Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gorgeous home renovations, cryptic conversations..

Hello, this dream is intriguing for me and any ideas are welcome,

I'm with my friend R (who I know in real life), and a Russian man (who I don't know in real life), in a restaurant. He orders fish and they bring him meat. I am living in a college dorm and am surprised that my friend R is there, because she is supposed to by at another university in another country. People are coming over to bring food to prepare for a party, and one of my colleagues (who I dreamt of before) walks in, all snobby and just walks on by. A poor woman and her ten small infant children are being offered donations and food by this party.

Now, I'm back at my parent's house. Some girls strangers, are trying to light candles in my old room but I tell them not to.

My dad has hired an interior decorator. This man is brilliant, he tells my dad that since the sea behind our house is gorgeous, it has to be revealed. So, the wall is turned into a glass wall, and the floor of the house that overhangs the sea is turned into see through glass, and indeed it is a sight to behold. It is stunning. The entire back wall of the house and floor reveal the sea. To the far left is a rocky shore and to the right is a sandy beach.

It is amazing, the house and the sea, and I keep bringing friends over. I bring the Russian friend over. I'm so in love with him. He and my dad are friends. He totally fits in with my dad, his friends, my family. My dad is hanging out with friends, singing. The funny thing is that he has two names, this Russian man, so I ask my sister his name and she tells me his formal name, but he had filled out a piece of paper when he came over with his name, and his second name is his real name and I suddenly knew his name and knew my sister didn't know his name, but I did, it started with the letter G.

Now, I'm with my husband and he is asking me if I prefer pre-marital sex to divorce. I tell him pre-marital sex. We are in bed and playing/pretend fighting. I tell him how the Russian man totally fit in with my family, and even went swimming with my dad's friends in the sea and I could see him through the glass flooring, unlike my sisters husband, who just came over and sit alone in a corner. My husband and I go for a walk somewhere, it seems underground and dark, and he gets harrassed by two Mexican men.
Now, I'm washing a pair of underware by hand, that I couldn't get clean before, but this time I did.

Any ideas are very welcome. Thanks in advance,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Gorgeous home renovations, cryptic conversations..

Hi May

Without going into to much depth of your dream, though it is rich in symbology, I just thought I might just throw out a few ideas.

Following some of your dreams in the past there seems to be an overall theme of relating, your finding and delving into new ways of relating as you clear, emotions from your past and emotional tendencies of old from your energy system.

Inherent in some of your dreams of late is the new man or man you dont know which you seem to bond with in a positive sense. This new man suggests in some way a particular masculine trait that is a particular behaviour, attitude or pattern of thinking that you are finding, have found in your self, which also relates into this theme of relating to others. I wander if in the past you have looked upon how others relate to each other, and if you have been working on how you relate to connect with others in some way along with the give and take of your own personal energies.

The Russian man in your dream seems to represent a particular form of behaviour within your self that is harmonious with the rest of your more personal self in particular attitudes and behaviour which you share in some way with your father.

A great deal of interior work has been done and this seems to have been done by first and foremost the energy and organizational skills that you share with your father in some way, that is the ability to organise, in which you have been able to apply to your own innerself.

Whatever the qualitys of the russian man are they seem to vibrate in your beingness as qualitys that you like in your self 'in love with him', The next part of your dream with your sister suggests that you have different ways of relating to this behaviour you have in self. Your sister Likley represents some feeling or set of feelings that you may notice in her in your daily life or some feminine way of being that the two of you share, When this feeling or feminine way of being comes up in your life you relate to your attitudes and behaviour in a more gformal way that is dont give them the full reigns as to do so may detract something from your feminine/feeling self ie these attitudes might not fit in with the expression of the feeling self or notion of what it is to be feminine, a woman!

your sisters husband here reflects that when you relate to this set of attitudes weather they be playful having fun etc within you and that are harmonious to you in a 'Formal' way becasue of some possible fear that they encroach on what it is to be feminine you feel alone sat in a corner so to say socially or within your realtionship to family freinds etc. Ie the masculine principal 'your sisters husband' is bound to this particular feminine principal, your sister so when choosing to feel this within you your behaviour also cahnges, Does that make sense?

