Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tiger attacking bear

So far I've recently had a few dreams with a tiger/ tigers in them. For some reason the last two dreams have continuously been on my mind. One-in which i vaguely remember- was seeing a tiger running or chasing after something but i'm not sure. I think i was a little afraid..
I remember more of the last part of the other dream:
I remember being inside a room at night with the lights on, slightly dim, orange. I was facing a big opened window, but saw nothing but darkness except for a big bear that stood outside in front of me (a mirrored image perhaps?) It was this big round bear face that covered most of the window. The bear had no expression on it's face, just this blankness.. as if vulnerable maybe, but all with an eerie feel nonetheless. After seeing the bear's expression I realize there was a tiger around that frightened me, it was behind the bear and leaped to put it's mouth as much as it could over the bear's head to bite. I think that's when i noticed that my view wasn't "upclose" anymore and i was more distant. I think I might've had in my mind the thought to try and avoid being ripped apart by the tiger.

Does anyone have any thoughts they can share with me on what this dream could be about? Thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21, California, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Tiger attacking bear

you may have a battle raging within you as to remain alone (bare) or let you feminine savagery loose to puonce on and consume its desire.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

simply put, but amazing. your interpretation could very well be it, as it defines exactly one of the things i'm struggling with. the only problem is that i feel there's something else.. but such things the heart can only wish to touch. thank you for your reply

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21, California, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

hi,
this dream conflict could very well be,
one of the conscious ego self (the tiger),may even relate to sexual desire,
verses, the unconscious (the bear)the inner self,
both creatures can represent powerful archetypal energies,
which do you see yourself as ,a tiger or a bear?
obviously the tiger has dominance at the moment,
it may also be worth looking at the idea of the tiger being a ref to a mother complex,
ie something that you are attatched to that is stopping you from being yourself,
just a few things for you to ponder,
regards cavebear aka steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Ash,
In addition to great insights by carlos and cavebear the following may be relevant.

In your dream bear and tiger may hold opposite meanings as archetypal symbols. The bear as strength and durability, lastingness through the ages, masculine trait; the tiger an agent of change and influence, as weakening strength or control, feminine trait. In the house, lights on, slightly dim, orange all indicate inner awareness yet lacking full conscious clarity and knowledge. The open window/pseudo reflection says symbolically you are the bear, you possess qualities of strength and durability. Fear, tiger and sudden attack to the bear head would then symbolize fear of sudden intense change or influences would create a lasting affect to strength and durability. This fear acts as a restraint prohibiting any influences that would result in change, even positive change.

To venture a guess, fear that original Self would be lost by way of numerous small and/or large sudden influences. If so, while restraint is necessary, too much can result in lack of personal growth and missed opportunity. When facing change applying rational (head) analysis and logic (masculine traits) first rather than emotion (tiger, fear, feminine traits), and adding intuition (feminine) to the process to balance the masculine can lead to positive progression by evaluating what change is or is not appropriate for you. Eschewing all change leads to becoming ‘set in your ways’ and immobility, lack of personal growth which then leads to decay and/or regression. We see numerous ‘older’ people who’ve become set in their ways with their personal growth stopped. They’ve closed the window to new ideas and thoughts and as a result the once growing tree full of life and creativity becomes as stiff and unmovable as the petrified tree…barren and fruitless.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present