Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
deep and dark place

My dream started of playing a soccer game. This was so normal I was sure I was actually doing it. Then the game ended and I went home. As I was walking home (not my home but my parents house that I left 2 years ago. I often dream I am going back there), I realized I had forgotten my car and soccer bag at the park but decided not to bother about it. When I got there I started feeling more worried and wanted to get my car to go working the next day. (I work with my dad bty) He was there but I could not ask him for help. I was scared he would be mad at me so I took my moms car and went to the mall with my girlfriend. At the mall I started feeling very worried cause I realized I had lots of money in my bag (I did carry a lot of money all weekend long). As I realizied we were going the wrong way we turned around and rushed back to the parking lot. At that point I was pushing my GF on some kind of cart. She had trouble keeping balance. We went down a few stories on a escalators but I could not see the car. I then spotted my bicycle in the bicycle rack in a parking even lower. We went down there thru some weird place were there were tables and chairs pilled up. This did not seemed like a normal way down but i was in such a rush I thought it would be faster. I went down with no difficulty but thought my GF would have trouble which she did not. When we got down I crossed the door and realized I could not get back in. The parking lot was dark and ghetto looking. Everything seemed dirty. There were junkys shooting themselves with needles. It looked like those spots under the bridges where drug addict go to get there fix. I was trapped there but wanted to go back up as my bike was not there at all. I was trying to climb back up on some rotten wood when I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: deep and dark place

Jp,
Since Justin provided his insights to your first posted dream and is familiar with your 'situation' I will let him give his thoughts on this dream. If he is unavailable I will take a deeper look.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jp

Take note of the title of this dream - deep and dark place - and the end of my reply.

So this dream says a lot ,, OR just as accurately ,, YOU have said a lot about your current self
Perhaps it is summed up when you said you 'had forgotten ,,, but decided not to bother about it'.
The question you need to ask yourself is 'when am I going to stop playing the game?' AND what is the game you are playing - it could be i) playing by society's rules or ii) that you are playing a game with yourself ,, not being honest / true to yourself.

Again the image of the bicycle - and so YOU will need to think on the image of a bicycle. It could br related to a need for BALANCE in your life, and / or the need for SELF EFFORT; to be propelled by your own efforts ,,, (money in the bag?).

Your energy is wanting to 'go home',,, YOU will need to contemplate what 'home' means

You are unwilling to ask your fathers help - this could mean that you are egotistical and unwilling to ask for help from your masculine side ,, and this is backed up by your 'taking your mothers car' and going to the mall with yr girlfriend ,,, are you hiding out in the feminine ? because you are afraid of your (true) masculine ,,, your true masculine heritage (your father).
Of course is could also mean that you are afraid of the power systems that run in your life and society - that are almost totally based in patriarchy.

The money in the bag could represent energy and in particular masculine creative energy.

You may be headed for a 'down' period in your life ,, this is an opportunity to address things that NEED to be addresses. You think the feminine side of you is not able to cope ,, but it is ,,'she went down with no difficulty'.
You are going down into the shadow side of yourself ,,, the dirty parts of yourself; it may be worth considering what addictions you have in life ,, and YES : I am inclined to think that we all have addictive potentials at least ,,, pleasure and escape from reality.
It seems time to address the aspects of YOUR life that are rotten and will not support you any longer

Jp, i would STRONGLY suggest that you have a Journal if you have not already started one. The guidelines are straight forward
- it is only for your use, eyes and ears; although you can share parts of it if you want
- that you can write freely in it; draw or doodle; whatever;
- that anything is allowed - you give yourself permission to explore the feeling that arise when you write / draw etc; in it you can try things on for size.

The time you INVEST in this now is investing in yourself.
I would guess that you are a gentle caring person, who plays by the rules - and yet something is bubbling underneath.

Jp, there is a huge amount in these dreams - your dreams. Really it is your soul stirring and you need to respond. It is no exaggeration that it will take a huge amount of willingness and effort on your part; and there are many facets to your learning. It is time for you to start in earnest.

All the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Justin,

Thanks for you reply.
I have to inform you that I am now keeping a journal for as long as I have been posting here.

And I do interpret my dreams in my own way with the help of a few C G Jung lectures that introduced me to this type of psychology. (You can see the my reply on other posts too)I do post my dreams here because I like to get other people's feeling on them to give me more perspective. Jung said that in order to interpret your dream you had to see them from every possible aspect just like an object that you hold in your hand and turn over to see it from every possible angle.

Your interpretations do give me new ways of looking at the symbols of my dreams. It is true that I am hiding out in the feminine. My father was never really present when I was younger and his personnality is way to introverted cold and rational as I am more a feeling, intuitive type. I do not admire this way of being and do which to distance myself from this part of myself. (I must say I am very rational too, but in a more human carring way.)I don't think that I could not ask my fathers help because I am egotistical but rather because I have trouble communicating with too rational types (especially when it comes to emotions).
The money in the bag could also represent masculine creative energy as you mentioned. I am a musician but have almost stop playing as I am now more working...I am too a gentle caring person, who plays by the rules - and yet something is bubbling underneath. It is also pretty weird as Saturday I went to play soccer and realizied I had 600$ in my wallet which I had put in my bag when I was playing. I had to keep a close eye on my bag when people were passing close by. My dream in some way has warned me because I usually don't carry this amount of money, trust people and don't bother about my stuff around the park.

Anyways....Thanks a lot Pal!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hi Jp

Thank you for the feedback, and the detail you give.
From your posts on the site, and your dreams it seems to me that you are in a time of greater change and potential than usual. This being so I wnated to encourage you to surf the wave, harness the changes ,,, albeit scary.

Hence the Journal ,, many folk don't know or use one; not as a continual companion perhaps but as a tool.
My purpose in my direct reply was to really encourage and emphasis that you need to do the work ,, the learning ,, the understanding - only this leads to transformation. I can see that you are doing your bit so : good for you !

It is also great that you are looking at your dreams and those of others - you are right, and one reason I post on the site is to gain the perspectives that I cannot access myself.

A book that might be of interest to you is Iron John by Robert Bly

All the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present