Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Night terror?

I have had this dream three times. The first time I just woke up screaming and I felt like I was floating towards the ceiling and I couldn't breathe. My parents came in and I guess I said that it hurt. SO they took me to the hospital and they said I had a night terror. I didn't remember the dream at all. When I again had the dream I almost could remember it. But I woke up and felt like everything was enlarged and I couldn't breathe and felt like I was floating again. The last time I had this dream I remembered most of it. There were little kids running in a circle playing ring around the rosie and it was really creepy. I haven't had this dream in a really long time but I'd like to know what it means.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Indiana

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Night terror?

Jessica,
This dream could be about a deeply repressed traumatic experience coming to consciousness. If so it would be something that occurred about the time of the first dream. What age were you when you first had this dream - do you recall?

At this point this is a big guess - It may be a partial memory...did you nearly drown or witness a drowning when you were young & if so was it at a party?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thanks.

I think I was about twelve when this dream first happened.
And I did almost drown when I was littler.
But I don't think it was at a party.
Maybe because one of my family members saved me and I don't see them very often so they could have been there for a special reason.

Jessica,
Thank you for responding. Night terrors can be a symptom of repressed memory. This dream reads like the physical sensations of drowning...floating toward the ceiling (ceiling being the bottom), can't breathe and everything enlarged (sensation caused from lack of oxygen).

The children running in a circle playing ring around the rosie may have been a hallucination/memory recall during the drowning event.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thank you so much.
I think I understand it now.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present