Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
disturbing dream about illness

Hi,I had this very disturbing dreams last night and can't understand them.Maybe you can give some ideas.As a background i must say that I have some health issues that worry me and the dream could be related,(or not?).
I am sick in the mountains.It is vey cold.I try to protect me from the cold with old torn clothes which a woman friend gives me.(She is a real life friend but lives far apart and we don't get in touch very often).I also have some sort of old bag to protect me.I see my boyfirend, he is with one of his mates who is a real immature man.I ask him if after one week of being circunstancially separated he misses me and he says no.I am very sad,I have some sort of contagious sickness and I feel very lonely.then the scene changes and one of my close woman friends who has also a serious health issue shows me a video where she is chased and devoured by an enormous tiger.She says that the tiger didn't really eat her it was just a videomontage she did.It looked very real and scary. Before she shows me the video I know that the tiger is hunting somewhere and she says that he had eaten her in a dream.Then the scene changes and My boyfriend and I are parents of a little girl who was supposed to arrive from a schoolholiday by coach.Something horrible had happened and we arrive at the school(or sort of medical centre)and enter a hall from a door.On the other side of the hall between glasswalls are the other desperate parents locked out and they scream and shout and want to know waht is going on.I tell my boyfriend to go in the room(only we have access to) and ask.He doesn't dare so I go.The room is full of doctors and teachers who refuse to give me info.so I tell them I won't move if they don't tell me what happened to the girls.Reluctantly they say that something very sinister and awful is happening,one of the little girls(four or five years old) killed another and now all the little girls are killing each other and nobody knows why.
I wake up with a nightmarish feeling.
look forward to your Ideas. best wishes margit

Re: disturbing dream about illness

Margit,
If you will please give your age and gender when posting your dreams. I'm getting older so I sometimes need a refreshing of memory. I know you have posted it previously but....
now what was it we were discussing? I forget.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

sorry,age 46 and gender female.margit

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thanks Margit.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

maybe you can give it a try,Gerard and interpret the dream for me.Would appreciate it.

Margit,
I will take a look at your dream either Friday or Saturday morning. My ex-mother-in-law died Tuesday and her funeral is today, so my mind is not where it needs to be to provide a good interpretation. But I promise to do so in a day or so.
Thanks for your patience,

Gerard

Sorry to hear the news.Of course I will be patient.I like your interpretations so much that it is not a problem to wait .I hope you are ok and things are not too painful.I say a prayer.love margit

Margit,
Thanks for your patience and prayers. The passing of this wonderful woman has left a void in my life. She was a simple, 'country' woman yet she possessed so much wisdom, love and compassion. Although I was no longer a 'legal' member of her family {my son's grandmother} we never parted ways and have been very close through the years {1983, the year I became an ex-son-in-law}. Her transition came suddenly and without suffering. She was 75. The two ribbons on the front page of MDS are dedicated to her and my son's mother who passed in 2003.

Now to your dream. There are two ways to look at the first part of the dream {before it changes scenes}. First is about your boyfriend and the emotions involved with that relationship, and perhaps having in some way having to do with your health problems. This possibility depends on the actual relationship with him. Have you felt neglected by him of recent? The sickness may represent a 'malfunction' of the relationship, an obstacle {mountain} that needs to be overcome. The coldness may be an attitude one or both possess. Old torn clothes would be the shattered relationship, the bag the memories of the better times. The immature man may be how you perceive his attitude toward you. The feelings of loneliness would be actual waking emotions.
{your friend would represent some aspect about her that you identify with}.

Second possibility has to do with the deeper aspects. The health issues you mention may be at the root of this possibility. Instead of your boyfriend you are having difficulties with inner issues, your health problems. The old self {old clothes} are reminders of your past healthy self with the memories being in the bag. But perhaps the health issues are beginning to overtake you emotionally {immature man}. Your boyfriend in this instance would represent another masculine aspect. But I also suspect it represents his actual person. These health issues are making you sad, and lonely for those better days.

I suspect the combination of the two possibilities will fit best.

The second part of the dream. The close woman friend is probably you and the video is of your waking self in the present {serious health issues}. These problems are threatening to consume you. The tiger, being feminine, may pertain to the emotional aspect of the illness. But it has yet to do so {consume you} but the possibilities that it will are real. Being eaten in the dream by the tiger is how the dream depicts this emotional aspect, a warning of sorts.

Then the scene changes again. This part may be related to the deeper aspects. The little girl may be some new aspect in your life that you were expecting but it has not happened. Again the issue may be your actual health problems. You can see through thew walls but do not really know how to handle the situation. I suspect the part about your boyfriend may be dealing with that actual relationship, or something the two of you share {the room only we have access to}. The doctors and teachers may be dealing with the two different aspects. One is the actual health problems {and perhaps the boyfriend difficulties} and the other the learning experiences the emotions go along with the coping of the illness. Your boyfriend may also represent tow aspects, him self and your dwindling masculine self {that is incapable of handing the emotional part}. The once promising new ideas to life {the little girls} are attacking each other. This would be the conflicting emotions. You have yet to understand these emotions {nobody knows why} even though you are aware of what the possibilities are.

