Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A very long and vivid dream!

I had a very vivid and very long dream last night! I would really appreciate help with interpretation as I can make little sense of it! When my dream begins I am on a very nice chartered bus full of people, but the only people I notice are the male driver, a woman in her fifties or sixties (I am in my early twenties) who looks very tired and unhappy, and a younger girl about 10-12 years old that I have some sort of connection with. It is an overcast day, and we go to a grubby looking industrial part of the city to an unattractive looking building that looks like a train station. Inside it is large and beautiful but gloomy and without windows; there are white marble floors and walls and a very high vaulted ceiling with big red flowers and green vines painted on it. There is a long line, made partially of the people from the bus, waiting to buy tickets to some sort of an event. As soon as I get in line it clears up, and it is just the older woman and I standing in the building, with the exception of a man in the ticket booth in the distance. I ask her what the tickets were for; she avoids answering me directly. I decide that I don’t want the tickets and get back on the bus where it is just the younger girl who is now sitting next to me, the driver, and I. It is now sunny and beautiful outside with an intensely blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds and the bus is going along the highway in a city that resembles the city I live in, except it is lush and tropical while I am in a northern city. We go on a stretch of highway that overlooks calm water that is clear and teal in color, and I can see big clumps of green plants and schools of fish swimming in the water. There are brightly colored yellow, green, fuchsia, and teal houses along the edge of the water, with docks extending into the water. I point out one of the houses, which in a dream that I had several months ago I was searching frantically and couldn’t find for a long time, and told the girl that a very close friend of mine lives there. When we come to a patch of jungle on the side of the highway I tell the girl that the bus is going to explode and it stops and the girl and I get out. I hold her hand and we run across the tops of the trees, I feel extremely exhilarated and happy as I do so, then I choose what I feel is a good place and we jump to the forest floor below and land on something soft. It is completely dark but I don’t feel frightened, and I reach out in front of me and feel a very smooth tree trunk right in front of me. It is very tall, but I climb it very easily and quickly even though I am still holding the girl’s hand. We come back up into the sunlight and I see that I was climbing a date palm tree with very big fruit. I look where the bus was and I see some men clearing away the bus’s bumper, which was all that was left of it, and I know that they work for a special government agency. There is a man who is the head of this government agency standing and waiting for me while the others work, he is very tall and well dressed but I can’t see his face because it seems like the sun gets in my eyes every time I try to look. I feel very, very happy to see him and tell the girl that he is my father, although there is no resemblance to my father in real life. He greets me and says he has been waiting for me, wants me to join the agency because I have special skills, and I can have anything that I need in return. Then I woke up. Thanks and good luck with this!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, Seattle, WA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: A very long and vivid dream!

Hi Eirene

Symbolically the clearest part of this dream for me is the reference to 'the father' - 'whose face you cannot see', has and 'no resemblance' to your biological father, and 'it seems like the son gets in your eyes every time you try and look - he is the head of the agency, and he has been waiting for you. Any ideas ??? well one take on this would be a Christian view of God. As dreams often speak in paradox, showing us the opposite at the same time, as well as having two or more meanings - another view would be that this man could represent the 'Establishment". However it seems to me, that this man is representative of a benevolent being - and he wants you to join the agency because you have special skills. Any clues for you in this?

It may be that the path you have been taking lately is / has blown up; that you have decided not to wait in line for the ticket (the ticket of life) - the scene that way may be grand but it is dull and unattractive.

Do you have any major decisions coming up ? these may not just be of a career nature. This is a big one. What are your special skills - follow them. The 'anything you want in return' does not necessarily mean monetary - it can mean a happy fulfilling meaningful life.
This might be a good time for you to look at the 'iTunes U' site and find the speech by Steve Jobs to the Stamford graduates.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this
All the best
Justin

Please Note:
After a dream has been interpreted, a follow-up response to the interpretation is requested. This will help both the dreamer and the interpreter better understand the dream message. All interpretations are FREE and the only compensation we ask is your participation in the process of understanding your

dream

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

hi,just a question as I was reading your interpretation of Eirene's dream.
You said:
"As dreams often speak in paradox, showing us the opposite at the same time, as well as having two or more meanings - another view would be that this man could represent the 'Establishment".What do you exactly mean by opposite.Is it possible that in this case the dream could refer to the opposite of god,let's say the devil??That puzzles me a lot,but somebody else also said somewhere that dreams might mean the oppososite.I can understand that there are two or more levels of interpretations(like inner reality ,outer...or my feelings to a real person etc)but could you give a practical example what you mean by opposite.Thanks a lot for your help.Margit

Hi Margit

I am about to head out now but I want to try and give a response.
Perhaps a another way to describe it would be that there are alternate perspectives.
Your question is interesting, especially as it relates to this dream - need to ponder it a bit more - perhaps too big for here ,,, relating to evil, the deveil etc ,,,, wow what a big one !
Another point relates to issues of 'literalism' ,,,

thanks, see ya
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi what I mean is that maybe with "opposites" the same dreamsymbol can be true in two opposite ways that coexist.I see that in this dream Marce is interpreting for me about "the teenage boy who is strangling the father",two completely opposite interpretations of the dwarf /father sound true on two different levels.One is the dwarf as hurt positive energy to be healed and increased and the other as a maybe negative masculine energy which is eerie and sort of dangerous,a bit like a demon lover.God/devil...In my dream both make sense.What do you think of that?maybe you can post your opinion on the simultaneous true opposite interpretation at theteenage boy post in order not to stray from Eirene's dream too far.
Eirene,your dream is very interesting but sorry, I feel not qualified enough to interpret somebody else's dream.Still learning .I enjoy reading here...

stats from 7-14-10 to the present