Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my boyfriend has a nightmare about a demon

my boyfriend phoned me tonight and he has still not worked out if he wants to continue with the relationship as he loves me but feels he wants his freedom.he told me that he had a nightmare on saturday.he woke up screaming and had to sleep all night with the light on.he said he can't remember the dream but it was sort of very real powerful demon chasing or grapping him.

that worries me.most of all as I also feel I need some space and explained to him yesterday that I want to be on my own for a time as well.as a feedback:The day before the nightmare we met incidentally at a theatre festival.he was with firends and I was with a woman friend and greeted him but didn't pay him much attention which he isn't used to at all.
Loooking forward to your ideas.thanks margit

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 spain

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: my boyfriend has a nightmare about a demon

margit,
It sounds as if your boyfriends has his own inner demons to deal with. Perhaps he has been projecting some of these onto you and the relationship.

The need to keep a light on. That may be metaphorical of an inner requirement. But it may be pointing to something within his past, his childhood. The freedom he speaks of and seeks, it could very well be from those inner demons. If so, he is not in a very good position to offer you advice. He needs to determine what it is that is so powerful and is chasing him or grapping him. Is that a word he actually used, grapping? Could the word be grappling?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

he couldn't remember almost anything from the dream just that even when he woke up he felt very scared. and that he was screaming a lot until he woke up becuase he woke the other poeple in the house where he lives.He said he could feel a very sinister presence(not a usual thing in him as he is really down to earth).I don't remember if he said grapping or chasing after him or choking,he also didn't know very well.he said it was just horrible fear of something very evil. what does that mean?margit

hi,
i think gerards comments on inner demons are worth considering,
if your boyfriend senses a presence,on a psychological level, it belongs to him,its a part of his internal makeup,
it may be a metaphor for a state of insecurity and uncertainty,with ref to the relationship,
its easy to put the blame onto a demon,
not until a bond is broken ,is the bond truly felt,
perhaps he as gerard has stated has projected this shadow aspect onto you,and now he has to come to terms with this projection for himself,
just something extra to think about,
regards cave bear.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

thanks cavebear for your reply.yes,I think it is his inner demon of whatever it may represent.on top of that do I feel very much changed and free and was even able as he phoned two days ago that he was going on holiday alone to make my needs clear instead of feeling abandoned.He was quite shocked as in the last four years it was me who sort of"kept the campfire aive" and he was the one who complained about lack of space and never really comitted.I am surprised how well I feel on my own and for the time being I want to stay so.I suppose that is completely new to him and sort of mutual projections have been retired.
I am doing work with my animus and had a very funny experience a few days ago when i was out with a woman friend and a young guy came and sweetly tried to flirt with me.I felt attracted,but could really "see" how I projected my animus on him and what enticed me was not this really young guy but the projection.For me it is a real step forward as I have always fallen for the young immature not committing kind of man.So I saw him as a simple manifestation of my own male energy and that was very interesting and freeing and sort of beautiful becuase "he "is always with me.
Even my physical symptoms thru the last months have got better.I think the best thing is to stay away for some time from my boyfriend and do my own thing and let him work out his.margit

stats from 7-14-10 to the present