Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
strange dreams during a "nap"

Hi guys!

This morning I woke early to study for an exam in statistics. After falling asleep trying to study, I decided to go back to sleep for 15 minutes. During that time I experienced some strange dreams. One I woke up in my dream, but I couldn't see or move, I tried to open my eyes and they wouldn't open. I got scared and tried to force myself awake and I was able to wake up, realizing the previous "paralyzing experience" was a dream.
I went back to sleep and dreamt of my mother-out-law (MOL) (my ex-husbands mother). She died around Easter this year. In the dream she was finding and getting seated at some kind of stage event, and was sitting with Don Rickles (the old comedian famous for put-downs). She was happy and I remember thinking what a treat to see her again, I called her name and she turned to me and smiled and said "what are we doing here?" and when I tried to talk with her more, calling her name, she kept looking off toward Don Rickles ignoring me calling her name. I woke up.
Thanks for reading and considering my dream.

Lisa

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: strange dreams during a "nap"

Lisa,
While 'nap dreams' are often different that 'sleep dreams', they do tend to express what is on the mind of the dreamer. Studying for an exam, even though you may not feel any difficulties with your studies, may be at the core of your nap siesta. Forcing yourself to study may be the underlying cause.

The second dream could also be due to your exam studies. Instead of concentrating on what needs to be done, there is the desire for a different aspect instead, laughter. Your mother-'out'-law may represent your older and wiser self. Studying is normally something you do when you are younger, and something you rather not do when you get older. Why the inclusion of Don Rickles {he is a favorite of mine also} is probably due to personal reasons. His inclusion could be that to be taken funny he must not be taken seriously {he is a comedian who picks on his audience}. Ignoring the studies {your ex MIL}
may mean not taking them seriously or serious enough

As I stated earlier, naps are often different from normal sleep dreams. They are able to tune in to the more current emotional forces, 'in the present', {studying for an exam} but do not normally address deeper issues that occur during nighttime dreams.

The question you may ask yourself; would you rather be doing something else than studying for this exam? Or are you taking your studies serious enough attention? If the answer is you are not, then that could be the message of the nap dream.

Don Rickles

with Richard Lewis and Frank Sinatra

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,

It's the middle of summer, of course I would rather be doing other things besides school. I do take my studies rather seriously, and maybe it was a guilty consience trying to rouse me from my nap and back to studying?

What about the first dream, any thoughts about that?

Lisa

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, pa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Lisa,
I woke up in my dream, but I couldn't see or move, I tried to open my eyes and they wouldn't open. I got scared and tried to force myself awake and I was able to wake up, realizing the previous "paralyzing experience" was a dream.

This dream does seem to be addressing a deeper issue but could merely be a nap dream which promotes urgency, where there is no real urgency {such as the need to study}. If it were a nighttime dream the intent of the dream would be one of addressing a past 'paralyzing experience', something that you may have repressed. Is there such an experience, something traumatic in your past that you have not properly addressed? If so then this may be the intent of the dream; waking you up to this past experience so you can put it in its proper place {the past experience}.

If not then look to the first explanation. I have had nap dreams that tended to over emphasis a subject although there was no real urgency.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Well dreams to me exist in the here and now. Drea,ms often replay and work through events that have just happened. So if the only thing that happened when you were awake was revise then its likely that the dream relates to thoughts going throuigh your mind during that time period. Try putting the dreamn together. the dream features put downs and motjher in laws. The dream thus is probably going through yiour own negative feelings about the exam. that yiou are perhaps feeling neagtive and expecting failure and this put downs

Dream dictionary

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 north yorkshire

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

You wanted to wake up early to study but then let yourself fall back to sleep. So your spiritual guardian decided to let you feel what it is like to want to wake up but not be able to. This was supposed to increase your desire for staying awake to study.

But you fell asleep again so your guardian showed you she was busy and didn't want to take you to the dream worlds.

She appeared as a deceased person, which is to represent that she is a person on the other side of the veil between this world and the next. And she was busy getting positioned to watch the stage show of earth life beside a man who puts people down as his profession.

This is all to say that she has finished looking after you in the dream worlds for the night and she is now positioning herself next to the earth guard to watch you do your thing on the earth.

Each person has a positive and a negative angel with them, or an angel and a devil. The devil is the earth guard and the one that tones down spiritual consciousness so that the earth world remains as a hard school and not a heaven.

Your guardian was showing you that she was busy positioning herself next to the negative one in order to observe earth life.

At night the negative one stays with the body while the positive one takes the soul to the dream worlds and beyond. Whenever the soul returns to the body the positive one has to seat herself beside the negative one to watch the soul experience the earth school.

When you went back to sleep the second time your guardian showed you she is a person on the other side of the veil, or a spiritual person, and she was busy trying to get seated to watch the stage show of earth life besides a negative entity.

She said "What are we doing here", and that meant you were not supposed to be there.

When you tried to talk to her she kept looking at the negative one and ignored you.
This is because on the earth the positive angels have to be very conscious of the negative ones all the time and can't interact with their human souls as much as they'd like to.

So all together you were being prompted to stay awake for study and not fall to sleep where your guardian would have to once again take charge of you.

Some Tibetan lamas believed that if one falls to sleep during the day the negative guards get them, so they always try to stay awake.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

Re: Re: strange dreams during a "nap"

Thank you for your interpretations. I managed to get an A in that statistics class!

Lisa

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 PA, USA

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present