Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
divorced parents getting married

Last night i had a dream that my divorced parents had become married again behind my back. I dreamed that they had some sort of maybe buddhist healing ceremony at the marriage and that my mother was wearing purple. I dreamed that they or mum (cant remember which) were telling me about it and i think my aunty and some other relatives were there. I think i was worried about it and asked are you sure this is a good idea? I asked to see mum alone and i said are you sure you did this for the right reasons? Did you get married again because you were just lonely not because you love dad? In waking life they are divorced and seeing other people and i dont think it would be good for them to get back together the same as in my dream. but from what i have read the dream may not be about them but about aspects of myself. am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this dream. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Alina

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Melbourne

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: divorced parents getting married

Hi Alina

Characters in dreams tend to reflect aspects of ourselves, Men tend to represent some thinking process, belief systems that we have forms of behaviour and attitudes, where as females will portray our feeling or intuitional self. Dream symbolism plays itself out in a way which our inner energies are at work within, dreams reflect our sense of harmony and conflict.

Your dream tends to highlight this sense of possibly past inner conflict between the mother and father principles of your own energies 'divorced' and the healing ceromony that has taken place, the harmonising of these two inner principals 'marriage'.

To understand how this all relates to you, one must delve into how you carry these simialr energies that your mother and father both represent to you, generally speaking the mother represents the ways we nurture ourselves, in a dream our mothers reflect our own self love and acceptance, growing up with a mother whose qualitys was caring and patient, and able to meet our needs will be reflected in the way we are able to give to ourselves, and our ability to accept ourselves, however growing up with a mother that would become irritable with our behaviour, or shouted and yelled at us would again reflect later in life in the way we treated ourselves, to put it another way as we grow and indivdulise we begin to internalise our own mothers and fathers.

In addition to this our parents can also represent our higher masculine and feminine energies, which your dream also portrays, mother wearing purple robe, the colour purple is of quite a high vibration the marriage representing some inner union between these two energies within, to create in the world we need indulge both our feminine and masculine energies, our feminine being our receptive self where we bring in the higher vibrations of love and creativity, our intuitional spark, and our masculine element is our acting or doing behaviour, which we use to carry out and do in response to the feminine.

Your dream again suggest that a level of healing has taken place within and there is some harminsation between your own energies, this union however has impacted on you whereby you feel uncomfortable at the moment, your questioning seems to reflect a fear you have around this marriage.

These are just some ideas to ponder on hope they help

Best marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

Thanks for the interpretation Marce,
I appreciate anothers perspective on this.

My mother used to be fairly harsh and i considered her to be quite unreasonable, I consider myself and my father to be the ones who were more reasonable and approachable. She was a very stubborn person. so Im not sure if thats what she represents to me. on the other hand the qualities of intuition and ability to nurture oneself are qualities i believe i have developed in myself which you say are considered to be feminine qualities. Im not sure if this has much to do with it but i have felt in the past that i have something against the mother archetype probably from my experience of a difficult to get along with an emotionally abusive mother. So maybe that is where my fear comes in. That if i cooperate with this energy represented by mother that i will be harmed by it or something.

Even though i had trouble with my mother, i did learn to nurture myself towards the end of and after the teen years. so maybe i am able to cooperate with feminine energy but have some reservations about it.

As for the father archetype i have a much more positive relationship with it yet i still see myself as being more intuitive (but not really creative) rather than thinking. I wonder if my conflict was about valuing the more masculine thinking side of me more than the intuitive feminine side while i had a tendency to be more intuitive/feminine.

I guess one has to find a balance between the two energies.

I think i have in recent years more valued the feminine/intuitive aspects of myself. maybe the marriage means these energies are more in harmony with each other than they were.

do you think the fact that my mother was wearing purple is emphasising my need for connection with the feminine? and there was a healing ceremony, perhaps that was to try and heal the rift i have with feminine energy. the fact that they get married behind my back might be something to do with that the cooperation of these energies are happening beneath my conscious awareness of it to. I dont know,

thankyou for your response it has sparked some ideas in me.

Alina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Hi Alina

Thanks for your response and sorry its taken a while to get back to you
It sounds like you have been able to unravel the meaning of your dream to some extent in your reply you wrote

"I think i have in recent years more valued the feminine/intuitive aspects of myself. maybe the marriage means these energies are more in harmony with each other than they were"

Yes absolutly your mother dressed in a purple robe in your dream is highly significant and indicates the level of your own feminine energies, in relation to self nurture and receptivity, Purple as in light has a higher and spiritual demeanour than what say red orange and yellow have which are considered to be physical energies they have a slightly lower vibration.

Higher qualities of emotion feeling and thought those qualities which one could say are more noble in a human being are associated to a certain light/colour ie self acceptance, love, peace, and clarity of thought.

Whereas lower emotions and thinking associate more with denser light vibrations ie dark murky colours colours that dont have any light, black, brown grey and tend to be associated with judgement, fear, shame etc

So your dream does suggest that a significant amount of healing is/has taken place in relation to your own feminine self bringing in to relationship your spiritual self and higher ways of feeling, and accepting these characteristics in self 'marriage' harmony.

Good luck with everthing Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Thankyou for that extra information and interpretation marce. You have helped me understand the dream much more than i would have on my own:)

thanks,

Alina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present