Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
very troubling dream about my daughter

Hey, it's been awhile since I posted a dream but I had one that is really troubling me. I keep having these dreams about my daughter that worry me a lot, I need to know why I keep having them. The latest one was this: My daughter, who is four, was a baby again and she was sleeping in her crib. I went to check on her and my cat, who has been dead at least four years, was laying on top of the blankets and the blanket was covering her face. I got him off, pulled the blanket off and she was real pale and still but I was able to revive her. And it was in my parents house where I grew up but haven't lived there in 6 years. All these dreams take place there and they all involve my little girl drowning or suffocating but I always get to her in time to save her. I've had several in the past couple years. This last one I had after I had to leave her somewhere I wasn't happy about, the people were stressed and I was worried about her. So are these dreams just a manifestation of my protectiveness of her or what? I've had so many I'm paranoid about letting her swim, it's driving me nuts. Any insight you could give me will be very appreciated, thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Nebraska

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: very troubling dream about my daughter

rosebudsgypsy,
Could these dreams be as much about your childhood as they are about natural worries you have for your daughter? They may be saying something about experiences as a child that are stuck in your memory. It could even be about an experience when you were very young that felt threatening that you unconsciously hold on to.

What about your own parents? Were they good parents or were they the type who were stressed and did not always provide proper love and nourishment?

The dreams are probably in some ways about the inherent protective nature of being a mother. But they may also be addressing deeper aspects of your life, such as the explanation above.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi, thanks for responding. Well lets just say my parents were never happy people and saying they were stressed out all the time would be putting it mildly. Is that why these dreams always take place in my parents house? I never thought about it like that. Thanks, you've really made me feel better, now maybe I'll let her go swimming

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

rosebudsgypsy,
Yes, I believe it is OK to let her go swimming. You will be there to protect her and that alone should releave some of your 'stress'.

Very often a dream that focuses on a parents house is trying to say something about past experiences related to your parents, or experiences in that house. And since the dream is always about the dreamer a child featured in such a dream is saying something about the dreamer. All that is needed is to determine what part of the dreamer's life the dream is addressing.

It is probably at the same time addressing current fears about your own child. Past stress and current stress. Dreams attempt to help sort out both. You as a child and concerns for your own little girl.

But the emphasis of this seems to be on you first. I got the impression that the suffocating and/or drowning, and then being saved at the last moment was more about past experiences. If it were current and more about your little girl there would have probably been some recognition by you of such experiences. And the people who were stressed could be yourself {the different aspects} or someone in your life, such as your parents, who were stressed. It is probably both but again with a focus on the past more so than the present. Of course an interpretation must be com0pared to the actual dreamer's life to be sure that it is accurate. Because your parents fit the 'stressed' mold it most likely was focused first on those experiences. Such experiences go with you throughout life {albeit unconscious until something prompts the memories of them}, or until you recognize them and put them into perspective. If you give more thought to those past experiences you may realize even more about that period in your life, and other traits that are developed because of them.

You stated these dreams began in the past couple of years. Was there something during that period of time or leading up to it that may have provked your memory of past childhood experiences. Look to the time just prior to the first dream and determine what may have prompted these dreams. That may lead to other memories that could reveal more about who you are.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks, as always you helped me out a great deal. I'm not sure though what may have started them, I'll have to think on that one to figure it out, try and remember. Thanks again

stats from 7-14-10 to the present