Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Undying Love

Hi All!

This dream was so beautiful and I woke from it feeling refreshed and joyful and very unconditionally loved, although its content is a bit shocking!

I am dying of cancer and my husband is telling me and demonstrating to me in every conceivable way possible that is commitment to me is absolute, even though he knows I am dying soon and the grief of parting will be gut-wrenchingly devestating.

Ok. So, I'm trying very hard not to take any of the content literally although I am wondering if any of it might be true....in any case it is very touching.

But I would love any and all ideas!

Thanks so much in advance,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Undying Love

May,
The fact that you woke up refreshed and joyful probably says as much about the dream as does the dream itself.

Perhaps that has to do with the depiction of your husband's absolute commitment. Has there been some show of emotions from him recently that may indicate that?

So what does it mean that you are dying of cancer? If we take a look at the dream dictionaries they seem to indicate that cancer can be symbolic of emotions. Perhaps the correct metaphor is from Soul Future that states, Highly attuned to feelings. Are you a person with 'highly attuned feelings?' Does your husband love you in spite of these emotions?

Of course your husband could represent your own masculine self. That would change the equation only in that you love yourself despite these traits. That would be a good sign, would it not?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

This dream has a lot of meaning for me.

On the level of my husband in the dream representing the support and unconditional love of my inner masculine, meaning love from myself for myself, that is definitely a very real meaning for me.

I have another understanding of cancer and dying that fit in with this...I see cancer as a symbol that represents negative emotions, and dying as a symbol for shedding the old ego boundaries and going through a transformation...so I am somehow working though some negative emotions and my inner self (masculine) is standing by me, steadfast and true.

In terms of what this dream might mean about my husband in real life, I am very curious and I'm not really sure. It may represent a perception of him as deeply supportive, although nothing he has said recently indicated a change in the direction of even more support. Also, if the dream is talking about my husband in real life, then I do not understand the symbolism of my dying of cancer in relation to my real life husband.....

Also, the dream is bringing together two opposites....my dying...parting and my husband growing closer....and this is something I don't understand when I look at the dream in regards to my real life husband. But as far as the inner meaning I think I've got that down, and it is definitely a very good thing!

It remains to be seen what it is trying to tell me about my husband.

Thank you Gerarld,
May

May,
Perhaps what is happening with your husband in real life has to do more with reality. As you said, not taking the dream literally is important. The dream is most likley saying more about yourself than your husband. The actual relationship may speak for itself.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,

Thanks for your follow-up.

I am really happy about this dream and what it means for me. From a completely straightforward Jungian perspective it shows that I have worked through my shadow enough that I am now at the second level of individuation and having an active and positive,loving relationship with my animus, with my inner masculine, which is supporting me through a time of transformative growth and change. It shows tremendous deep self-support and committment to my personal growth.

I see the cancer as representing something negative that I am working through with the help of my animus.

So, I think this dream brings to conclusion a chapter of my life and ushers in something new. In the past, as you know, the masculine in my dream was not supportive or committed. This has changed, for the better.

I do believe this dream is also trying to make a commentary about my waking life, but as the two are interconnected, a positive development on the inner realm will result in a positive development on the outer realm being manifested.

I hope I have interpreted this correctly and have not minimised the seriousness of the symbolism of dying of cancer.

Many thanks Gerard,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present