change, of working to effect change, yet conscious lags awareness of the actual change point. Almost an incubation period of 'living it' before ego/persona realizes it. Perhaps a necessary cushion or mechanism for ego acceptance?

While mulling symbology of two white snakes highway lines (two parallel white lines) came to mind. And an equal sign. This with the lush green grass and emerald green snake bring journey and path of the true inner Self to mind. Does two white parallel lines have personal meaning to you? Perhaps some symbol in your life or profession?

You mention ten years of dreams lacking depth symbology. What over the past ten years has prevented or occupied conscious that would hinder or interfere with your personal Journey? What was the primary focus of conscius attention during this period?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Kathy, thank you again for your insightful postings. In response I feel the two parallel lines represent a duality I have been walking through life in, that is, two approaches to a progression of my existence. Perhaps these dual lines could be about my profession (residential electrician), but more than likely it could be the change in life itself.I was divorced eight (8) yrs ago, had a mother who went through dementia, and was abandoned/discarded by adopted family. Then I was integrated into a family completely different( a long lost blood sister, whom I met at my adopted mom's house as an assistant to caring for her needs...(this is a long part of my story which will take some depth to discuss)this difference has been pronounced.i was using marijuana during the early part of that period to cope, but was able to stop quite suddenly with concious effort. Occasionally I use alcohol since, but it is hard with my sister's husband in the family(40 yrs in aa program). I am able to maintain minimal usage(relaxation purposes only) despite the knowledge of alcohol progression forwarned by my brother-in-law. I seem to be in control of my usage, but realize abstinence from all usage(not dependency) is most likely the appropriate path. A little about the family situation. My discovered sister has the same mom we have different fathers. I was adopted by my father's family she was adopted by another(the train adoption thing). Our mother was an inmate in jail when she was born,but by the time I came to be, she was a coyote (this is a person of resource who moves illegal items , i.e. bootlegger drug dealer whatever was being bought at the time.)She is a mexican woman with seven children with seven fathers of those children. I came later (child number 5).this is a lot for one discourse so I will stop at this point.Thank you again for your insight and compassion.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present