Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ancient tomb, fear, lady dead or waiting? Ancestor?

I dreamed that I was standing at the entrance to a large tomb made of stone. It looked like it was carved into a large stony area. The walls and ceiling weren't straight and flat. They were uneven and had chopped-out look to them. The whole tomb was grey stone. It was an ancient place. Inside, there were rooms carved out to the left and right, so I knew it was a very large tomb. I couldn't see much more than a couple of feet into the rooms on either side, but there was a sense that they went on for quite a distance, although most of those rooms were black darkness. I didn't turn to either of them. I stayed standing where I was.
I seemed to be just inside the entrance to the tomb, looking in and down.
Straight ahead, after a bit of a downward slope, there was a stone ledge and a niche carved into the wall. On the left of the ledge (as I faced it) a woman’s body was placed on the ledge. It was slumped there as if it had been placed there sitting up but toppled over sideways. I had the feeling that it was placed in that position with much disrespect and replusion. That they wouldn't bury her; they just threw her in there. The corpse was clothed in an ancient but rich dress, such as you would expect an important person from the time of ancient England would wear, but I don't remember seeing any jewelry.
The corpse was perfectly preserved, but very pale. The clothing was showing signs of eroding with time - it looked fragile somehow, and it was dusty. The corpse had long, dark tangled hair. I was frightened of it. The corpse was of a woman in her forties; she was beautiful but there was also a harshness about her. I felt repelled by her; afraid of her. I had the feeling that she had been put in there after being condemned for something; that whoever put her there had killed her and threw her in there as an evil thing to be rid of.
As I stood there, the corpse opened it’s eyes and slowly rose back up to a sitting position, staring at me. The eyes were clear and seemed to be compelling me to come closer. I felt that if I did I would be coming closer to inescapable evil. But at the same time, I felt resigned that it was my fate, because I felt somehow that she was an ancient ancestor of mine. I felt that she had been waiting for me through the centuries. I didn’t want to go to her, but at the same time I knew I wasn’t going to have a choice. There was a feeling of expectancy about her, and she looked similar to how I looked when I was younger, except that her face was harder and colder looking and her eyes had no kindness in them, only coldness. The dream ended there without me making the choice of running away or going closer, because it frightened me so badly that I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: A 49 Nova Scotia, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? One previously

Re: ancient tomb, fear, lady dead or waiting? Ancestor?

Hi Claire,

I'll give it a quick shot here.

I think the person you see in the tomb is yourself when you were younger (she looked similar to how I looked when I was younger). Often death in dreams signifies the end, and the beginning of something, a transformation… You also are at an age where women go thru lots of changes (both physically and mentally). In this case, since the woman is about 40, I think it might symbolize your younger self being dead.

I think that dreams is about your way of dealing with the changes you are going thru.

The size of the tomb stone might indicate you, or other people, worship, honor or adore this younger self. But at the same time, the fact that she was just left there (abandon with disrespect) (threw her in there as an evil thing to be rid of) seems contradictory. As if you adore who you were but at the same time you reject it disrespectfully.
This might indicate you have mixed feeling about this inevitable situation. In some way you still love and feel nostalgias about the younger you, but at the same time you reject it violently as a way to move on to new things. I think you need some balance about this issue. Things are not always only black or white!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: ancient tomb, fear, lady dead or waiting? Ancestor?

Thanks JP - much appreciated!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: A 49 Nova Scotia, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? One previously

stats from 7-14-10 to the present