Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divorce & Recon. Dream

Hi All,

Last night i had a strange dream which I am having difficulty deciphering. In it I was told by some psychics that my partner and i were going to get married, then get a divorce and then get married again (to eachother ofcourse). I felt so fustrated in my dream because that is something i do fear, the fear of losing him. ALso i couldn't understand how something like that could possibly occur, how can two people get divorced and then remarry? In my dream i went in search for answers (maybe for positive feedback), and it is then that the dream became vague. I hear a voice telling me not to worry because there wasn't going to be a divorce(but i can't remember that part too well). But i woke up feeling fine and fearless, until I read a dream dictionary where it said it is a warning for single people if nearing marriage, that maybe they should think twice about committing. This is confusing and it worries me because i really want to marry him. My fear would be falling out of love with him and vice versa. This year we are getting engaged (but he wants to make his official proposal a surprise, which bothers me a little because i really don't like uncertainty as it sometimes leads me to negative thoughts specially after being together for so many years). I'm an idiot in suspense at the moment. I'm just hoping it is more of an anxiety dream and not a warning, considering I was told we were giong to reconcile and marry eachother again. Also that last voice contradicting that negative prediction. Please help me decipher this dream.

Thank you so much for your help.

Joce.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Divorce & Recon. Dream

Joce,
The marrying, divorce and remarrying may be more about your fears than an actual experience of the three. Instead it may represent 'on one day', off the next and back on again another time. Is this a possible experience having to do with the relationship? The voice you hear in the dream telling you not to worry may be that wisdom of letting go the fears. Unless of course there are real concerns you possess about the relationship that have merit {intuitively you sense something wrong about the relationship}. If there are not any real concerns then the dream may simply be addressing your inner, and unnecessary fears.

The thing about dream dictionaries. They should always be used with caution. They are a starting point to real possibilities but each individual must judge those possibilities with real life experiences. If they fit {should think twice about committing is a general possibility for all relationships} then you can use them. But look at all possibilities from
dream dictionaries. {any dictionary that says a meaning is fixed, it is true in all cases, should be thrown away}.

It does seem to be more of anxiety dream than anything. The indecision fits with the on-off again marriage. Unless your fiancee has baggage that needs examination, or the relationship is not as sound as it should be, then take the dream as an anxiety over the impending union.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Joce,

From my perspective on dreams, your dream has very positive and auspicious meanings. First, nothing is ever always or only literal in dreams, if at all, so worrying about losing your partner is maybe prompting the anxiety dream to work it out for you in your sleep but doesn't necessarily mean you will lose him. In fact, the opposite happens. I feel intuitively that perhaps the dream is showing you that you will lose the old way of relating and remarry (you even said it the same person of course, emphasis on the of course.) So how can it be a true divorce if you remarry the same person. It speaks rather of a deep and transformative change, first in you, and your inner masculine aspect and how you relate to that, and secondly to your fiance. In fact, I would venture to guess you and your fiance have been having troubles and the source of your anxiety is real, however, the dream seems to be very clear in showing that a great change will take place in you. You will divorce that negativity, and remarry after transforming yourself. When we change on the inside for a healthier transformation our outer relations also follow suit......

so this is why I have a positive interpretation. I find it interesting to consult dream dictionaries, then ignore them.

Best to you,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thank you both so much for your feedback.
Because he and i have been together for so many years, and not knowing throughout those years when the day was going to come, the uncertainty of it all gave me some fears. However, he and i have had no real arguments or any problems in our relationship. The only concern for me has been the long wait (because we're so close to committing right now that I don't want anything to go wrong or no more wait). I think i'm too sensitive and place a lot of thought to silly things and it's probably why i had this anxiety dream. I really do feel ready to let go of these anxieties and divorce myself from them as May said. I'm really grateful to you both.

THank you so much.

Joce.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, Australia

Re: Re: Divorce & Recon. Dream

Hi Joce,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am glad your dream helped you understand yourself and what is happening in your life....stay with your dreams...you will gain much insight.

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Europe

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present