Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Repetitive Nightmares w/ sleep paralysis

I have had in the past few years scary dreams with a common theme. They all happen soon after i begin to fall asleep for a nap or if i wake up in the middle of the night, soon after i start to fall back asleep. They happen in that state where you just start to fall asleep but you are still aware of surroundings, sounds, light changes.

The last one I had just woken up and was tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. Finnally i get comfortable and start to dose off when something attracts my attention, a presence. I open my eyes and theres a black shadow flash in front of me very fast. Instantly i am paralyzed and engulfed in fear as it feels like something is attempting to possess me and i struggle and struggle to wake up and get rid of it. After about thirty seconds it stops and i am left very afraid.

All the other nightmares have had the same feeling of fear and paralysis because something was trying to possess me.

Rather than know what is happening i want to know how i can work through these events. I write down dreams in a journall all the minor details i can remember, it has made me successful at having a few lucid dreams when i notice i am dreaming, but in these events i have absolutely no control.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21, NC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Repetitive Nightmares w/ sleep paralysis

tim,

The Univ of Waterloo – Sleep Paralysis (click to open site) web site will likely answer many of your questions about Sleep Paralysis. It contains in depth information about SP, the 'dreams' that accompany SP, and preventing and coping with SP.

I understand you requested information on working through the SP event during the event however current scientific research focuses on preventing SP events, likening them to hallucinations rather than dreams. With your repeated waking at night, trouble returning to sleep, naps, it sounds as if your sleep pattern is disturbed due to experiencing anxiety and/or stress. Stress and/or anxiety are noted influences contributing to SP...

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Repetitive Nightmares w/ sleep paralysis

that sounds like a hypnogogic or hypnopompic dream. sometimes they are due to sleep apnea and sometimes it is due to stress and depression.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present