You though do know what his real name is you have found him so to say, you have found him within yourself and he is a really likeable chap hehe, I wander if this knew or unknown behaviour in self is in relation to all the work you have been doing and clearing in relation to your father if only in an unconscious way, having cleared this you are able now to relate to your father with lightness that is both your internal critical/achieving self and also your external father. We make changes on the inner and our outer changes, from your reply to your last dream it sounds like you have overcome any difficulties and difficult feelings that you may have had with your father in the past. This clearing over time would now allow you to relate to your self and father in a diffent way a harmonious way that gets on well fits in.

In bed with your husband here shows you now also how your relating in this new way in your intiamte relationship both both with self and in an externalised way 'playing/pretend fighting' though there may also be conflict here as your husband adjusts to your new way of relating. This happens as when you first attracetd your husband into your life he would of mirriored in some way your own attitudes, behaviour and beliefs towards your self now as you change his energy will change your are helping him to grow and evolve within hisself, he can no longer relate to you how he has done, and here im talking more about the unconscious patterns of behaviour that we have that is mirrored in all of our relationships.
What im trying to say is that in some way you share your husbands attitudes and behaviours towards your self or at least did this is how you were/are in relationship to self, what evr these patterns may be what evr it is you sense in your husbands behaviour to you at times, of course not all times that is or does not quite feel right. The reason im saying this is that the last part of your dream shows you that when you are coupled with the traits of your boyfriend that is those particular thought patterns you attract trouble into your life, you attract situations into your life that do not nourish you or serve you, but ultimately thoug your husband may reflect these in some way they are your thought patterns towards self that are were likley set up with in your relationship to your father.

A wonderful dream im not sure what the russian here means for you, what image do you have of russians? any russian freinds, maybe soemhow this trait is something in which you have rationed out only in limited ways during your life, for the inconvenience it has had on your notion of femininity.

Hope this helps a little

Best to you Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Hi Marce,

I totally agree with this interpretation.
Interestingly, in terms of what Russian means to tme, it actually means a lot. When I had the chance in college, I took Russian and though I did very badly, I was really happy learning about the language. I also took a lot of Russian lit classes in translation, and Russian history, and politics classes. So, I had this previous fascination and interest with Russia that I never understood.......

until (drumroll please)

My mom's relative told me that my great-great grandfather was Russian. I found this out, oh, about two months ago...interesting, is it not?

Anyway, I think as you said, that it represents a new way of relating, a better, lighter, harmonious way of self-acceptance, self-friendship, etc.

Your comments about my relationship with my husband, and his being a mirror, are right on. I am definintely changing for the better (not fast enough!) and I hope that I will find these changes mirrored back to me in how I relate to my husband in real life and back. In a way, the person I was when I met him was wonderful, and still is, so even though I hope I am growing, I do not want to lose the former positive aspects of who I am. Maybe I had a lot of unconscious unresolved things that came up for me after I got married, and these things seemed to be mirrored back to me with him. That is definitely something I want to see improvements with.

I definitely appreciate who my dad is, and though he isn't perfect, no one is, and though sometimes I feel I followed his advice for me in life for my detriment, and other times for my gain, overall I consider myself thankful. There is also a clear demarcation between how our relationship was when I was a child, and having to be disciplined, which to me seemed traumatic and being an adult and finding a friend in my father. I am still probably not completely over my childhood, so in my mind I know I have an idea of my dad as two people, the one who is my friend, and the one who was harsh, critical, controlling, etc..... this is probably something I need to come to terms with...as I do not want the negative energy of this side of my relationship to be part of my marriage, and like all repressed and unresolved things, it always has that potential to be.

I do like the idea greatly that I've done tremendous inner work and the result is pure beauty. Considering how the house changed, it really is gorgeous and breathtaking, so this dream is a real inspiration for me.

I think this dream is just as much trying to inspire me not to give up, showing me where I have suceeded and where I need to keep going.

probably unconsciously I have inherited many positive traits from my dad, the main ones being optimism, faith, hope, striving, and never giving up...just to name a few, and for sure these have helped me get this far........

Thank you Marce, your interpretation is fabulous!

Best,
May

Your Welcome, its quite wonderful to see in your dream how your father has been all along the catalyst for your change 'inner decoration', its the difficult aspects of our relationships that allow us to grow, and its the wisdom and compassion that comes through our own change that helps others.

All the best Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

stats from 7-14-10 to the present