Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My musical influences and another girl

Last night i was dreaming about me meeting the members of nofx because they are doing a show here next week. I dreamt i was talking to fat mike about his life and then we were going to have dinner together.
When i sat down at the table, i got a place beside this beatiful girl and it was love at first sight, we talked for a long time, idont remember what we talked about... anyways.. after a while we left the dinner and went out, it was winter outside but not cold.. i only wore a shirt and shorts.. we sat down on a sled and went down a long hill covered with ice we came to the bottom and then my alarm clock woke me up at 9.15 this morning, i fell asleep again for about 20 minutes and i found myself looking for this girl again but couldnt find her before i woke up.

now, im wondering, what did the guys from NOFX do in my dream... and i already have girlfriend so i want to know what it means to dream about another girl and fall so hard in love with her?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 trondheim/norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: My musical influences and another girl

It could be a warning that the captivating excitement and initial warmth of the night will lead you to disregarding the danger of the cold by not taking a jacket or coat, and then at the end of the event you may discover that the temperature has gone down a long way and you are in danger.

'Fat Mike' could represent the idea that 'fat is a protective layer against the cold' to some degree and so during the event things will be warm and comfortable for you.

It's like you are being seduced by the excitement that Fat Mike & NOFX bring with them, and you forget that you have responsibilities and a life of your own to protect, signified by the fact that you fell for a new female instead of being faithful to the one you have.

So my guess is that the dream is a symbolic warning that you are in danger of being seduced by the night to the degree that you forget to take protective clothing; and so when the night is over you could find you are caught in the cold.

http://www.instatravel.org/entry/norway-the-worlds-best-country-to-live/

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

thanks for teh response man, i got some of it but not everything.. the nofx part of the dream i thought was just fun i just dont understand where the girl came into the picture.. i love my girlfriend and wold never cheat on her or anything.... after the drem i had a very weird day and i dont know why.. i´ve had way more freaky dreams than that but never given it a second thought when i wake up... is there are reason that i let this dream circle around in my head all day?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

well I have had beautiful girl dreams and they can link not to girls but to beautiful moods. Its a symbol. Something beautiful is symbolic of something very beautiful and appealing

Dreamns tend to tabulate some stroing fantasies. They show you working through your motivations. Its not so much as fantasy but rather positive thinking about the future. The happy nature of the dream nshows that you went to bed feelking positive about this gig and having all kinbds opf feelings about how well it would go. It juts reqally shows that you are feeling happy and positive. But dreams tabulate immediate moods. So when you wake up a second time that positive edge may have warn off. The first drea,m suymnbolises positive feelings and the second perhaps drawes you back to reality. Tellinfg nort to get carried away with the fantasies

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 scarborough

..."is there are reason that i let this dream circle around in my head all day?"

It's probably because of the connection you made with the woman. That would override all other aspects of the dream for a while.

Whenever I'm given dreams involving romance I spend all day thinking about the romance and then later that evening the actual message of the dream hits me, and I realize I had been sidetracked by the romantic aspect and overlooked a broader message.

This also happens in other dreams where my buttons are pushed and I spend all day reacting to my own buttons and miss the bigger picture.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

you may be looking for some moment of epiphany through NOFX and and indulgence, but something with in you is telling you that this will not happen. You will end up seeking again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

I read in my girlfriends dream dictionary and tried to go through every aspect of the dream and to me it seems Nofx was in my dream because i play in bands myself and i want to get somwhere with it and try to suck in the info the guys in nofx tells me and the girl is im trying to find is the recognition i want for my music.... does that make any sense to you?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 trondheim/norway

janR,
From the additional information you provided the woman in your dream could represent your creative muse.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

thanks for all the response.
but i still find myself looking for the girl in my dreams and its been over 48 hours since i had the dream... even though im not in love with her in my awake life is there a possibility that she exists and she is looking for me and we had the same dream that night?

no

janR,
I have to admit I needed to 'Google' NOFX to find out who they are. One thing is clear, it ain't no christian rock band.
Anyways...

Two possibilities I want to put forth.

One. Could the dream be addressing 'inner' issues? Perhaps personality/persona issues?
Don't take the dream as literal. The probabilities are the girl represents your anima. The personality issue struck me with 'it was winter outside but not cold.. i only wore a shirt and shorts'.
This could suggest there is something 'on the outside' that you may feel to be out of the normal, perhaps to do with habits, or appearance, traits, or security issues.

And then hanging with the band. Issues to do with acceptance, importance, or even a bit of rage {isn't the band a bit anti-establishment?}.

Again, don't take the dream literal. What you are looking for may be within yourself.

This beautiful girl aspect you possess needs your attention. Read the link on anima/animus and see if you can make any connections.

Also
The 9.15 could represent a universal symbol for wholeness, self assured, confident, handsome, successful, spiritual, creative. 9. 1+5 = 9.6.....69. yin and yang united. By remedying the beautiful girl issue, yin uniting with yang, you wil be whole, a harmoneous life. There may be something that is lacking, feminine aspect, that would make you whole, happy.
Which leads to the other possibility.

You may not be as happy with your girlfriend and deep down you wish to meet that perfect girl. You are in a relationship but inside you are still searching. There does seem to be some security issues {self assurance, esteem, etc} to do with the matter.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thanks again for response...

i know they arent a christian band, but i like up tempo punkrock or skatepunk if you will... it gives me energy.

I´ve just got out of bed 20 minutes ago... last night i dreamt of music again
and nofx was there again but they went away pretty quickly i sat in a hut with a friend of mine and he was reading a ernie comic book. there were no walls on the hut so it was more like a huge shed, and my friend told me to look up towards the wood and there was these 2 huge poles in the ground and on the top of them where to big arrows pointing right and left then i woke up, but with a feeling of relief
i felt much lighter today than the 2 past days

you may feel you are living a simple, rudimentary life; Despite that have choices and no boundaries holding you back. You maybe finding some direction in life.

allright... thanks for all the help i understand most of it but not all..... i feel good today, and its gonna be a good day too even if it rains and its getting colder outside and im hungover... but i dont care... going to studio with the rest of the band and finish the rest of the new record.... have a drink with my friends and be happy
thank you all again for the response

i actually never thought there was so much behind a dream until a few days ago

stats from 7-14-10 to the present