www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Couples

Hi everybody!

Since my last dream I haven't had an dreams that I could recall properly, and then out of the blue I had this one. I would love any ideas on this dream, it's a bit complex.

Thanks, May

I am driving a car. I'm calling an former male colleague on my old outdated Nokia mobile. He meets my dad and my dad tells him that I had a car, because that's what my colleague is asking my dad about, but my dad describes my first car to him which is old rather than my new one so my colleague gets the wrong idea and thinks I lied to him. Then he turns into a little boy sitting in my dads lap while my dad is reading him a story and he kisses my dad affectionately.

Then I'm at a clinic assisting a psychologist. A woman walks in and she is being mistreated by her husband. She starts to tell her story and breaks down in the middle of it and leaves suddenly. Her father comes in after her and tries to tell the story of his daughter and her husband then reaches a point where he can't go on and suddenly stops and leaves. The scene repeats. This time after the second scene the psychologist says the woman's father abused her and that's why he can't keep talking. He's not ready to face it. The woman is married to a man like her father.

I start talking about how I have a friend whose husband reminds me of that patient's father.

A tall thin young man in a red tee shirt suddenly appears and beckons us. He interupts me and leads us into a restaurant into a mall.

Suddenly my husband is driving now and he turns to stare at a woman in the passenger seat in the car next to him. He just stares and stares at her out of attraction for far too long. minutes and minutes. We all notice and he doesn't care abut my feelings, is ignoring me in fact. I am really really angry.

Now we are walking through a mall. My husband is holding tons of shopping bags and we pass a women's clothing store for plus sizes but he doesnt want me to go in there and I didn't want to anyway. The store is called Diva and we walk past it. I am caressing his chest and other parts of him when I notice his heart is beating really fast, too fast and I'm afraid he is angry at me for something and will lash out and hurt me.

On a talk show there is a couple and the guy is so sweet and affectionate to the girl that we think he is gay.

My brother and I are watching tv and he seems sedated. I check on him once to see if he's ok, try to wake him.

My parent's house has a whole new area, its like an entire house got added on. It looks so different the only way I recognize its their house is because I can see the neighbors house out the window. There is an extra large king size bed and extra entrances. I'm showing it to my colleague butworried about people breaking in. Then I go down into the backyard to help my mom pick up stuff because I think a storm is approaching and we have to get ready.

Wow! That was a lot. Sorry that its so long but I'm really really interested in what this might mean.

Best,
    May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Couples

Hi May,
    Could the dream be intuitive knowledge about some professional opportunity you would find irresistible on the offing and possible conflicts with husband if you were to choose to pursue that course?

Welcome back!
    Kind regards,
    Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Kathy!

How do you reckon? I'm interested in knowing how you reached this conclusion.

Thanks for your reply. Its good to be back!

All the best,
    May

Hi,

I posted this dream about a month ago. I can't rule out the possibility that it might have something to do with my career, but until now, I have not had any conflict between any career choices and my husband, so I'm still looking for an interpretation.

The dream may be a commentary about my overall relationship with my husband also I'm not sure about that either, so there is probably another less obvious explanation.

I am open to any interpretations and still waiting to see if it will apply to any career decisions.

Thanks everyone,
    May

the dream seems to indicate tha you have insecurities, whether they are justified or unjustified only you can know.

You seem to have a paternal influence, or some deep seated urge to allow the past to influence your relations, whether they are professional or personal, today. Somehow viewing you as the person you were, rather than who you are today, makes some part of you comfortable, although you have a conflict about this.
    Maybe you have a conflict with men that don't quite meet our old animus criteria.

You may be engaging in a repetitive cycle in your life, as you continue to engage in behavior that has somehow come to become some type of paternal urge propelling you into this cycle.
    the cycle could be insecurity with your animus, or demands for undivided attention or it could be both as one could feed the other.

if this is true, your sub is predicting a huge problem coming.

good luck.
    sorry if I was no help. maybe if his is wrong, you may want to try free association and talk about how the dream strikes you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Carlos,

Your interpretation is right on.

That I'm struggling with insecurities and that I'm repeating a pattern influenced by parental forces is absolutely true and these two things are also interconnected.

I hope working with this dream can give me the insight to make changes. I think having this dream shows that I'm ready for a big change and also the fact that the house at the end of the dream was bigger is a sign of growth...

Thanks Carlos!
    May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present