I sense the dream is dealing with your health issues and particularly the emotional aspects. If there is friction in your relationship with your boyfriend then it is probably also dealing with that aspect {which is contributing to the emotional toll}. The dream may be a warning to get control of the emotional issues before they alone overcome you and make the health issues worse. All the new possibilities {from your inner search} are threatened by the emotional toll also.
There is a thought if not a parable. If the illness doesn't kill you the emotions pertaining to it will. The extent of your illness may be the troublesome part of your emotional response. But it may be the emotional response that is lending itself to your illness. Does that fit?

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can gain more insights to the dream. I am interested in knowing more about the relationship with your boyfriend to determine the scope of its importance {if any} in the dream.

Gerard

Hi Gerard,thanks for taking the time to answer.I think your interpretation makes alot of sense for me.
First of all,as it came up in some other dreams the relationship with my boyfriend is not an easy one because my abandonment issues from childhood and his great need for independence(or fear of commitment??)create in my soul this cold feeling and pain.It is not HIS fault, he is just the way he is,but the combination of that and my issues create the pain.I know we always attract the person who will make us aware of our issues...He has the project to do a three and a half years meditation retreat(which on one hand I think is a very noble and good thing to do,but on the other hand makes me feel unloved and not important enough to him).This project will start in twelve months time.I am trying hard to work on letting go,but it is not so easy.Also as I am getting older and I would have liked to have my partner at my side.three and a half years is a long time without seeing each other and we probably will not connect when he comes out.We don't live together,only at the weekend .during the week he is working and living in a buddhist community.he is often quite cold,but he says that is because he gets blocked because of fear of getting hurt by emotions and he just closes down.yes I feel neglected,I feel I take care more of him than he of me.He always leaves a door open to escape.I think the young immature man is this side in him which makes me feel so neglected.He is working a lot on himself but sometimes I feel as if his process is so different(he is also eight years younger).The other day I had a very positive dreamwhere a a young man was coming to me and sweetly kissing me and holding me.I interpreted it as a meeting with my positive animus.A few days later my boyfriend and I had some profound heartfelt communications and he told me how much he loves me.So the problem is when he closes down and gets distant due to his fears(basically of being devoured or overpowered by my energy, or dominated as he says to me)But I am not especially dominating ,more the tender,caring,cuddling type.Maybe more on an intellectual level I am...
The health issue in the dream I think refers to my health and all the emotional stress and fear ofabandonment that is producing.Becuase the relationship is growing for the better and both are maturing and confronting our issues.So I wouldn't describe it as "sick".Painful,yes,but most gowthprducing relationships are,aren't they?
Where you are right is with the emotional power over me of the sickness and that you can get killed by that more than by the actual sickness.That really rang a bell,also my woman friend,the one eaten by the tiger in a video montage,(that means not really,)has the same problem and is very drammatic abour it.ok.this is the feed back.at the weekend I will get back to your interretationa and see if there is something more that clicks in me.I have to meditate first one what you said. All the best margit

Margit,
Yes, do give it more thought. Not so much as to validate the interpretation but to put things into perspective in your own mind. Although the dream is addressing current emotional stresses it is probably also addressing those abandonment issues from childhood. As the scene changes in your dream so does the aspects of your life that are being addressed, the deeper aspects. We are who we are primarily because of the nature and nurture of our childhood. To change the negatives of who are in the present, we must acknowledge and confront those issues from the past.

Your boyfriend seems to have a lot of such issues in his life. I am not sure how much good it will do to give 3 1/2 years of his life to meditation if there are unresolved scares left over from past experiences. Although I believe in the Buddhist approach more than I do a 'christian' approach to the inner search, the primary tool in dealing with that search is psychological. How much success can be gained from 'retreats' is up for debate but from my experiences with those who seek such counseling, they usually within time fall back on old negative habits. The aspects that need resolution still remain, the psychological turmoil has not been resolved. No amount of religion can solve those problems.
Just a passing thought as to your emotional stresses. Although much of it is from your health issues, it seems much of it is also caused by your boyfriend's attitude. Perhaps a separation will be a good thing in that it will let you examine your life without the stresses placed on you by that relationship. It may be a good time to examine not only your life without him for 3 1/2 years but also if it were permanent.

Gerard

gerard,thanks for answering;maybe you are right and the relationship is more stressful than I thought and a separation would be good.Strangely we had a big conflict (as you can read in my post the spanish princess and the shoes),where I explained the details I feel are connected to that other dream.Maybe our relationship is also sicker than I thought as you suggested in your interpretation.Any way he walked out,declared that I suffocate him and he needs some space.We went through this several times in our four year relationship and it makes my abandonment feeling so intense that I just spent all last night crying.I think there is just no solution as we are repeating patterns uncontollably even if I got the sensation that it was getting better.But now he compared me to a spider who is putting him in a trap,stealing his freedom and organizing his life...i won't go in details as I just posted a reply in the other post but it is very painful and I feel heart broken.as if all of a sudden his soul went elsewhere...best wishes margit

stats from 7-14-10 to the present