Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
high mountain and angry

Hi, last night I had this dream which puzzles me.
As a background:
I want to go to a spiritual event in france but it is a lot of effort for me but I think it is a good thing to do.
Today in the afternoon I am meeting with my boyfriend for the first time after one month of temporal seperation.
the dream seems prophetic.How do you know that it is just a reflection of your own fears and not prophetic?
My boyfriend seems to want to be in the relationship now.I set some limits now so that I might not again become so dependent on him affirming more my own space and independence and freedom.
this is the dream:
I am on a really high mountain looking for a spiritual event. The Karmapa(a high spiritual teacher) is coming to a distant place in the high mountains.I am there with my boyfriend waiting for him or registering for the event. They tell me that they won’t have the Karmapa visiting because it is too cold there. I feel disappointed.
And ask where and when he comes.
My boyfriend goes off meditating for the whole dAY. I feel angry and express that anger to a woman friend. I tell her that we had only that one day to be together and he is so inconsiderate to just leave for his own thing.I feel rage.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46,Spain

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: high mountain and angry

hi to everybody, I just want to say a surprising thing about this dream and about my question about if it could be prohetic or is only fear based.at the time of the dream i was registering for a Buddhist course in France(not with the Karmapa but with another very important lineage teacher similar to the Karmapa).I never thought they would cancel the course but two days ago I received news that it is suspended because this Lama had health problems and can't travel just now.It was a really big event with more than thousand people.So the funny thing is that this part of the dream seemed to be prophetic somehow.Or maybe could be also just my unconscious fear it got cancelled and it was a a coincidence that it was cancelled or maybe both.What do you think?

Margit,
The cancellation was probably just a co-incidence. Unless you had waking notions, something that suddenly came up that made you think for an instance that there would be changes in the meeting. The dream is most likely addressing your emotional attitudes toward your boyfriend, with the spiritual course a backdrop. It you will take the dream and compare it to your current emotional life, especially that to do with your boyfriend, I believe you come up with a reasonable explanation to the dream.

Remember. Dreams compensate, and seldom predict.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

mmmm,I don't usually have prophetic dreams so it might be a simple coincidence...
The feeling towards my boyfriend in the dream doesn't fit with waking life now,because both of us are working on and aware of our old patterns and i feel quite satisfied with the present situation.Maybe it is just all about fear of falling back into the old pattern or rests of it.Don't know....well,let's see how it all flows...what do you exactly mean by compensation?Could you explain that a bit more?Thanks for answering Gerard.All the best Margit

Margit,
Here is a good resourse page that will help explain some of Jung's theories. Compensation is at the end of the page.
Introduction to Jung Dream Analysis and Interpretation

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

thanks,now I got it what compensation means.margit

Margit,
The more time I spend working with dreams the more important I find it necessary to stay with the basic fundamentals of Jungian psyche. Although there are always variations to every possibility {I never dismiss any possibility, no matter how detached it may be from Jung} working within the framework Jung set out most always leads to the best determination.

Another thing to keep in mind.
Within every Jungian, there is a bit of Freud.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present