Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
People Ingoring me

We are in what seems to be my kitchen. I’m making a bowl of cereals. There is my girlfriend, our roommate and their respective parents. I’m being polite and say Hi but my roommates parents seem to ignore me. Because they pay no attention to my hello’s, I start being annoying to them. I shout “So ok bye now” right in their ears as they pass by but they just seem stressed (like they don’t know how to react) when all they have to do is smile and say Hi. I can’t believe how people can be like that. My girlfriend is watching me and seems to think I’m stupid for doing this, but I’m like: they come in my house; they could at least say Hi, smile or nod or something. I feel like they see me as a crazy weirdo, but I strongly believe that my claim was right and that they were the weird ones and not me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: People Ingoring me

Jp,
Does this dream fit with the real experiences of your waking life? Undoubtedly there is symbolism that is addressing aspects of your deeper self but at your age the dream may be simply addressing truthful aspects of your waking life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi G. Thanks for your reply.

I do have one question.
Does dream become more symbolical with age?
I always thought it was the other way around.
Kids dream being more meaningful than those of adult.
Can some dream be only representations of daily routine or event, and others be more meaningful?
And how can you tell the difference?

Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Jp,
That's a good question. I won't say that dreams become more symbolic with age but dreams deal more with the inner self, the need and desire to sort through life experiences, as one gets older. A younger person's dream deals more with everyday experiences, the ego life, but still uses symbols and metaphor as the dream language.
A younger person's dreams focus more on the ego life and personality develop. Also a younger person has less life experiences to focus on, thus the focus is on the outer ego self {which is still be being developed}. The exception is when a younger person has had some traumatic experience in life. Then the psyche, and the dream, CAN focus on that experience as well as ego building. If it was a very traumatic experience then the dream will be more directed to help resolving these psychological issues. A primary function of dreams is to help the dreamer work through life's experiences.

Here is an example of how dreams different in this context. It is not a verbatim account since it has been a while since I have listened to the audio book {a great way to learn}.

Carl Jung in his biography Memories, Dreams, Reflections described where a young man and an older man had the same dream. They where participating in a fox hunt and as they road their steeds they came upon a deep ravine which they needed to cross. The younger man didn't hesitate and jumped the barrier. The older man held up, deciding not to chance the jump.

Jung's interpretation for the younger man was that the man was building his ego life and had to overcome these barriers, as a matter of progressing in life. The older man's dream was demonstrating that he had already achieved those goals in life and at his age did not need to take such chances.
One dream was dealing with the future of the dreamer {younger man} while the other dream was dealing with the past.

So the age can be most important when interpreting dreams. Just as with the gender of the dreamer. The two questions I need to know most about the dreamer is age and gender. If that is unknown then the possibility of giving a proper interpretation is much less likely.

Children's Dreams {From DreamMoods.com}
Dreams reflect our experiences and life concerns. For this reason, children's dreams are different then the dreams of adults. The dreams of young children {3-5 year old} usually have no real story line or any strong emotional content. Children around this age also frequently experience nightmares relating to their fears {strangers, monsters, loud noises, etc.} By the time children reaches their teen years, their dream patterns are matched closer to that of adults.

For other important questions about dreams see DreamMoods frequently asked questions.

Hope this shines some light on your question.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present