Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
opposing boss

My boss, a few colleagues and I are having a meeting in the long table at the meeting hall. I am explaining my work, and my boss interrupted me twice yelling that he didn't expect I made changes to it. I started to feel stressed out, I couldn't even read out. When I was finished, he sat beside me together and his father was also sitting next to me. Then the boss said: elona, you should really do smth about your voice, because it is disturbing, go somewhere and fix it.
I replied with force by saying that I had done hundreds of presentations and lectures and everybody loved it. Yes, he said, but still your voice is disturbing. I felt so bad and I was about to start crying. I left the place without greeting anyone, called my colleague and said her I needed to see her.

thanks!

elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: opposing boss

You have feelings of unworthiness, and inadequacies that run deep into your sub. this may be the reason your boss is behaving that way in your dream. A part of you is trying to inhibit you and keep you from achieving the self respect and love of self that we all want.
You and your sub didn't agree on your voice. Your voice is an expression of your self. YOu seem to think it is ok, while your boss feels it is not. Something within you is trying to make you feel ashamed of yourself. And according to you, it is his figure in your dream that is wrong because your voice has never been a problem.

One other thing that might be of importance is that it was the sound of your voice. For the most part we can do very little about that. SO, the part of you that is trying to cause you to shirk and cringe and doubt yourself has chosen to make you feel ashamed of something that you have very little control over. It is in essence unjustified, and you have a vague sense of this in the dream.

At work is something making you feel uncomfortable about yourself?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: opposing boss

Hi Carlos, thank you for your interpretation. It was very interesting. At first, I did not agree very much, but after reading it twice, I felt most of it was relevant.
It may be true about my feelings of unworthiness and inadequacies - I have lately thought about that. I also believe it is me that rules me, thus not letting me progress and grow.

I really think I do well in my job, but my sub does not agree. My roots in poverty and inaccessability make me feel like I will never achieve something in life, despite my continuous efforts. On the other hand, I have all the potential and I also demonstrate it in many occasions. I have fear of audiences, when in fact I am very good at public speaking and a very passionate speaker. I have good ideas, but my fears keep me from showing them especially in front of authorities.

Thank you for your valuable input. I appreciate it.

Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

stats from 7-14-10 to the present