Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Memory Pill segment on 60 Minutes

Hi All,
Yesterday evening 60 Minutes (investigative journalism tv show) ran a segment titled The Memory Pill.

"Lesley Stahl reports on the clinical trials of a promising but potentially controversial treatment that can dull the memories of people, especially those who have experienced trauma."

Link to the full 13 minute video segment:

60 Minutes – The Memory Pill

Essentially, a pharmeceutical 'solution' to psychological trama/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). While the memory remains the pharma disconnects emotion from the memory...a variation on the scenario in the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind??

Another new pharma in the dizzying array of anti-anxiety, depression, etc medications already in use. Go for the quick (non) fix by medicating the symptom rather than remedy the cause. I believe this has huge potential for abuse and another blatant example of Campbells' statement on society's drive to make the individual to support society rather than a society that supports the individual.

George Orwell and Kurt Vonnegut would be ever so pleased...I think not.

Regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present