www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    dark haired mysterious man

Last night I dreamt that I had gone out to eat by myself and this dark haired mysterious looking man kept staring at me. I ignored him and ate my meal..then left the restaurant. As I was driving down the road, I noticed in my mirror that he was following me so I wanted to lose him and for him not to see where I live. I pulled up at a 7-11 store and that is when he drove past me. I went in the store and hung around in there awhile then cautiously left. I got home and was inside about five minutes when my phone rang and there was no one on the other end. I called up one of my friends and they said to me, "hey did you hear about the serial killer they are looking for? I said, "no! then my friend started to describe him and sounded just like the guy in the restaurant. I turned on the tv then heard the same thing at night..I got nervous and made myself some coffee so I could stay up later at night and see what else they had to say on the news about this guy...after this..I woke up..dream ended..what could all this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: dark haired mysterious man

Well dreams can mean lots of things. But try to simplify the dream to one simple thought process. The dream deals with a theme. It could be summed up in thefollowing way

"I had some doubts about this. Things can go so easily wrong."

So try to see how that phrase fits in with the previous day or the frame of mind that you are in now.

DREAM DICTIONARY

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 scarborough

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

If you have been trying to make a dramatic change in yoursself, the serial killer is some aspect of yourself seeking to undermine that.

Or, it could be that since Serial killers are not always bad, at least in the dream world. If you are making a thorough change in yourself, a serial killer could depict that many aspects of you have been killed off. Meaning you are successful in what you wanted to achieve. But, the old system of being, is fighting back to continue to exist. Sometime it is convenience that causes us to remain idle and never try to change for the better: convenience store 7-11.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hi Connie

Eating at restaurants usually indicate ways in which we feed ourselves, self acceptance, self nurturance,, being in the space of the restaurant and the particular scene is imagery your psyce is using to portray to you what is happening inside at a mental emotional level.

Eating by your self seems to reflect that there is an element of being alone, that is to say an element in your day to day self 'dream ego' is alone, not necessary beacuse you may or may not be alone in life but we can have a hundred people around us and still be alone sometimes, the cause for this however is not because of your external situation but more to do with how your own male energy, which gives rise to suspicion and possibly mistrust, in others.

The male in your dream dark hair likley represents an attitude or form of behaviour that you carry within an unconscious trait which affects how you feel in your self, it seems to create some sense of isolation, thats the overall sense of what your dream portrays.

However where ever you go this male energy will follow you it is a part of you regardless even if your not properly aquainted with it 'mysterious'.

Again the 'noticing in your mirror' 'following you' metaphors for ways possibly you choose to become aquainted with this energy is seeing it in the mirror of the people you meet in your every day life, do men you meet/know reflect some of this quality of energy mysterious something your not quite connected to, which again may give rise to not undersatnding them or possibly trusting them, your call there......

Pulling up to a 7-11 both thewse numbers have spiritual significance and seems to be a safe house of sorts while you get to grips with how to deal with this situation that is causing you to become a little alarmed, here it is good again to note that this situation is one that is internal that is its happening within your 'within'.

What seems to be happening for you now and your dream is bringing your awarness to is how you are creating these inner situations whether triggered by an external meeting in your social life or hwether you just dont feel generally safe in your waking life, proceeding with caution in the things that you do, all has to do with your own male energy.

The phone call you make to your friend seems to be a connection to another aspect of your awreness which helpful and symbollically you are told that this is a serial killer, ie its happened before this isnt something new for you, and the killer is my guess that this is how you an be quite harsh towards your own feelings, which ties back into the self acceptance and self norishment at the start.

Where are you being hard on yourself, for being alone?
    Feeling alone? your dream highlights the need to become more aquainted with your own male energy bring him into the light of day and see him for what he truly is......

Just some ideas to ponder and of course only my limited view into your dream.

Best of luck to you marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

Thanks bobby, carlos and marce..I believe all of you had said something that got my attention. Thanks lots....Connie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present