Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
in my friend's dream

I have to share this dream of a friend of mine. We work in the same office and have a very friendly relationship. I am a senior and she is a junior, but we both work hard. Although she is good at her job, she has not received the proper recognition. While I just yesterday got a promotion and also a very generous bonus for a task I completed and I told her. Today she came telling me this dream of hers:

“The boss, you and I are in a strange house. He comes and kisses you in the mouth, and I was shocked. I wasn’t shocked because of you, but because of him. How can he do this to his wife?”

I suppose the dream tells that she is very involved at the moment with my raise and my promotion. But what does a romantic kiss mean in her dream? Is it symbolic? Or a reflection of her assumptions in real life? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: in my friend's dream

in a dream "a kiss is just a kiss" in hollywood and in song. In a dream this is not always so. She may just feel that you have a closer relation to him than she does.

In some cases a kiss brings life to another. She may be replaying the promotion as a kiss in her dream because it gives you life of sorts as you are benefitting from the impression you have made on him.

Her being shocked about the betrayal to his wife might be symbolic of him having a higher duty to other things rather than favoring you so openly.

I think she is trying to adjust to this. Its a good thing for everyone. Her sub is helping her base urges which make her competitive.

Maybe right now it seems to her like there isn't a lot of room for others to make progress. This is not necessarily because of you , but maybe the company just doesn't have the capacity.

Then again, she may be picking up that he has ulterior motives too: she could be right or wrong about this.

Its hard to interpret a dream on heresay. The person that had the dream should be posting and she should do so in privacy, so that she is not afraid to express her feelings and make the proper adjustments once she becomes aware of her feelings.

THe sub sometimes is like a wild animal trying to unleash itself. It is not always determinant of what a rational, aware person wants to do. so, just caus eshe dreams it, does not mean she will act on it. Sometimes that is the purpose of a dream.

You can't hold someones sub against them. Hold their conscious behaviour against them.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Hi Carlos,

thank you for your thoughts. They all make sense, but as you say, the dreamer herself should be posting in order for this process to be helpful. She does not use this forum and has little relation to psychology, although she has good intuition and is very intelligent.

Thanks again for the insights,

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Carlos,

I want to add some input to your interpretation given my point of view. I am not the dreamer, but I know some of the background information, and I am involved in this part of the dreamer's life:-)

"She may just feel that you have a closer relation to him than she does... She may be replaying the promotion as a kiss in her dream because it gives you life of sorts as you are benefitting from the impression you have made on him." I believe this is a correct interpretation.

Your thoughts about her trying to adjust to this through the unleashing of the sub, are so right on.

"Maybe right now it seems to her like there isn't a lot of room for others to make progress. This is not necessarily because of you , but maybe the company just doesn't have the capacity." I think it has been also my case, until this month, when I was promoted. The company lacks the capacity - it is a correct assumption.

"Then again, she may be picking up that he has ulterior motives too: she could be right or wrong about this." I think she consciously knows this is not the case. What strikes me is that I have had similar dreams in the last months. I dreamt of him kissing me.
In real life, I think the two of us (the boss and I), play a dominance game, where I leave him reign in his domain. The results of the "game" have created a mutual trust and respect and a "I read your thoughts" state, which I think creates the confusion on how to name the feelings between us. My colleague certainly perceives this intuitively and she is confused too I guess.
More interesting, is that she and I recently have discussed on future plans for setting up our own company! Anyway, sorry if some content is not directly related to the dream. She had to be part of this interpretation, but she doesn't know, and I should probably stop using this as a way to gain more insights for myself.

Thanks for your patience,

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29

stats from 7-14-10 to the present