Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
delapidated house

I was in a delapidated house. I think it was mine, or at least I had been given it. A friend is there telling me that I should build another level on top of the existing one. I looked at the roof and walls, and notice that they are not in good shape. I know that they can't bear the weight of another floor on top. I tell my friend that I am going to build a new house around the this one so that I could live in the old house while I build a new one. This seems like the best plan.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: (let's say, "middle age")

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: delapidated house

Hi Ellen,
The simple answer may be the dream is addressing your deep emotions about your appearance, and/or age {how a person answers the 'age' question can tell a lot about that person}. There may be a wish or desire to do something about it {cosmetic surgery, or better yet, better lifestyle to get into shape}. You may already have began to do so.

But there seems to be a stress problem within the dream. Look at this possibility.

It sounds {the dream narrative} as if there is something that may be adding emotional weight to your life {building another level}. Of course age/appearance could also be that thing causing the stress. But look at other issues in your life to see what may be causing 'another level' of stress.

Perhaps the old self can't tolerate, {literally, you at mid-life, that part that feels dilapidated} or doesn't want the added stress? The walls are not strong enough to carry the load.
A new life, a wish for many, may be needed. That would be the new house. A house, you having new and stronger walls. May involve strong emotions.

It seems you may be facing a sort of an immediate crisis also. You can't live in the old house while the new one is being built. You may be at the end of your leash over this emotional issue. You may already have given conscious thought as to how to 'build this new house'. {seems like the best plan}?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for your input!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: (let's say, "middle age")

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Ellen,
After looking at your last posted dream that other level from this dream may be alluding to that special place in your life. Whereas the dilapidated house is those aspects in your life that have seem to be 'run' down, the special place in your other dream may be directing your attention to the positive aspects of life instead of the negative {dilapidated house}. I get the impression this dilapidated aspect may have to do with aging. Perhaps the special room in your other dream is focusing on the positive aspects of getting older, such as wisdom. And the dilapidated part may also be those waking aspects where stress is a factor. Does any of this make sense in your life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,

I'm sorry, I may have confused you by posting this dream. Now I see how the site works...this was not my personal dream. I wrote it in first person, thinking it would apply to the dreamer, not to me. Sorry for the confusion. I do think the dreamer has a lot of stress.

The dream, the "View of the House" is actually mine.I was curious about the two different types of house dreams. Thanks for your input.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present