Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Darkness, Down then up stairs, known & unknown males

Hi you guys, Haven't posted in a while - last was speaking w/Kathy, going thru rough time w/business, have since lost such & didn't really dream for a wgile. Anyway, had a "big" dream the other night - was going into the city (NY) to visit some friends we had there while in business, they lived in an apartment above our street level catering shop. When I arrived to the physical location, I had to go down to the basement, which had water up to my knees, in order to climb steps to get to their place. As I mentioned, they were above us & there was never a need to go down to get up. When I was finished going up one flight of steps,I encountered a long open space which was quite dank & full of unknown doors, seemingly to choose from, I then ran into a person (male) who I knew on this plane & was friendly with while in business there, then the scene changed - I had to climb up another set of stairs, only to encounter another male, this one unknown, who I went off on an excitnig adventure with. Thinking down is the journey back to the soul, up is toward spirit & the male figures are my previously somewhat known animus + my yet to meet new true animus, whom I have been trying to bond with
What do y'all thnk? HELP>>>> Just startig to dream again,
Much appreciated,
Laurie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Darkness, Down then up stairs, known & unknown males

Laurie,
This dream sounds much like a mid-life experience where you are analyzing parts of your life. This is a common event that occurs between the ages 40 and 60. Trying to navigate through the 'waters' {emotions} of past experiences to get to that 'friendly' place in life where you feel comfortable with yourself. Its really all in the head, a psychology journey where you have to climb up and down to understand the meaning of life's experiences. The truth is found in the basement {your journey back to the soul}, unconscious contents of your life that need sorting through.

The open space may be a time in your life where there were doors of unknown opportunity to choose from. Being dank may represent something unpleasant. These may have to do with real men in your life {what past experiences were there that may have led to unknown opportunities?}. Or they could have to do with masculine aspects of the psyche. One aspect may have to do with a decision to do with 'business', social requirements, opposed to taking a more adventurous route in your life. Was there such an opportunity in your past?

Let me know your thoughts to my suggestion and we will proceed from there.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hey Gerard,
Thanks so much for your insight, & sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. The exciting opportunity was acually the chance I took & failed at with the business after struggling for quite some time. Do you think this is an "after stress" dream, trying to make sense of all the hard work, and soul searching? I definitely put my entire life on hold for it, especially my spiritual practices as I am Wiccan, even stopped dreaming for a while as I mentioned.Am going to begin getting back to who I am, starting a dream journal tonight. Please let me know what you think about the down the stairs & water thing, as this scene has repeated itself twice since my last e mail, but in different context each time, although upon waking, the important, stand out part is that of the "down to water" thing.
Thanks again,
Laurie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Laurie,
Anytime in a dream that you are descending it usually represents 'looking' deeper within yourself {especially basements}. The unknown doors would represent unknown aspects or qualities that need to be opened so you can realize those deeper aspects {which will be beneficial}.

The water at your knees may symbolize 'rising' emotional currents. Water usually represents some type of unconscious contents. Knees often symbolize flexibility of the ego or ego pride. Before you can reach the destination {realization} you seek you must go down to the depths of the soul {descending into the water}. Or it may indicate a need to 'return' to those spiritual roots.

Looking at your dream, the part about they were above us may indicate too much thinking instead of letting the Self take the lead. If the basement below represents the unconscious then the 'above' would represent the thinking self. Or it could be that you have descended to the depths {being WICCAN would suggest that you have done so, at least to some degree} and you are returning to the ego life with the treasures found {a stage of the hero journey - descending to the depths and returning to share what you have learned}. This can often be confusing and take time to assimilate {a long open space full of unknown doors, seemingly to choose from}. Your struggle with the failed business may be that open space. It has left you with unknown possibilities and the dream is seeking to work through it all. Having given up your spiritual practices {abandoning the soul} is like given up your child, your inner child. You lose all true sense of direction.

The good news is you are getting back to who you really are. That often takes another journey into the depths. Perhaps the dream is guiding you back to that soulful place where you are most comfortable. Slaying dragons {social duty} is a required part of life but the soul is not complete unless the spiritual aspect {Wicca} is a integral part of your life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present