Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memories, Dreams, Reflections - the autobiography of Carl Gustav Jung

In a desire to quickly refresh my memory about the life of Carl Jung I Googled Memories, Dreams, Reflections, his autobio. As often as I do I found a familiar page about the subject. Take some time to Google Memories, Dreams, Reflections and see what I am referring to.

Here is a brief outline of this book:

Memories, Dreams, Reflections
the autobiography of Carl Gustav Jung

You've never read a real autobiography until you've read Memories, Dreams, Reflections. What is our memory really made of, after all--the things that happen to us, or the way we felt about them, dealt with them, thought about them? More than a simple chronological account, Memories, Dreams, Reflections is an intimate dialogue between one man and his soul. But this isn't just any man-this is one of the founding fathers of psychology and one of the most profound and influential thinkers of the twentieth century: Carl Jung.

You will recognize his childhood memories and interpretations of the world around him--because even though they take place almost a century ago, they are common to all children. His interpretations of his dreams will fascinate you, and will give you insight into your own "night visions." His midlife crisis will be comforting, because you'll realize that everyone struggles with the same issues. So what makes Jung different from the everyday man? He never shirked away from the questions that hounded him; he pursued them until he had satisfactory answers, yet he remained humble and human throughout his spectacular career. This is the only autobiography you'll ever read that will keep you spellbound all the way through.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Memories, Dreams, Reflections - the autobiography of Carl Gustav Jung

Sir, i have read your reply on my posts to Tina and I am aware that we hold the same beliefs. I would like to test your beliefs on dream interpretation, in return, you can test my hypothesis if you like. Anyway, this is my dream, a recurring one and i would like to interpret it for me.
I a have a recurring dream where I am on my backyard catching snakes on the riverbank. sometimes i caught snake; sometimes an exotic marine animal. I always felt a rush of excitement when i was trying to catch them. Sometimes I catch them; sometimes they get away; sometimes they attack me. These recurring dreams leaves me elated on my waking state.
Now, sir, please tell me what this recurring dream mean.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, Philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

I want to correct the first sentence on my previous post: I am aware that we have different beliefs on dream interpretation.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, Philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Hi Conrad

I have to interject here - I think that you are fundamentally not aligned with the dream interpreations offered on this site.

Dream interpreation is not about right - wrong; 'test me' and I will decide if you are right.
You are in the realm of judgement - and proving a point, your point - you hold your opinion and you imply that if one camp is correct the other is wrong.
What is happening in the world right now is the manefestation of this thinking pattern.

If your primary interest is in dream the validity interpretation, rather than validating your position (ego), then you would continue to post your interpretations on this site - as you are free to do.
Of course you could be like the man wearing shoes that everyone looks at and says' what nice red shoes' - but you maintain they are green. So, to you they are green - that is your reality; everyone has their own reality.

I must also add that the interpretations offered by most of the regulars here are based on the theories of Jung, and are not 'my theory' or 'Gerard's theory'.

Also - we are human too, and far from perfect or infallable.

Enjoy posting
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Conrad,
I defer to Justin's remarks. If you are interested in 'testing' Jung's theories then I suggest you look at the posted dreams and the interpretations. There is no doubt in my mind they are as close to getting it 'right' as any method. But as Justin stated, this is not about right and wrong. It is about helping others discover truths about themselves. It is ultimately up to the dreamer to determine the proper interpretation of their dream. We point them a direction and they decide what fits. Using Jung as a guide, and our own intuitive and learned skills, well, read the dream posts and interpretations and see for yourself. Count the number of times where the dreamer comes away with a positive impression to an interpretation. But not only that, the number of times the dreamer feels they have learned something new about themeselves.

Most methods of dream interpretation have some validity. Before I started this Forum I practiced my 'Jungian' skills at Dream Central and witnessed many approaches to the dream. None provided any clearer explanation to dreams than Jung. And from the first to the last post it is clear that something is 'right' about Jung's theories. That is validated and its 'correctness' can be determined if you will take the time to read the posts.

Let me say in closing you are welcome to use your theory to interpret dreams at the Forum. As long as it does become a distraction to our primary mission; helping others understand their dreams, and ultimately themselves. We all learn something from each posted dream and interpretation. And the more we learn the better chance the dreamer will understand. That is the ultimate goal, helping others, in a respective and helpful manner.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present