Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Voyer, telepathy, old car

Hi Everyone,

I had this dream on May 30th, right before the last two dreams I posted, but because it was long, and I had been advised to post shorter dreams before I only posted Undying Love, and Driving without Brakes, as they are shorter, but I feel this dream is trying to tell me something important, also because of the recurring theme:

I'm at my parent's house. I am downstairs, they are upstairs. I look out the window, and can communicate telephathically with my mom. I see a man standing there, I only see him from the waist down, he senses me looking at him so he unzips his pants. I look away and when I look back he has taken his penis out of his pants and is semi-erected. I tell my mom telepathecally, and she looks out of the window upstairs. I look back at him and can see all of him, and he has pulled his zipper back up. He looks Middle Eastern and reminds me somehow of my husband. He is angry I told my mother and is about to curse me. Suddenly both he and my mom are in the basement with me. There are two bedrooms there, but she makes him go away. My dad's first car is parked out side the house and I wonder if his new car has problems and he has to go back to driving that one again. I worry about him that its dangerous.

End of Dream.

I think this dream can be taken on many levels and has a lot of symbology and common themes and seems more like a personal, rather than transpersonal dream, though I could be wrong.

Any help on this one, in detail would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Voyer, telepathy, old car

Hi May, How are you?

I see from your two previous posts you are truly embracing your dreams meanings:)

Just some food for thought to offer with this dream which may help, The man in your dream likely suggests some self gratifying principal within, that in some way serves to bolster ones sense of self, Ie having done well with something with which we view as a source of pride, it can become to our detriment in that we use this 'way' to feel more powerful in self.

For example displaying ones achievments in such a way 'exposure', serves to gratify you and give you some internal sense of power 'semi erection' though false power. Your turing your head away from this in some way indicates your turning away from seeing this issue in your self.

Looking out the window highlights the fact that you tend to see this behaviour outside 'Your self' which is what your guidance here is trying to bring your attention to 'being in parents house'.

Telepathic imagery in dreams often brings us a clear sense of communication and does suggest that you are in clear communication with this higher part of your guidance, 'Mother upstairs' and from this point of view within and a as consequence you are able to see this more fully 'the whole of him', this part may be relating here that at some point a few weeks ago you did in some way detect maybe this 'behaviour pattern' in self and which also generated some anger in relation to seing how you sometimes act , 'he' has been caught in the act so to say.

The next part of your dream suggests that now you have glimpsed this in your self you then proceed 'suddenly' to relegate this to your unconscious as if to say you dont like this what you have seen, the work within oneself then proceeds to continue unconsciously, he is made to go away, in waht fashion is he made to go away? he is no longer there, the bedrooms relating to your connection with self,via dreams meditation and other intiamate ways you connect within yourself, may suggest the fashion in which this work is carried out unconsciously.

This process however brings up in you fearful thoughts in relation to saftey somehow At this particular point in your dream your thoughts indicate those that are worry-some maybe in the way you have endeavoured to show yourself or drive a particular aspect of yourself in your life, that was the old way, because having tryed a new way, this way has brought this pattern up for looking at as well.

My sense is that that at the time of this dream having made some achievemnet either within self or in your external work etc, it has brought some intimate form of behaviour with which you glimpsed but are not sure how to deal with it, therefore have rather cast it outside of oneself and rather choose to see it only in others. but you are aware of this on some level and have been working with it, but this new car, new way of conducting oneself has a few problems
Im just wandering here also how your dad relates to you here a proud man when youve done well but relates more indifferently when not achieveing?

Just avenues for exploration and only limited view of course.

Pride is healthy but if we rely on it to strenghthen our selves then the smallest dent can send us tumbling, true power comes from within. This also may be totally of key and again is just my view

Best to you Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Voyer, telepathy, old car

Hi Marce,

Thanks for your interpretation, definitely a new way of looking at things! Firstly, I agree totally with the aspect of my dad being proud of me when I've done well, I've definitely experienced and internalised that. There are times when I've made mistakes, but I felt that my dad was still supportive, so at least as an adult, I can think of countless times that my dad has stood by me and been supportive, even in situations where I thought he would be disappointment, like my grades first year of college, so on. As a child he was very critical of me, and I understand now as an adult that this was his way of trying to 'educate' me. It wasn't so much rejecting if I made a mistake as it was trying to minutely control how I turned out. I disagree completely with this type of child raising, but for my dad, this was the old school way of doing things. I am still recovering from it, but I appreciate that he is generally unconditionally loving, so maybe on an unconcious level I have experienced him as being not unconditionally loving, because consciously I can see a lot of acceptance, grace and forgiveness in how he has responded to my 'mistakes'...or things that I have chosen that he wouldn't have...but overall I feel he is proud of me. But, maybe on an unconscious level I am picking up something else, the true reality maybe that might be painful to acknowledge, and that is maybe this love isn't so unconditional after all.

Secondly, I agree that this man in my dream can represent an aspect of myself that I am projecting...something related to self pride and showing off. This is a new way of seeing the dream meaning for me, so I really appreciate this insight,thanks.

I do also believe that the dream may be trying to tell me something else.

In the dream, though I was an adult, I seemed scared and was turning to my mother for protection. That doesn't seem like an adult thing to do, maybe something more a child would do....anyway.. your interpretation is helpful.

Maybe I need to be humble about achievements and keep working for excellence and skill...to refine what I have, rather than be overconfident and flaunt it, and risk letting it all go to waste in neglect!

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present