Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My boyfriend's family hates me.

The night before last night I had a dream that my boyfriend's family was having a party so I went to his house. Everyone in his family was there. I am really shy so I didn't talk to any of them. I guess they got mad and ended up hating me. He also had an Uncle Peter but he was really Casper the Ghost. And everyone and movie ratings on them like R and PG and that was the way I was supposed to tell their age. I later went and took a bath in his Mom's bedroom. lol weird.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Indiana

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: My boyfriend's family hates me.

Jessica,

The dream may describe noticing (unconsciously) a difference between your preference for observation, to not participate in social exchange due to shyness, and expectations of his family to be social and participate with family to fit in. Perhaps some starting point for a new (to you) experience for you in social relations with others. Perhaps shyness is a result of fear in dealing with others with consideration and avoiding giving offence. This could be similar to your or his mother’s personality aspect of shyness or that you rely on his mother to ease the social exchange with others.

Look forward to your thoughts on the dream and interpretation.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hmm this still doesn't really make since to me...

My apologies Jessica - I was unclear.

Do you fear your boyfriends family won't like you, so you don't talk or socialize much with them because you're afraid of offending them in some way? The movie age ratings would suggest a question of appropriate behaviour (your behaviour to them or their behaviour toward you). Probably you want them to like you, since they are your bf's family :) but maybe you're not sure how to act around them. And you take his mother's style as your own so you fit in? That's what the dream message SEEMS to be, but could be wrong...

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

I am scared that they won't like me because it has happened with another boyfriend before. I was so quiet that they thought I was stuck up so they ended up not liking me. I really just don't know what to say to them.
Thanks for the help.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present